Anxiety Community
Derealization or this disorder called somatoform?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I don't no what somatoform is but i asked a lot of doctors on just answer website and one said it looked like that's what I have.  4 months ago I over ate and decided to relieve myself by vomiting I know dumb so no lecture please. Anyways i never actually ended up vomiting. I new something was in there so I kept pushing and pushing (dry heaving) then all of a sudden I became spaced out, everything just looks a little different, it's hard to explain. The feeling never went away it's here all the time 24/7. Along with my eyes heaving heavy and tired aaalll thee tiimmee and my upper back of my neck is always tight. I thought I must have hurt something in my body but iv had tons o blood work , MRI, cat scan and spinal tap. Doctors just keeps saying it is anxiety but I never thought I had anxiety or a panic attack and why come on when I was heaving ? I don't understand. So now i believe somehow I have derealization which makes me feel little better because there is a good chance of working at it and making a full recovery even though it wouldn't be easy. I was the happiest 20 yr old girl ever before this happened. I was always having fun and now i cant do much of anything . I just had to quit my job and probably have to move back home :(  can you get derealization for no reason or not no why? O does it look like I have this somatoform disorder which i hope i don't because it looks worse than derealization. The doctor on just answer said that derealization is a symptom of somatoform but iv looked it up and cant find anything about that. I just don't no what I should believe. Everyone tells me different things. My symptoms just remind me of derealization. I dont know. Heellpp meeee plea see!
anyone?
It sounds like derealization to me. This condition is the result of a tired mind due to stress. You must give it time to heal.

Its a shame you had to quit your job because of this condition. Was it that bad? Are your parents helpful and supportive with you going through this?

I dont know much about the other disorder you brought up. Sorry
mishymoshymarcy commented on Nighthawk61's status
melimeli commented on renae176's status
melimeli commented on renae176's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms