Anxiety Community
Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade

I have a great deal of pain in my stomach, upper part, feels like the hyatial hernia is back. I don't drink alcohol, some coffee, try to eat gluten free, and I am type O negative blood.  Recently due to my recent unemployment status, yes I have been stressed, worried, scared, and I am 52 - menopause is present.  So the depression, the on and off crying for no reason, the hot flashes, the weight gain in tummy, extreme fatigue, ...My question is: Diatomaceous Earth has a lot of value, I am thinking about drinking my 4 oz glass each morning to perhaps clean out anything that doesn't belong in my stomach, H pylori? Your thoughts?  ps I am on Zantac
This is probably posted in the wrong place, but as I regularly participate in the complementary medicine forum maybe I'll take a crack at it.  I've never used that product, and when I managed health food stores for 18 years nobody else did either for this purpose.  And if it does "clean out anything that doesn't belong in the stomach," well, it might, but it will just come back again later so what's the point?  And what if it washes out the Zantac, which also doesn't belong in your stomach?  Here's what that product does when you take it regularly -- it suppresses stomach acid, but since you must have high stomach acid whenever you try to digest protein and certain essential nutrients, there's a rebound effect where your stomach just works harder to produce more and more acid.  The better natural products if you wanted to try that approach would replace the Zantac, such as aloe juice, DGL, slippery elm, and the like.  The don't suppress acid, they instead repair and strengthen the stomach lining, so you don't get the rebound effect.  As for H. pylori, it's in everyone.  It's only a problem when the stomach lining and acid/alkaline get so disturbed it finds a permanent home, in which case the main result tends to be ulcers, which you don't mention.  There are natural treatments for H. pylori, including mastic gum, manukka honey, and others.  Some use organic apple cider vinegar with the mother to restore proper acid/alkaline balance.  But if you don't know this area well, it's best to see a professional herbalist or naturopath who can guide you through it.  These problems are usually dietary in origin, so adjusting the diet is the bottom line cure.  There are also natural products to help balance your hormones.  So again, if you're looking for a natural approach to your issues, I'd say see a naturopath or holistic nutritionist or practitioner of integrated medicine (they are physicians who use both allopathic and natural treatments).  Now, I'm no expert on the product you want to use, but I do think your approach is a bit off the mark for what you want to accomplish.  Good luck.
I should have added, when I said Zantac also doesn't belong in your stomach I meant that medications are usually foreign to anything the body has evolved to digest, so they have to be manufactured to defeat the body's attempts to get rid of an unknown invader (some pharmaceutical products are stronger variations of natural plant products, and these are usually less problematic).  When you take things the clean out an organ, such as liver cleansers, there is the possibility it will also clean out medications, making them less effective.  So if you want the Zantac to work, you don't want to wash it out of your system.  
I actually have used the Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade product but it was for my kitties and flea control.  The kitties enjoy eating their fleas according to web sites and when they ingest them the chance of worms is very high and the Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade is purported to kill the worms in the kittys system...I used the Earth Food Product because of the other ingredients I did not like in main stream flea control and the Diatomacious Earth did the trick very well.  I also read from web sites that many many people do ingest the Earth Food Product and really love it but have never gotten that far into using it.

I really liked Paxileds reply back to you.  He is well informed ...

I wish you the very best with your search....

M
Thank you very much for your answer, It was my first time with this site, I just bought Aloe Vera last week, I am also curving the nuts, coffee, and stress ( which all leads to my stomach pain ) I didn't realize protein had that effect.  Thanks again.
No, protein doesn't have that effect.  That's how the stomach acts normally.  Drugs make it act abnormally, to control the symptoms.  Don't know why you're curbing nuts.  Do they give you a problem?  They're a great source of protein and fiber, and very good for you.
CN Tower Flashback
17 hrs ago by Sheri1969
Sheri1969 is ...anxious from a flashb... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
May 29
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms