Anxiety Community
Does anxiety cause tingling in the whole body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Last July I had tingling itching creeping sensation pins and needles sensation in my whole body even my head and face, doctor said its form of stress I am worried it sould be multiple sclirosis symptoms becasue I read about it a lot, the symtoms (symptoms) subsided for 8 months now I have again for month and half already and doctor still say same thing its stress related I am not too convinced of that becasue I am not that stressed any advise does any one has the same symptoms thank you
i do feel the same way for the past 6 mnths...
still struggling to get rid of those weird symptoms...

i'm 23 yrs old, an for the past 9 months now i have been dealing with tingling sensation in my lower back which progresses throughout my whole body at times, i'm not sick or anything, along with the tingling sensation i sumtimes have alot of pain in my lower back area. i don't know wut it could be, any one else every experience these types of symptons, an if so send me a lil feed bak please...much appreciated.. Nick
i have had tingling that migrates around my body now for almost a month, at times its stronger and other times weaker, often concentrated on the left side but comes in waves in other places, my head right arm and leg. metallic taste in left side of my mouth lately--
the doctor has prescribed antidepressants and sleeping pills, attributing this all to anxiety, i also have a hard time believing this and am scheduling an mri as soon as possible- i also find i'm very sensitive to hot and cold temp changes-just had a woosh of tingling on top of my head while writing this, thought i'd contribute cause i've been reading allot here lately.
j
Has anything changed in your life or caused you stress lately?
For the past month I've had tingling numbness, shortness of breath and pains in my chest. I've seen a doctor and he said it's stress. But still feeling the fact I've been through a Axniety attack before and knew I could shake the feeling. But it's been a month and still feel the same way. I have my good and bad days but just wish to feel normal. I go for a cardiac stress test next month and hope everything goes back to normal. I feel a lot better when I sleep but when I wake up and I'm up for hours I start feeling the same way.
hey nash, i am looking up similar information about tingling sensations. At night when i sleep too late and maybe also because sometimes i dont eat dinner some days, i try to sleep and i will be lying down, then all of a sudden i get this crazy creeping feeling that tingles all over my entire body. It's a hot, prickly feeling that feels similar to when a part of your body falls asleep from being in one position for too long(lack of blood circulation). But this feeling makes you want to move while the cut circulation feeling makes you want to be still until it leaves. It's so bad that i have to move, I have no choice but to move. i tried to ignore it and deal with the tingling, trying my hardest not to move, but even then, my hands will shake because of the super strong prickly tingling. so it keeps me up at night sometimes, i always end up getting up and walking around for a little while until the feeling goes away. it takes maybe 30 minutes to go away, then i go back to sleep. I cant afford a doctor right now so i don't know what it could be. I think i have anxiety and add, but im not sure. The feeling does come in stressful nights though, so it might be anxiety, i have no clue.
I just started feeling this way today, I do suffer from anxiety, but I was playihg a game on my computer when i got this pressure in the left temple, sick to my stomach, then this tingling through out my body down my legs, I started burping while wanting to cry at the same time, felt some heavyness in my chest, it scared me. Does anyone know what this is? Has anyone been to a doctor to find out?
It seems many of us here have the tingling. Just a few days ago I had a major anxiety attack that turned into being called a seizure, which I don't think it was; I just totally froze, became rigid. I called the paramedics who took me to the hospital where I had lots of tests, including MRI, EEG, CAT scan. All came back normal.

I guess what I want to say is that what started it all, and usually does, was the tingling, then creepy muscle contractions everywhere that cause me to flip out.

Did you have the tests done?
If it comes and goes but happens during stress it's possible that its carbon dioxide levels . When you become stressed, your body prepares you for whatever your up against by increasing your heart rate and breathing. The problem is, is that we don't notice how fast our heart is going and the breathing with it. Your oxygen levels go up in your blood and your CO2 levels drop causing an imbalance that needs to be fixed (for reasons that you need to take classes to fully understand) so your body will start to contract muscles to use up that oxygen which will also cause heart palpitations because your heart will contract harder too, to use up that excess oxygen. This creates cramping and constricting your arteries/veins, cutting off blood. Problem is, that we think it's a heart problem so we breath deeper and faster because we think we're not getting enough oxygen. It's fine to move around if your not having severe symptoms just keep your breathing as slow as you can. WARNING THOUGH, you will drop your BP from this quickly meaning don't be getting up fast or anything since your body may not compensate in time, so you pass out.

Recopied and slightly modified from message to a member.
TinaR10 commented on photo
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
TinaR10 21 weelks in the am Comment