Anxiety Community
Do I have anxiety?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Do I have anxiety?

Hi everyone, I've been having some weird symptoms that I'm not sure if it is anxiety or not. For the past 3-4 months, I've been feeling worried all the time. Even if my schedule is clear and bills are paid, I still feel anxious, and it's getting worse. I feel worried, I've been unable to sleep. Even when I am tired, I still toss and turn even though I feel exhausted. Recently I've been feeling really hot, like the inside of my body is very warm and sometimes tingly. It's really strange, and it's happening more often. Sometimes when I talk to people, I feel like I'm in a dream or not even there because it feels like I'm drifting. I also feel like my mind is constantly racing 100 mph. I think I've had a few panic attacks in the past couple months, my heart races, I feel stuck or claustrophobic wherever I am, and I just want to cry.  It's hard to explain...I want to make a doctors appointment, but that even makes me anxious! I made an appointment about a month ago, and then chickened out and cancelled it. Has anyone gone through or currently going through something similar to this? What did you do, and if you saw a Dr., what did they tell you?
Hi Laur1016.

I can relate to your story a lot!!!
Rewind back to my childhood. Your symptoms multiplied x 100! lol!
I was afraid I was going to die! Heart palpitations, followed by stabbing chest and back pains, scared me so much, I was forcing myself to stay awake at night, hoping I could will these attacks away with my mind, so I wouldn't die in my sleep!
My mom-suffering from depression, heart condition, a sick baby and a
sick toddler to look after- was not aware of my issues till she seen me crying one day, from the pain and the fear, while shaking vigorously from the palpitations. She thought I had a heart condition and gave me some money and go to see the cardiologist in town. At the time I was 10 years old. After crying for what it seemed forever, I guess my fear of dying was stronger  than my fear of going alone to the doctor!
Petrified, yet determined,  as this was a do or die thing, I walked into his office and reluctantly sat down at the empty waiting room.
When his door opened, he came towards me  and asked what I was doing there alone. I told him that my mom was sick with 2 babies at home
and she had asked me to go and have my heart checked there.
Long story short, he was a Cardiologist with a great interest in Psychology
asked me a zillion questions and at the end said: "You're too young to give you any medicine for what you have because it might be harmful at the same time." Everyday, eat pumpkin and sunflower seeds and drink a hot chocolate or chocolate milk and study these sheets here and follow the instructions carefully. Understand?" (Hey, we were poor, but I could afford  to do this!) "And your heart is OK". I was relieved to say the least!

I was to do daily breathing exercises, thinking (mental) exercises,
and a whole bunch of other things. Who knows if it was the placebo effect
or  if all this really worked, but I felt almost normal in a couple weeks.

Even my lesser symptoms, like agorophobia, shyness, shivering from cold sensations sweating from hot sensations, constant worries,sadness,
where all slowly dissipating. And the cost for this appointment
was NIL as he refused to accept payment!  God Bless his Soul!

It took many years for me to really feel good, but my  childhood  illness
became a path for my future.
And now I do Hypnotherapy, Energy Psychotherapy and a bunch of different holistic therapies, helping others!

The hot chocolate and the seeds were rich sources of magnesium.
The breathing exercises, helped optimize my breathing patterns for proper oxygen intake and CO2 production and helping control anxiety!
The mental exercises where hypnotic in nature, bringing me to a dreamy state, calming my mind and inviting wellness and health through my sub-conscious. I think this doctor was a genius!

Please tell me more what's going on in your life, present and past events traumas ( mine was the traumatic experience from being alone at the age of 9, when my dad was taken away by the military , my mom not well at all, unable to be there for me, most of the time I had to be there for her and very little money for ANYTHING! and probably malnourished with deficiencies).

You can get much better. Really!
Please post again or PM me with some more of your details.
Then after I can offer you many helpful suggestions.
Take care.
Niko

mishymoshymarcy If you focus on results, yo... Comment
24 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on Dear future me
41 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
44 mins ago
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms