Anxiety Community
Does Buspar(busporine) make u gain weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Hi i just have a little question. I was perscribed buspar about a week ago. I was on fluoxetine(prozac) which made me lose alot of weight and being at 95 already it wasn't a good pill for me i took it for 6days and took myself off it it only made me feel worse. So i went to a new doctor and he gave me buspar and he prescribed it to me to take it when i need it, up to 4 times a day if needed. i have only taken it one time and it seemed to make my anxiety go away. Im pretty sure if i've only taken one pill which was a week ago that it wouldn't make me gain wieight right???? Im just not sure thats why i'm asking, or am i just catching up on the weight i had lost from the prozac?
Thank you
Hi, im a 26 year old male and am currently taking buspar and it doesnt effect my weight at all. I had had a problem with a medication i was on and my weight went through the roof and never been the sam since. I went from 130 to almost 200lbs. And the doctors finnaly took me off this demon drug it was called zyprexa. I felt great mentaly while on it but my physical well being went to hell. bascially the reason for the background was they put me on buspar because it was a really good med for anxiety without weight gain side effects. adn ive been ok and actually lost a lot of weight.
LPNGirl07 commented on Feeling more kicks!
LPNGirl07 commented on Almost there....
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...