Anxiety Community
Does Lexapro cause tired and low motivation?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I take 20mg Lexapro for anxiety and it makes me so tired. Does Lexapro make make anyone else tired and what do you do about it? Its the only med that has worked for me, but all I do is sleep and I have no motivation all.
when do u take it? morning or at night? also my aunt was like that and switched hers to every other day and she is none stop. how long have u been on lexapro? sometimes it takes a month or two for it to get in your bloodstream and then the bad symptoms just fade away. also it may not be the right anti-depressant for you. have u tryed any other anti-depressant?  taking only 10mgs may not be as strong.

kalie
I was prescribed 10mg Lexapro which I took briefly awhile back.  I'm no longer on it.  

I also experienced lethargy and tiredness all throughout the day.  When my doctor began to wean me off, I no longer had those symptoms at the lower dosage and actually felt really good.

I agree with Kalie that its possible that a lower dose may also help you.  However, please don't change your dosage without consulting with your doctor.

Blessings and pleasant thoughts to you and Happy Valentines Day.
Bon-Bon    

I have been on 10mg of Lexapro since November and lately have been also very tired and not very motivated.  I spoke with my doctor and as of this week he has changed me to 7.5mg to see if they helps.  I guess it takes a little fine tuning to figure out what works for everyone.  He also stated that out bodies are constantly changing so what we may have originaly needed may not be the case as time goes by.  I would talk to your doctor and see if a lower does may be what you need.

Best Wishes,

Laura
I have been taking alprazolam 0.25 mg 3 times a day for over 10 years. My Dr wants me to wean off so she gave me Lexapro 5mg once a day to help me thru this weaning process. The Lexapro in addition to the alprazolam makes me very tired. I am taking the lexapro in the morning along with alprazolam and I'm sure that's the reason I feel like I could sleep all day. After reading the comments posted on here I think I will take lexapro at night instead. I'm glad I saw this sight!

Jade59 commented on stilltrying1965's status
mishymoshymarcy I AM HEALTHY. I AM HAPPY. I... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms