Anxiety Community
Does Lexapro cause tired and low motivation?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does Lexapro cause tired and low motivation?

I take 20mg Lexapro for anxiety and it makes me so tired. Does Lexapro make make anyone else tired and what do you do about it? Its the only med that has worked for me, but all I do is sleep and I have no motivation all.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
723959_tn?1314747825
when do u take it? morning or at night? also my aunt was like that and switched hers to every other day and she is none stop. how long have u been on lexapro? sometimes it takes a month or two for it to get in your bloodstream and then the bad symptoms just fade away. also it may not be the right anti-depressant for you. have u tryed any other anti-depressant?  taking only 10mgs may not be as strong.

kalie
Blank
I was prescribed 10mg Lexapro which I took briefly awhile back.  I'm no longer on it.  

I also experienced lethargy and tiredness all throughout the day.  When my doctor began to wean me off, I no longer had those symptoms at the lower dosage and actually felt really good.

I agree with Kalie that its possible that a lower dose may also help you.  However, please don't change your dosage without consulting with your doctor.

Blessings and pleasant thoughts to you and Happy Valentines Day.
Bon-Bon    
Blank
Hello,

I have been on 10mg of Lexapro since November and lately have been also very tired and not very motivated.  I spoke with my doctor and as of this week he has changed me to 7.5mg to see if they helps.  I guess it takes a little fine tuning to figure out what works for everyone.  He also stated that out bodies are constantly changing so what we may have originaly needed may not be the case as time goes by.  I would talk to your doctor and see if a lower does may be what you need.

Best Wishes,

Laura
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
newlife52 commented on 8 months off Subutex ...
21 mins ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 new buump pic up. Blessings... Comment
32 mins ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 uploaded a new photo
34 mins ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker