Anxiety Community
Depression/anxiety question, PLEASE READ!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

So I've been suffering from social anxiety/depression for a few years now, like many of you. And I was just wondering if any of you feel like "you" again. After the medication. therapy, etc. Do you feel like the person you were before the anxiety/depression? Are you happy with yourself and see a bright future?

For me, it's like a war. I may win some battles and see a good day, but I don't feel strong enough to win the war. But I won't stop fighting.

Well, hopefully there's a light at the end of this tunnel! and thanks for reading and please comment ur experiences!

You might never feel like the person you were before but you must be strong and fight everyday to beat this and be as normal as you can be.
The short answer?  Yes!  Like you, I worried I would never get back to feeling like "me" again.  It was a long road; but with therapy, meds, better self care, and the love of family & friends, I am back to "me" that I enjoy being.

You are right - anxiety can be a daily battle, which can feel exhausting.  But there IS light at the end of the tunnel.  Just the fact that you've chosen to fight takes a huge amount of courage.  

You will see good days.  Just keep taking things one day at a time.  For me, sometimes, it's just one minute at a time!  You can do it.  And there's great people on this forum any time you need some encouragement.

Hang in there!
I am the same as before, however I changed my outlook on life while taking meds so I was able to maintain an even keel when I stopped the meds. I enjoy everything I did before I was in a prolonged anxiety period. Focus on the now, rather what can happen or what did happen is a key otherwise there is too much wasted energy especially if there are negative events involved.
Your post is aimed at those who survived, and the way you wrote it you seem to be still in the anxiety battle, so I presume you are worrying if it never ends happily - it does for some people.
meegWpaw commented on Scared and Confused
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on Moma_Cher's status
1 hr ago