Does Xanax cause weight loss and no appetite?
I am going to the doctor later today. So, I am going to post this, in hopes I can receive a quick answer. I was switched from Valium to Xanax almost a year ago. I have lost weight that I do not have and have no appetite at all. My favorite foods do not even appeal to me. And this has been going on for months.

I am currently on 1 mg. Xanax 3 times daily. I though have weaned down over the weeks. Now, at 1 mg. once daily. I am going to speak to my doctor about the Xanax. I really just do not like it at all. It was okay for me in the beginning. But of course, I have built up a tolerance to it. I was on Valium for 5 yrs. And it just seemed that I did much better on the Valium.

I am bipolar I and have extreme anxiety. I am 53 and have been this way for many years. I though have only in the last 5 yrs. been on any type anxiety med like Xanax and Valilum  long-term. I know that Valium has a long half life and Xanax does not. And I myself can feel that is true, by being on both meds

But, just wondered if anyone had an answer, about Xanax causing weight loss and loss of appetite. I have lung disease and cannot afford to lose another pound. I am 5'6" and weighing in at 130 lbs. If I get sick, I have to have weight on me, to be able to better fight an illness. Thank you and God bless.