Anxiety Community
Does anybody know anything about serelax??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I am currently suffering from anxiety and mild depression. have been prescribed zoloft but thought that before I start this 9 months course of medication I would exhaust all other options... Does anybody know anything about serelax? does it work... read up about it and it looks great. Has anyone got some real personal experiance with the stuff? Please guys I'm looking for a real and genuine answer and I really need some clear guidance on this, so if you have any other reason for uplifting the product (ie you get payed to do so) besides just really genuinly thinking that it works, please dont say anything just this once...

Thank you!
I looked it up on the internet.  I've never used it and wouldn't, because the dosages aren't correct, and items that should be taken apart from meals are combined with items that should be taken with food.  That said, the ingredients are pretty standard natural remedies.  Passionflower is a very good relaxant, theanine is an amino acid found in green tea, but probably the dosage in the formula is too low if your anxiety is high, 5htp is the precursor the body uses to make serotonin, but again, the dose seems low.  Wood betony is a mild relaxant.  Kava is an excellent relaxant, though some are afraid of it because the standardized version caused five people (out of millions who take it) to suffer liver damage.  I'm not afraid of it, but some might be.  So basically, you've got a formula which probably should be divided up.  For a good book on the subject that will give you better advice, look for Natural Highs by Hyla Cass, a psychiatrist associated with UCLA med school, or see a naturopath.  
Thanks so much for the help!!!
I have been prescribed an anti deppressant called Zoloft. at 50mg per day. Im only 18 and am feeling a bit scared and worried to go on anti depressants coz I have never taken any before... Do you know anything about the stuff and if so do you think it could possibly help?
Here's my answer, and it's only mine.  If what you have isn't significantly impairing your life, don't take drugs for it.  See a therapist and try natural remedies and techniques first.  There's nothing wrong with a lot of the ingredients of your product, you just need more help choosing which ones to try.  They can't be all in one bottle.  Medication should be held in reserve for if therapy doesn't work, or breathing techniques or meditation or CBT doesn't work.  Then, you can try medication.  That's how I would do it, having done badly at it both ways and knowing I would do it all differently if I had it to start all over again.
Bought 30 days dose of zoloft today... mom's freakin about cost and says I shouldnt wast them and must take them (coz I have already spent so much trying to make myself feel better) and I have been seeing a therapist for more that 6 months now, in fact she really wants me to go on these meds... So now Ive got them, am in my final (and very difficult) year of schooling and it feels like I am at a crossroads, take the medication route (and it feels like that will be my curse and course for the rest of my life) or try one more time to fix things without going down that road. Thing is is that I dont even really know what I am feeling, really dont know if I am maybe just making this all up in my head??  dont know if I have a problem or not, and that alone makes me feel really bad. Have been like this for almost a year now, thing is is that I'm having trouble sleeping (or at least I convince myself that I am having trouble sleeping andvtherefore cannot sleep) I cant work properly, I feel energyless, groggy, unclear, socially incapable, quite OCD and often quite depressed and hopeless. My therepist adamantly believes that zoloft is the only way for me (and sometimes this really freaks me out and scares me a bit), but I honestly just dont know anymore. Dont know, dont even know what to believe or what is good or bad in my life anymore. If you can even believe yourself than it just feels sort of like your just a leaf in the wind, and whichever way the strongest wind blows, you will go.... But anyways, thats basically my story... Sorry about the long message and thank you so much for the advice... hope it all turns out alright in the end.
I don't know why you would not try Serelax, you stated that one should try natural remedies first rather than those zombie makers that Doctors prescribe, I've studied Serelax extensively and am about to try it, it has garnered a 98% rating and the top natural anti-anxiety supplement, so without trying it I don't see how you can come up with your conclusion.
You apparently didn't read my posts.  Natural remedies are tricky to use; they aren't nearly as strong as medications.  Products that combine several ingredients in one are often combining the wrong dosages for proper relief and combine things that should be taken at mealtime with things that can't be absorbed that way.  Herbs are best taken three times a day, but just like medication, dosages will vary by the person, and so will the effects.  I didn't say anything about not trying natural remedies, only that, just like medication, they need to be used appropriately and correctly or they won't work.  And 98% rating by whom?  Never trust statistics on medication or natural remedies, they're always cooked.  If you ever see a real herbalist or holistic healer, you'll find that the person will speak to you for an hour or more before trying anything to find out exactly what's going on with you, will talk diet, exercise, sleep, stress levels, history, illnesses, pains, and then will suggest a regimen of supplements to help.  These will change over time as the person sees what works and what doesn't, and as your symptoms change.  With natural remedies, the goal is to heal, not just treat symptoms.  If you want to read a book that will show you just how many remedies there are for mood disorders, and it doesn't contain half of them, try Natural Highs by Hyla Cass.  She's a psychiatrist at UCLA who uses natural remedies in her practice.  And if you want to learn how natural medicine is practiced, and that's hard since there are many different traditions, take a look at Planetary Herbology by Michael Tierra.  It will give you a good introduction to a synthesis of different healing traditions and how modern herbalists and naturopaths incorporate the different traditions to come up with an individualized formula for a particular person.  Doctors and psychiatrists should do this as well, but good luck!
I did read your posts and I'd still rather try the herbal supplement before the zombie makers that Doctors prescribe, Serelax has been researched thoroughly that is where the 98% came from, and it was rated # 1.  I'm already taking a herbal supplement for BPH called Beta Sitosterol and it has worked wonders, I'd rather take that then Flomax or Avidart where you can't even get an erection.  Europeans have used and known about herbal supplements for a long time, do they think there is anything tricky about them?  Yes, one has to be careful, that is why one must do their homework, ask questions and study up.  Bottom line, if Seralax does not work, I'll go to Paxil, etc, but as a last resort.  Thank you for the information.
Look, I'm not trying to be annoying here, but you're really not reading my posts.  I managed health food stores for 18 years, and know quite a lot about natural remedies.  At no time did I say they don't work or shouldn't be tried, and at no time did I say pharmaceutical products are better.  What I said was that the particular product mentioned, because I know this field very well, is not what I would do because of the reasons I mentioned.  As for research, no, it hasn't been independently researched at all, and there is no 98% figure.  It's an advertising gimmick from one small study that wasn't double blinded and involved only a tiny number of people.  The reason for this is that nobody has the money except governments to do significant research on natural remedies; it's too expensive for products that can't be patented.  I personally think this is criminal, that pharmaceutical companies get all the research money, but that's the current practice.  Also realize that Serelax isn't a traditional remedy that's been used for centuries -- it's a new creation by somebody trying to make money.  As I said, traditional herbal medicine won't use a one-size-fits all approach, they will shape the herbs used to the individual.  A good herbalist will either mix their own formula by mixing tinctures together, but more often they will recommend several remedies to be taken individually at the appropriate times, either with food or without, depending on the remedy.  What's tricky about natural remedies is the same thing that's tricky about pharmaceutical products -- everyone reacts and metabolizes them differently.  There's no way to predict in advance which will work for a particular person.  Now, if you want to try Serelax, go ahead, I never said otherwise, I just said there are better ways to do natural healing than to use that particular formula.  Not that the person shouldn't try natural healing.  Just as for you, if you try Serelax, and it doesn't work, that's no reason to give up and try Paxil, a drug that's particularly difficult to be on and get off.  Trying to get off Paxil ruined my life.  It's a reason to try different natural remedies.   You just don't give up because one remedy doesn't work.  You try something else.  And as for Europeans, their herbal medicine, while old by pharmaceutical standards, is a lot younger than Chinese and American Indian and Indian herbal medicine.  Every part of the world has herbs and a tradition of using them.  By limiting yourself to this one product that appears poorly designed, you are severely limiting your options.  But by all means, if you believe this is the formula for you, try it.  It won't hurt you.  The worst that can happen is it won't work, and then go see a naturopath and do it right.  And by the way, people would be shocked if they knew how few people were in the trials to approve pharmaceutical products, how the companies don't report adverse outcomes to the FDA or to the public, how many people drop out of the studies, how little better the drugs do than placebo, how no long-term studies are done so we don't find out about the really bad effects until years after a drug hits the market, and how anyone with a major problem is excluded from the studies so they really don't apply to those who actually need medication.    
Well I can appreciate all of the comments and let me respectfully give you an update. After reading everything that I could about the product I decided to give the Serelax a try. All that I can tell you the product has given me phenomenal results! I am not going to go on and on and turn this into a commercial but the results don't lie.
I'm happy to share my experience in hope of helping someone who may be searching for an answer like I once did.  I started suffering with depression after my mother passed away in 1988, and then my child's father left when my son was 9 months old. I was so afraid to take any other medication, including doctor's prescribed, because of the many side affects that came along with it.  Feeling desperate a year ago, I decided to research the web for some relief, and that's when I discovered serelax.  I researched this product for approx. a month before I decided to give a chance.  If only I had this product much earlier.  For me, the 'black hole'(expression of my depression) has disappeared. I feel hopeful and grateful.  I use to think about suicide a lot, but those thoughts are gone. Thank God.  I hope that this has helped someone.
I suffered from mild depression & anxiety.  I was on 10 mg of Lexapro but wanted to stop it due to weight gain & sexual side effects.  I was off Lexapro for 1-2 weeks & started gettting symptoms again.  I started Serelax immedietely & noticed a great improvement.  I am doing great on Serelax & so glad to be off Lexapro.  I would recommend it to anybody!
I was prescribed Zoloft, too. I refused to take it and found natural ways to improve my moods, including starting with thoughts.
I have taken a few depression and anxiety meds for more than 5 years and I can honestly say that serelax has helped me so much. I can stop it at any time without any withdrawals. It seems as though I am living a normal life I don't care what I look like, (every little thing had to be perfect on me before), I always felt like someone was staring at me and I couldn't even look people in the eye....but ever since I've been taking serelax it's made me feel like me again.....not to. Mention the energy and love for life I have.....thank you serelax!!
hi david i have a few anxiety episodes in the past beacuse i  was scarred from my blood presure.when i have  wrong readings from windixie markets after all my health is good i checked in the hospital a nurse tellme windixie blood presurre tester the tide to much in the wrist that why the readings are innacurate i didnt know that. so was to late whe i scared and i try everything i think i going to try serelax, i taking now .5mg lorazeám to make me sleep i have cronic (chronic) insomnia  mix with half capsule of 50mg hidrozixine and make me sleep but side effect are feel tired and drowsiness. a cop was  staring at me once in a mall i was buying stuff for my wife  and my dougther i check my face thru the glass my face  I couldn't even look people in the eye. hope in god
my life change with serelax keeping ´posted
let me know how works with you and how much time you taking regards..
Hi Mario - I have been taking clonazepan for anxiety and  prozac for quite a while.  But no relief.  So recently I tried serelax and man do I feel like a new person.  I will never again use any prescription medicine.
How long have you used serelax before you felt relief ?
This thread is very old.  If you would like input, please start your own newq thread, by clicking on this link:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=71

Thanks!
I am 56 and have suffered with depression for 22 years. I first got on Paxil and it worked until the last few years. I have tried changing the dose and trying every med out there. I dont know what to do. I was thinking about trying the Serelax. I am so fing depressed. I have grand children that want to be with me. Help
HollowFeelings joined this community
Welcome them!
9 mins ago
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
40 mins ago
Swollentoe commented on Ms_C's status