Anxiety Community
Doctor denied refill
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Doctor denied refill

My doctor denied my refill for Zoloft for reasons being unknown. I am very upset with this and obviously he doesn't care about his patients if he is willing to do this. I havent had it for about 4 or 5 days now and I really dont like the way I am feeling. I dont know what to do and I am hoping I can get some soon.
I feel very out of it and dizzy, my heart is racing, I cannot sleep, and I am constipated (this seems to be an on and off issue while taking the medication too).

I feel like I want to taper of this medication, I used to get severe panic attacks and am afraid that they will come back. I do not like the feeling of being medicated anymore though. I cannot just stop taking it though, thats really unfair of him. :(
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Has there been a mistake? maybe on the computer system, it might say you're not due them yet.. try the doctors office again.
Blank
No! my pharmacy contacted the doctor and he denied my refill! I am very upset and dont wish to see him ever again
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
That's very odd.  Were you Rx'd something else by this doctor, and if so, did you have problems with that med as well?  Is this your PCP or a psychiatrist?  Did something else happen?

If you can't fix this situation with your current doc, then I would advise finding a new one to resume to Zoloft, or at least properly taper you off.  What you're experiencing is a common discontinuation syndrome, in other words, like a withdrawal.  Your body is trying to adjust to it not having the med anymore.
Blank
1679514_tn?1305243668
I am sorry to hear that, doctors can be very pushy with medications, yet once you are on them more so reluctant to give you them. I would try to see a psychiatrist as soon as possible, if it has been 5 days (the dangerous withdrawals should be gone), the anxiety no. I will keep you in my thoughts and hopefully you can find a new doctor and possibly a new medication. Much Luck.
Blank
My doctor is a psychiatrist.. Like I said I am just going to look into another doctor to get me going again. This is totally screwing my life up. I am having some serious issues sleeping and that is not good because once I pass out it seems like I am out for like ten hours.

I feel so out of it and dizzy it ***** :( i cant believe he would cut me off though, that is so irresponsible of him, I mean he prescribed me this medication and should know the issues with not taking it once your body is used to it...
Blank
Zoloft is not a controlled substance.  There is no reason for a doctor to refuse a refill request unless he's lost the privilege to prescribe.  I would check into this further. It just doesn't make sense unless you were calling in early. Also are you due for an appointment before he writes new scripts? A lot of p-docs won't give more than 6 month script without follow-up. A regular PCP will help you with this dilemma.  SSRI's are not usually frowned upon.  Sure hope you get some help with this situation. Good Luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
13 mins ago
Blank
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
2 hrs ago
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
rana64, JGF25, and nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status
3 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723