Anxiety Community
Doctor denied refill

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Doctor denied refill

My doctor denied my refill for Zoloft for reasons being unknown. I am very upset with this and obviously he doesn't care about his patients if he is willing to do this. I havent had it for about 4 or 5 days now and I really dont like the way I am feeling. I dont know what to do and I am hoping I can get some soon.
I feel very out of it and dizzy, my heart is racing, I cannot sleep, and I am constipated (this seems to be an on and off issue while taking the medication too).

I feel like I want to taper of this medication, I used to get severe panic attacks and am afraid that they will come back. I do not like the feeling of being medicated anymore though. I cannot just stop taking it though, thats really unfair of him. :(
Has there been a mistake? maybe on the computer system, it might say you're not due them yet.. try the doctors office again.
Avatar n tn
No! my pharmacy contacted the doctor and he denied my refill! I am very upset and dont wish to see him ever again
That's very odd.  Were you Rx'd something else by this doctor, and if so, did you have problems with that med as well?  Is this your PCP or a psychiatrist?  Did something else happen?

If you can't fix this situation with your current doc, then I would advise finding a new one to resume to Zoloft, or at least properly taper you off.  What you're experiencing is a common discontinuation syndrome, in other words, like a withdrawal.  Your body is trying to adjust to it not having the med anymore.
I am sorry to hear that, doctors can be very pushy with medications, yet once you are on them more so reluctant to give you them. I would try to see a psychiatrist as soon as possible, if it has been 5 days (the dangerous withdrawals should be gone), the anxiety no. I will keep you in my thoughts and hopefully you can find a new doctor and possibly a new medication. Much Luck.
Avatar n tn
My doctor is a psychiatrist.. Like I said I am just going to look into another doctor to get me going again. This is totally screwing my life up. I am having some serious issues sleeping and that is not good because once I pass out it seems like I am out for like ten hours.

I feel so out of it and dizzy it ***** :( i cant believe he would cut me off though, that is so irresponsible of him, I mean he prescribed me this medication and should know the issues with not taking it once your body is used to it...
Zoloft is not a controlled substance.  There is no reason for a doctor to refuse a refill request unless he's lost the privilege to prescribe.  I would check into this further. It just doesn't make sense unless you were calling in early. Also are you due for an appointment before he writes new scripts? A lot of p-docs won't give more than 6 month script without follow-up. A regular PCP will help you with this dilemma.  SSRI's are not usually frowned upon.  Sure hope you get some help with this situation. Good Luck.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
clean_in_ks commented on photo
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms