Anxiety Community
Does anyone get weird head sensations with their Anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I've posted a few questions lately, but i'm just having a bad few weeks of Anxiety =/
I'm nearly 19 and to put it short i have Social Anxiety and a fear of dying.
I get aload of symptoms with my Anxiety, different ones all the time.
But theres some in particular that worry me, i get these weird popping type sensations in my head mainly near my ears and on the back of my head, they only last a few seconds.
I also get alot of scalp pain, heavy headedness, headaches and crackeling sensations, it feels like i'm bleeding in my brain sometimes.
I do only notice it all when i'm dealing with my Anxiety, especially if i'm sitting down and i think " ooo that was weird, in my head "
Does anyone else get any of these?
I've have asked my doctor and she said people get all kinds of sensations/pains in their head from Anxiety, it's extremely common, your head is just as sensative as say your stomach/bowels are.
So she said jst try and relax and see if the weirdness goes away.
So i dunno really.
And i'm petrified of dying from a brain aneurysm =|
x
i no what you goin throu im worried about dying of a brain tumour i get loads of horribe sensations in my head ears and go dizzy and feel off balance ect when im outside wether its sunny o not i have to wear sunglasses i get alot of head aches and ear ache even thou at least 4 docs in the lastt 2 week have told me its not a brain tumour that doesnt help as we still worry think with me avin kids it dont help as i keep thinking i will leave them hope this helps abit xxxxxxx
Yes I have had this too in the past. no any more it went away when I learned it is none of my business what people think about me.
Does your family have a history of Aniorisims? where did you get that idea.
Symatisisim is common you make youself sick when stressed or anxious.
I can make myself sick and I can make myself well so im carefull with that.

If you anxiety is to high you might want to seek mental health help. consider meds for a period. What has helped me alot is to day dream it lowers my blood presure and calms me down. Just day dream picture something pleasant and experience it. Like a river, a deer drinking water, a bird perching, a person you like, God with you.
If you want to deal with this without meds, there are therapists who mass advertise teaching tools how do deal with this.

O and if your sure there is nothing wrong medically then the sun glasses is all in head too. for some reason you want to hide. face your fears. fears is mans enemy.
there is alot of Grace in this world it a bit confussing at times
your mind is powerfull and strong use it for good

i am so scared i am cryng right now i feel u guy's i thought i had a brain tumor got a scan it was fine, now im worried about nueropothy and anurysm all be causei constanly have weird headache's and a pupil that dialate's more than the other about every day i am under ton's of stress i get occasional numbness and tingling feeling. my neck muscles are alway;s tight. all thy tell me is it's stress.i have not had a mri done though wat got it in my head isa doctor told me that if my pupil stays like that i assume permanely it could be nueropothy. so now i stress on that and not to mention the other sight's say anurysm. but web md had said a tumor wich i know i dont got. please help me also i started counseling
Hey hun, i understand how your feeling, i have calmed down over the past few days and i've noticed my headaches/head sensations have calmed down with it.
My doctor told me my symptoms over this last year have started from my legs up to my head gradually over the months.
Maybe doing something to take your mind of it will help, i try watching a film i love or just going out.
Stress/Anxiety can do all sorts to our bodies, i just need to try and except that.
I am going back to see my doctor hopefully this week and i'm going to tell her about my headaches and hoe paranoid about them i am, she'll probs send me to get a scan since i had an ECG to check my heart cos i was so paranoid about that.
It was something like a brian aneruysm, the pain would come on suddently and severly, i only get bad tension headaches, and just head achiness and sensations and what feels like a tight band around my head at times.
Just try and relax, i'm seeing a concellor myself, she said i'm a hyprocondriate.
See your doctor if you're still scared.
x

thank's its so cool cuz iv been doin the same thing these last two days .keep in touch did ur pupils ever dialate?
:)
Does that mean when they go all weird?
I don't know what that means lol.
xo.
know what i meant when u had ur head ache's did u ever notice ur black part of ur eye gettn bigger than the other or maybe both wetre doin it. thats what gets me freaked out its sooo strange and i guess i am wonderin how common it is.jenn
Ohhh, no i don't think so.
That sounds more like when you have a panic attack.
When you get worried about your headaches do you get other things with it? Like you start sweating or get really hot or maybe get really shaky?!
Xo.
Do you ever where your hair in a ponytail?  Im 29 and my anxiety and depression started when I was twenty. It started out asheart palpatations, which frecked me out. then everything made me feel like i was dying. When you body stays in panic mode, depression, and axiety attacks your body reacts to all that, trust me all of your symtoms (symptoms) are coming from depression. i know your healthy, just go the doctor ask about lexapro or cymbolta after being on meds for about a month you will......i promise fill normal again..............

good luck...

lisa
Hey there, i seem to have the same thing as you guys, my head feels really weird all the time, as if theres something in there that i want to get out. I get popping sensations in my head, mostly around my ears and sometimes on the top and back of my head. I also get burning patches, tightness, pressure headaches... It seems to be all i can think about now. Im pretty much obsessed about tumors and anyrisms, ive had a CT scan but that was two weeks ago and i still havent had the results, i guess thats a good sign. If anyone has any idea how i can stop these weird sensations before i go completely mad, i would really appreciate that.
I have fibromyalgia along with anxiety and I know they go hand in hand.  Lately, my ears seem to burn. It triggered a panic attack a few weeks ago because it felt like my ear was bleeding or something.  Really weird.  I take Xanax occasionaly to help me through the bad days.  It does help and I don't worry as much with it.
Yes I get the weird head sensations. Heaviness, sometimes feels like
there is snapping going on or short circuiting. I suppose we are so sensitive
to our body sensations because of our anxiety and even depression When it comes to our heads,we think of all sorts of sinister things that could be going on. I went for a CT scan because of this and my results were clear. The brain is powerful.
The ears are connected to the vestibular system and the nervous system.
It seems these head sensations are common then, it's really strange.
I just try and not think about it when i have then, i also get a really stiff neck and my ears pop alot too.
My doctor said over the months of having anxiety my body now is very sensitive to my moods/feelings, also some of the other problems i had with my anxiety about 2-4 months ago now seem to not be there it seems my head sensations and other things have taken it's place, probs because they've got used to my moods/feelings now, i've just gotta wait till my head does.
My doctor also keeps telling if your head sensations were serious they would come severely as in a extreme bad headache suddenly or over a few days gradually getting worse, not so on and off.
And yes i also get the sensations on the top of my head around my hair parting area, it's irritating, feels like i've got an itch or something crawling in my hair =/
xo.
let me tell u something. im 18 turning 19 soon, i used to get the exact same thing as ur experiencing. Its like someone is retelling how i felt. Its all because of anxiety. I was scared i might have brain tumor. I did all sorts of tests (blood/xray/CT/MRI) and they all came back normal. its all anxiety. These symptoms are going to disappear if u don’t think about it. try to tell urself and accept that there is nothing wrong with you physically and its your mind that’s causing all these weird symptoms. Good luck

You mind is a very very powerful tool.  I also suffer from anxiety, but I obsess over my heart.  Often, if you think back, there is maybe something you can pin point that began your obsession.  I am very insightful and always try to find an explanation for everything.  When you are experiencing a panic attack related to obsession of health, your senses are heightened and even the slightest change in how you feel sends you over the edge.  A slight chest pain turns into a heart attack-I obsess about it all the time, primarily at night.  I had an ECG which helped me learn to control my attacks when they happen, it didn't prevent them but it helped me talk myself out of them to an extent.  I still have insomnia problems related to my anxiety. Seeing a counselor is necessary, one who specializes in these types of disorders.  If you try not to think about it, you always end up thinking about it.  You need to face it head on and tell yourself what it is: anxiety.  You need to make up your mind that you will not let it control you for the rest of your life.  It's not a easy as it sounds, but if you need to take meds for a little while, do that-they sometimes allow you to take a step back and view the situation from a different perspective.  Good luck and I hope your anxiety eases.
The weird head sensations are totally normal, those of us with anxiety have such a sensitivity to any sensation in our body. Everyday, I feel pressure in my head, burning scalp, sometime my hearing goes muffled, all sorts of stuff. I had an MRI because I was afraid I had a brain tumor and everything was fine. I think anxiety hits our heads most of all. If you are really worried, see you Dr. and ask for testing, but if you are an anxiety sufferer, chances are this is anxiety! I know it is for me.

Best of luck to you all!
Kristine
i have similar problems to you.. i sometimes have a fizzing sensation i can hear running from my neck upwards. And also a lot of pressure in my head. Have you consideredthe possibility that it may be a sinus complication? I have had sinus infections that were very painful and the sweling can actually cause anxiety and effect your alertness and balance.. maybe worth looking into..
Well i do suffer from allergies so it could be a possibility, at the mo i have a blocked eustachian tube on my left side thats agony =/
I am going to tell my doctor my worries and she'll probs send me to get a scan because she's like that, she always says she's never gonna tell me i'm fine when actually she doesn't actually know, but she thinks i am, like with my heart worries, i had an ECG, and everything is okay.
It's just something i'm gonna have to put up with, my head sensations gradually come over the day, i don't notice it as much when i'm lying down, but there have been times when my anxiety has calmed down and i didn't have the head sensations/stiff neck etcc.
So it's more than likely all anxiety related, but theres always gonna be a small thought it's not.
x
does any one get a cold sensation on the top of there head ever feels cold not to touch though. like inside?
i hate anxiety now i have convinced my seklf my mri is going to be not good and i have chiari man i hate the internet some tymes any rate sum one out there to help ease my mind and or pray for me would be a blessing jenn
Jenn I will be glad to pray for you.  I pray peace to you and truth will come to you as to what is causing this.  I pray the Lord sends you angels to assist you and that you will have courage to face your fears for the Lord loves you and desires that you have a healthy mind and a good life.  He has plans for you that are good and not evil.

Know that fear cannot kill you and as you face the things that are causing the fear it will not cause you to be anxioius.  We donot have to fear our feeling.  I sit down and very honestly the best I can write how I feel and then no matter how awful the things I feel are I write them down and release all the anxiety.  Most of the time this works for me and I am able to go on and when I am anxious again or feel fear I do it again and when I get tired of doing this, I take a little lorazapam.  I know it is tough but I believe as we face our fears they will not have a hold on us.   I hope this helps you a little.  Lots of love and know you are not alone.   Linda
o my gosh thank u do u suffer from anxiety? this is probably nothin just my head worrying. gob bless u  i have an mri tue 14 at 340 keep me in thoughts and prayers the mri and die alone is a horrid thought. jenn
I suffer from Anxiety and hate it. No one around me understands what I go through and I found this site. And happy I did. Email me if you have an anxiety disorder maybe we can help each other get through this terrible ordeal. My email address is ***@****
it didnt show it bummer try to add me as a friend or i will keep in touch this way.
well tomorrow the big day i hope i do well and get great result's thanks so much 4 prayn for me jenn
As I'm reading everyone's responses I am astonished how similar my own feelings are to everyone elses... I too have had the weird head & neck sensations... mine usually feel like my neck is going to collapse, but I also totally get those "cold sensations" on the inside of my head. I had a CAT scan and couple of other brain tests all coming out perfectly normal. I suspect you will have the same result Good luck!
I have been having lot's of problems with my scalp. It's driving me mad. I also get this constant head discomfort, not headache but tightning around the head, occassional stabbing pain in various parts of the head. I also get prickly, itchy scalp all the time. I have done the scalp treatments but nothing works for me. I have been having this head discomfort since October last year. I have been to the doctors several times they don't want me to go for a MRI ect as my symptoms are not of a dangerous type 'they say'. I have read all of the above & am trying hard now to live with it, but it's so hard. I have suffered for years and years with 'health anxiety', that will not really ever go away completely. Everytime I get a lump or bump in my mind it has got to be cancer.... I am so fed up with it. My family, who at first were so supportive are now bored. I don't know weather I should insist on another MRI ect as I had one two years ago, they found no problems, should I put myself through it again????????????????? Any advise would be so welcome on this subject.

Tingling scalp
Really itchy scalp
Scalp irritation tenderness
preasure headache in temple area
Jabbing pains in the head

Kathy

i get pulsing nerve3 feeling in back of head.. it feels like i can feel the blood pusing into my brain.   doc say anxiety
I can relate to just about everyone who has posted their problems. Its very very frustrating and I have been dealing with this for about 4 months. It starts off as head pressure and sharp pains that feel like I am not getting enough oxygen to the brain which then feels like almost a faint. It's scary. Before I had these problems I was having heart palpitations. Everyone kept telling me your ok dont worry your young (23). I have been to the hospital 4 times already because I am the biggest worry freak. I know it's anxiety but I also know that these feelings in my head surely cant be caused by anxiety. I am obsessed with the internet when it comes to health. One little problem that goes wrong I run straight to the computer to find out what the possibilities are. It's insane I know. I have had a CT done and all is normal. Now I am debating on getting an MRI or possibly going to see a neurologist. Any suggestions would be so great! Thanks
Wow what you have sounds alot like what i have sometimes when i get my headaches i feel like i am bleeding in my brain too its like a warm feeling mine mostly happens on the left side of my head, my doc said that i have migraine headaches and i take a med that
seemed like they were helping the headaches but i still get them every now and then. hey if you ever wanna chat with someone who has simular problems drop me a line. hang in there.
i am gong through the same thing now and i am currently seeing a therapist on a weekly basis where i was introduced to something call the emotional freedom technique or EFT. check out this website works for me i love it emofree.com i've been to the er 7 times in the last few months and they cant find anything wrong with me....since i've been working on this freedom technique i have more normal day than days full of anxiety and fear!
I have this exact same feeling.. Im 16 years old and im pretty sure i have really bad anxeity but im not getting any treatment for it.  Sometimes I'll be laying their and it feels like something just moved inside my head, or just a little bit of pressure is on it, kind of by my temple or above it. Sometimes below my ear. Its very scary because then you start thinking about it and it gets worse. I have the fear of having a brain anyruism too, or maybe a stroke.  Whenver im with my family or friends and am having a good time it doesnt happen really.  Thats why i think its all just anxeity. I have other symptoms too. My parents should be taking me to the doctor soon.
I too have many of the symptoms you are all talking about. I have had many symptoms, none have turned out to be anything more than anxiety except after a 16 hour car trip i have a ringing noise in my right ear that just wont go away and my car trip was may 09. Its not as loud as it used to be, thank god i can only hear it in complete silence. The same time as getting this my ears also felt really full and pressure filled. This caused me to really freak out to the point of crying in the middle of the night. Ive never felt so alone while this was at its worst, i mean i had a noise with me 24/7. I had two choices, i could let it drive me crazy and continue to try and escape from this trapped ring that was in my ear...............or find a way to cope. I do alot of deep breathing, i try and tell myself that this ring in my ear is no different than my tummy having a rumble, and have just gotten use to it. I run every morning so that i am nice and tired of a night time. The calmer i am, the better the noise. For the past few weeks with the fans on all the time and the noise of living in the city i havn'y heard it. Other anxiety symptoms i have had and do still have ( they swap around all the time), are like theres a weight sitting on my head,and cold tingles that run up one side of my face and top of head.My neck gets stiff, i get migraines with severe vision impairment ( ive had them since i were 15), i see flashes of light and zig zag rainbows, and thats always the start of my migraines, then when my sight is back i get intense pain on one side of my face, head jaw and neck and have to lay down in a dark room for hours. My first ever anxiety symtom was like i was so blocked up with indigestion that i ended up in the er experiencing a panic/anxiety attack. I was so scared, i was crying so much between gasping. Anxiety can take over ones life, we have to grab hold and fight. These days im a mum of twins, im fit and healthy. The outside world would think my life is great, and it is when my anxiety is under control. Before i finish there are two more symptoms i had, one lasted 3 weeks it was a feeling as if my neck was tight and hot, that one scared me, but the worst was my tounge felt really big and swollen and that was the freakiest ( apart from the ear ringing). I am so much better since i bought a dog who i give lots of time too. I jog each morning 7 days a week, and i try to not think about dying all the time and just be positive. So many sad and negative things happen in life that we dont need to add to the list!! We torture our selves. I take each day as a blessing and try and just have fun, and slowly all my symptoms have no fuel so they have fizzeled out. Just say to yourself " f##k you Anxiety, i am in controll, not you", .....eventually it will get bored and move on...................trust me.
Can't believe how many people have the same problems! I hate it.
It sometimes feels like my head is going to explode any minute, so much pressure which make's my anxiety worse.
It's so frustrating.

x
I agree, its makes you wonder why though hey. Have people been suffering for years, or is this a condition that has been made worse by our environment these days with extra stress and expectations. And ive come to find that its happening to all different people, not just the ones that have extra time on their hands. I once thought i were on my own with it, but its actually a relief to know im not. Is it weight related?............ive had anxiety both at an overweight time in my life and still from time to time when im in a healthy weight range. I have noticed that i am much worse when i am around stress. Im hoping to eventually be able to not react with anxiety over such minor things, ex, (arguments with family members). I am determined to be able to go and book a plane ticket to visit family without having undescribable fear of losing it!...............cause whats the worse that can happen? a panic attack.............ill deal with it, and hey there is oxygen on board lol. Have a great weekend all, and thanks for listening.
I'm happy to read the responses. I had my first panic attack 3 days ago and I am still in a stupor right now because of it. I now know I can probably skip the mri that I wanted......because it seems everyone with anxiety is convinced for at least some part that it's something else.  That helps me a little bit with my own thoughts.
I think one main symptom of anxiety is worrying that whatever pain/feeling you're experiencing is caused by something else! I just cannot help but think it everytime.
My body is so sensitive to anxiety now that even little things bring on the symptoms. Like for instance earlier today my pet cat wouldn't stay inside the kitchen whilst i hoovered up cos' she hate's the hoover and has a panic attack of her own if she's near it or hears it and that made me stress out very quickly, and i got that horrible feeling throughtout your body (fight or flight?), my upper body felt weak, my stomach felt like it had butterflie's in it, felt lightheaded, got a headache and felt a bit breathless. I think my body just react's with adrenaline really unnecessarily most of the time, and it take's awhile for me to get over it.
I am seeing a councillor but even she told me when your body start's doing this as a reaction to stress it's so hard to train it not to do it anymore, it's so difficult. Basically i have a panic disorder which is really hard to treat.
I get alot of weird head sensation's whilst i'm trying to sleep, really unhelpful ofcourse.
Hi there, i just wanted to say that im glad you have found a site like this to show you that what you have is anxiety, not something life threatening like a tumor. I say this as a relief, i dont want you to go years being silent about this when it is very common and treatable. You can move on from this , some people do only have a handful of attacks of panic in their life time. if you feel yourself getting light headed or breathless just stop and remind yourself that your ok, take some slow deep breaths and most importantly "dont become afraid "- easier said than done i know, but if you can convince yourself that its just your anxiety and act as though its no big deal...........in time it will fade. I fully believe that the more you feed anxiety with the hours of worry, the bigger it will build and the more symptoms will pop up. Its taken me over 10 years to realise this.............and i'd love to help at least one person. Anxiety isn't an aweful taboo disease, its simply a symptom to how an individuals body can over-react to stress. If you walk out your back door and just miss treading on a deadly snake, then jump back inside where its safe, your heart would beat 1000 times a minute! you would sweat and pass out, and that would be ok.........an appropriate response. Well anxiety makes people like us sometimes react in that way to very simple things like walking into a lift, hopping on a plane, being stuck in traffic, even going out with some new friends. Anxiety can make us start seeing everything we do as that snake...........it all becomes a threat. You find a lump on your body that is most probably nothing, though to the anxious person we think fear straight away and spend the day thinking its cancer....................or you convince yourself you have a brain tumor, or you get a ache in your left arm and your convinced its a warning of a heart attack. Always remember that you are in control of your body and with the help of a good doctor and/or counciler you can beat this annoying anxiety. I will always believe knowledge is power, if you are worried about something, go straight to the doc let him clear it up, dont sit at home and let the fear and panic take over you. You have a great life to live so say "F### You Anxiety" ..........Dont ignore it, your worth so much more than that. cheers.
Very TRUE,i couldnt agreed less with what u have mentioned about anxiety.
Anxiety makes us feel inward focus instead of outward wat i meant is...24/7 we focused on wat we feel,checking our pulse,bodily symptoms..and guess wat? a little pain or lump,we think something is else is causing this,therefore we pump adrenaline to our system thus causing more symptoms.wat really happened is just that our nerves is really tired,because we try to fight our feelings,symptoms of anxiety 24/7 therefore it explained why people can suffer from anxiety for years because ur stuck in this vicious cycle.Accept and floating and let more times for ur symptoms to pass is the way to recovery.Think about this if fighting against ur feelings and symptoms works you will probably be cured by now.One thing i like to stress out is go for a full health checkup and if the doctors cant find anything wrong with you,then its more likely anxiety panic causing all those symptoms.Its fear that is our worst enemy,a gud example..u can see on all forums on different website..all topics starts with why do i feel like this,when will this stop,i cant handle this anymore..see for urself..its urself that trigger and sets off adrenaline into ur body..causing bodily sensations and a tired sensitive nerves dosent requires much adrenaline to give u a very bad symptoms.
I've been getting tension headaches a lot lately.  I also get weird feelings of pressure in my head and it's worst when i'm laying down, which makes me think i have a brain tumor or aneurysm or something in the back of my head.  I also get these little twinges of pain that come an go in about a second, and they're usually on the right side of my head above my ear.  I also get a little dizzy sometimes.  But seeing other people with the same symptoms who have had negative MRI and CAT scan results makes me feel a little better about all this.  I know it's probably nothing and i'm just overreacting by being afraid that my symptoms are coming from something really bad, and that just adds to it.  It's all in my head, literally and figuratively.  I've been having different anxiety symptoms since last fall, and i went to the doctor and had an EKG done and the results came back ok, but now i've been getting headaches instead of chest pain and heart palpitations, and all the anxiety came back because of this.  At least I hope that's what it is.  I HATE feeling this way and just want to feel good and normal again!!!
I first had a panic attack about 7 years ago, when i moved house away from family and friends, and it was scary as hell. I started gettin all the weird sensations in my head, like a lot of you have mentioned. It really scared me, and i too contemplated on what could be wrong, brain tumors etc. Sometimes i would just want to sit in my room on my own and cry, even though i had two young children to look after. After a while i went to see my doctor who was quite helpful, in explaining about anxiety. He put me on some tablets called propranolol, and after a few weeks i started to feel better. Over the years i have taught myself not to panic if i feel a bit weird, although it's never completley went away. But now i don't get anything anywhere near as bad as that, and i only take propranalol on the odd occasion. They are all inter-linked though, stress, anxiety and depression and it took me a while to get in control of it. Sometimes if i feel something coming on i take deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. It is scary, but over time, it does get better, you just need to try and occupy your mind on other things, and keep calm.
i'm happy to know that i'm not alone! yet i'm so frustrated i'm going to scream! t doesnt seem to want ot go away. i am having a panc attack as i type. hopeing im  gonna die before i finsh this.they have become overwhelming. they went from every blue moon to at least 3 a day! i just want it to go away! been having them for 11yrs now. i'm pretty sure they started from me becomng a mother. i also just had a second child whch i beleve has brought this severe attack on.i'm scared all the time i cant function how i want and they seem to be lasting longer.somebody please help!!!!
Please, please calm down! :)

If your panic attacks are getting worse i'd strongly suggest going to see a Doctor, do you take any medication for them? I'm seeing a councellor at the moment for my anxiety, maybe you should? Panic attacks are just beyond horrible, i know, i have them daily, mainly at night.
Do you have any pre-warning symptoms for when your panic attacks strike? Or do they come on suddenly?

x
What you are feeling sounds very typical of anxiety. Often worrying about symptoms can even make them worse. I have had many physical symptoms from my anxiety.
they usually come on suddenly. i'm not seeing anyone about them yet! but i plan to really soon.i try to be around or talk to someone when one comes on it helps distract my mind.i just do know what to do anymore and crying doesnt help. :)
Poor you! But yes i'd definitely suggest going to see someone about them very soon, either a Doctor or a concellor/Phycologist. (Can't spell either) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is very effective.

Thats what i do, when one comes on i try my best to distract myself, it does work, but it's very hard. The best thing to do is to take deep breaths and lay down.

x
Yo . Its a scary feeling I feel like my brain is bleeding I'm going to the doc. Inna few hours but ik I don't have internal bleeding I would have died a while ago from it I think Its deff. From the anxiety. It gets me so worried then I get myself all worked up and start to have an attack. I kno fer sure imma hypocondricate I worrie about every little thing but yeah. So this is normal right?
G day im jonathon woods im 19 and atm  im in abit of troubel looking for  a hand
i recently  got cheated on by my  ex gf wich hurt me so i decided to eat healthy   workout each day etc  and ended up devolping this pain under my ribcage! in the lower left abdominals
my  dr said no to hernia and ceptic ulcer BUT  the other drs  as well said no but the bulge seems odd  
after abit of time i ended up dislocating my shoulder  then ended up at this dirty hospital where they injected morphne and madaslim into me  then shoving my arm back in...
came home had tea watched sienfield finished up some writing then  went to bed
3 am noticed last 2 fingers on both hands were numb  5 am  i woke up again with the whole room spinning and this numb patch on my scalp
after 3 days i had a tumble in my  kitchen with this confused feeling like when u lose alot of blood
i ended up seeing my  dr about it and he str8 away said  panic attack stress att ack and trauma   :/
he wouldnt let me do tests except blood wich showed i had some low vitimens and englarged blood cels
so here i am now on zoloft  feeling  like som1 kicked me in the side of the head :(
im curious have u had any conditions like this ? im freaking out ause he thinks im mad
btw sorry if this is messy im writing it on my phone
can someone help me plz ????????
Hi, Kathy, I am 59 yrs.Have various sensations in my head, Also from my butt cheeks, lol lol ,Yes , First I have pressure by my temples lots of pressure in my sinuses Popping  in my ears, ect. most of what people on here r talking about, I don't get many marigraines (LIKE PAIN HEADACHES),  I have had 5 in my yrs.  I get what they call silent maragrines, you get a bright jagget lines  that I can ownly see half of someone and get sick to my tummy,Pressure on your optical nerve as the doc has told me , Some days r worst then others. Then there r months it will go away, I am possitive it is ang/depression ( ringing in my ears) can mean something (Go to the doctor) High blood pressure, Virtigo. Getting back to my butt lol ,If I scrath my butt ,I can feel a sensation in my head weird ha!!! LOL.  I have been stress out  latley,Went to bed last night, layed their watching tv, few sharp pains in the right side of my head , I was in a slight sleep when all of a sudden what sounded like a truck driving by my left ear, Then I felt this weird kinda nice sensation in by my rib cage to my ear , It also felt like I could't wake , Scary I woke up and told myself this is stress related and had a good sleep. Years ago I use to go to sleep  dreaming of , Tryed to wake up and could'nt , of course I did , thought about my dream and figured this is stress related dream. Weirds  feeling to dream and can't wake knowing you u r dreaming this.Has anyone out there have this? I know this is all caused by stress. They say stress is the # one cause of death , so the soone rwe realize this is stess then your symptom s well subside  Mind do , Wish you all the best everyone.
I read all these post and im here to tell everyone not to lose hope, ive delt with this crap for years off and on, these past two months i was hit agian having all kinds of symptoms numbness ear problems etc. Went to the doctor believing the worst was wrong i would get diagnosed and still no relief from my so called pysical ailments. I finally demanded xanax i told myself if all these crazy symptoms cease when i take this drug then anxiety is the problem.i also made a commitment that my use of xanax would be limited till i got control of this and could think clearly. Low and behold the symptoms ceased so then i began to realize that i was my own worst enemy and that i can beat this ive done it before so in closing keep ur head up and kick anxiety in the ***.. it starts with hope.
yes so i understant how it feels all the sudden i see something on tv and then i think its happenning to me. like one time this women said she scratches the itch in her brain. then i became paranoid thinkniing about my brain and giving myself anxiety but to know other people understand what im goin through is a relief.
I had a pretty bad panic attack a year ago and developed a serious fear of dying and illness. I went through all sorts of stages, believing I had lung disease (my mind tricked me into thinking I couldn't breathe properly), heart disease (for days on end I would literally listen to every heart beat thinking it would stop any second), brain tumour (again I tricked myself into thinking I was dizzy and the skin on my scalp was always tight and tingly). Then I developed very real symptoms and sensations in my brain like many that have already been mentioned here; pressure, popping and clicking sounds, burning, dizziness, cold/hot patches, shooting pains etc. It was incredibly hard to deal with, putting on a brave face at work and at home trying to support my wife and 2 year old daughter while inside my head it was an absolute mess, I felt like I couldn't escape it no matter  what I tried and no matter who I talked to. One of the best things I have learned through this is that it is not a mental illness or disease that recquires drugs (in some cases it might) a chemical imbalance or lack of serotonin on the brain is not the cause these debilitating bahaviours and thoughts. I know its incredibly hard to overcome but it all about how you percieve certain things that happen to you in your life. About 3 months after I had my panic attack Jesus Christ offered me a way out of this personal hell and I took it. He has helped me overcome my anxiety and negative way of thinking, He has helped me overcome my fear of death and illness. I have learned to completely trust Him and have realised that my future is in His hands. He can help you, I promise. Just ask Him to come into your life and make Himself real to you. I will leave you with a some words from the mouth of God Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope".
Sorry to hear of the horrible comments i to have anxiety i got it 3 weeks after my mom passed bcuz of anerism i get worried all the time anxiety ***** i just turned 17 an all ready it ruined my life not being able to sleep at all not being able to have a calming drink or anything if anyone is availible to talk please letme know
i suffer from axiety iv had it for about 5 years i just turned 19 i often get this pressure feeling in the top of my head and it makes my eyes feel weird and im constanly dizzy and sometimes i feel like i cant hear out of one of my ears and it feels numb its mostly in my head the weird pains but its so bad that a sore throat can trigger a panic atack i saw a good friend of mine have a seizure and it scared the crap out of me so now im really paraoid that i might have one due to my weird head feeling ! its really scary
My head has hurt for like a couple weeks now. It will hurt on and off throughout the day. I feel like each day I am getting worse. I feel weak, dizzy and I just feel like I have a brain tumor because when I look at the symptoms I have some of them. I am also like when things happen I think I have dreamed them before or that last night. It's scaring me big time!! Anybody had this problem??
How did your MRI go?
i feel like i can completly relate to ever single one of yall anxiety is such an uncomftorble thing to live with I just want to go back to normal!!!!!
I am over 55 and live alone.  I get these feelings in my head that feel like my brain is trying to go to sleep in different areas at different times.  It feels scary and I didn't sleep any last night.  I am wondering if anyone gets this way?  I think about it may be a tumor or a brain aneresum something like that.  I suffer alot of worry and stress living alone on a small income and only have one son, daughter-in-law, and grandson who live in another state and hardly ever keep in touch.  My son works a  high demanding job area manager and is gone alot to different states and my daughter-in-law doesn' t ever call me. My grandson doesn't answer his phone ever is 14 almost 15 years of age.  I wish I could buy him things but just on a small income.  I also would like him to come stay  with mawmaw but my sleep schedule is really off.  I have tried mental health and nothing seems to help me sleep.  I am a walking pharmacy here people.  I have been asked to hold a group about medications and how they work.  Aging process is not too much fun.  Needing a foot surgery three hammertoes and a bunion.  I have no-one to help me when I get this surgery. Any suggestions?  Also, I am thinking about getting back on klonopin which helps my anxiety take it 3 times per day. It is so addictive though and was so hard to get off of.  I have been off of it since November 2012.  I guess what helps don't hurt.  I suffer fibromayalgia and degenerative disc disease.  Thanks for being out there. Any comments or welcomed.
Answer these questions: do you know what the chemical composition of your pharmaceuticals is, and do you know what these chemical compositions mean to your body? I can tell you that modern pharmaceuticals often cause more problems than solutions for your body! These pharmaceuticals can make you more sick and have more pain than your body should have. If you were my patient, although I am not a doctor, I would give you a hug and say "I can help you get healthy: here's some Cellect, some PHresh, some Maharishi Ayurveda blessed minerals and roots, some MSM (an organosulfur compound, please google it), some MMS (a catalyst that aids in your body's ability to absorb minerals in ordinary food, please google this also if you would), a book by Henry David Thoreau, another book called 'How to Meditate,' one more book maybe on how to garden, and a random four Alan Watts videos on YouTube for you to view. I would ask that you also pray to God honestly/sincerely, with your heart, for your safety of health and well-being and God will answer you in your soul and outwardly also if you wish. Also, if you develop some sort of network with neighbors or a government service or a humanitarian group that can visit you, then that might really help you many ways as well. I don't know where you live, but if I will do research and give you phone numbers if you respond on this forum.
Anxiety is generally caused by something dehydration thyroid problems neurological and many other things weird head feelings aren't normal go to a doc and have a full panel of blood tests done and keep a close eye on anything that seems strange Anxiety can make you feel awful but it should pass if your head feels strange all the time that's when you should be concerned
OmG...I can't believe that I have finally found others going through this!

I recently stopped taking Alprrazalam for anxiety and went through bad withdral.
Since then I have been having weird sensations all over my body.

The  latest is a burning sensation from my neck down my back and shaking..

I hate it, I just want to feel normal again :(
I have anxiety about ANYTHING negative! health issues to serial killers trying to kill me. I sleep with one eye open, getting up some nights to watch the video cameras, any sound and I am up. I usually can go back to sleep. I have anxiety about so many things, usally I can laugh it off and go on, but sometimes it really throws me into a full on panic attack, and there is NO coming out of it, on my own. I have had to go to the ER so any times, thinking I was just about to die! From heart attacks to a blood clot going to my brain. I use to like to watch Dr. G. The medical examiner, But started to think what ever the person died of, that she was examining, was happening to me.
It is very hard for me to be honest with my Dr. About my issues. I feel so ashamed! So, getting treatment has been difficult. My husband when with me on my last physical and put me on blast! He told him all my craziness, oh hell, I was so ashamed! Anyway, I got zanx. A small does, but yesterday I was in a panic attack and it worked!!
I can't even think to take Paxil or the other drugs like that, because the warnings say could cause heart attack and stroke. So ummm, yeah.....
No! I would be crazy with thinking I was having a heart attack and a stroke!

I am so happy that I am not alone on this Journey. I had an accident 4 months ago. I did not loose consciousness as a matter of fact I was discharged from the hospital that same day. Then I started having head aches. I went for CT scans, MRI and even chest xrays and everything came clean. I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety and of late I have been experiencing head spasms. I am always scared to sleep at night and I am so sensitive to EVERY little feeling internally. I always want to run to the ER for every little thing. Can anxiety be the root cause of these head spasms?
My mom passed away in 1995 from a neck aneurysm.  It wasn't until a few years ago that I started to get worried about that happening to me especially while I was driving or by myself.  At first I didn't know it was anxiety that I was feeling with the fear of something happen or me dying.  It was about a year later that I found out it was anxiety.  I've tried a few different medications that I have had bad side affects with (one medication even intensified the anxiety feeling which was beyond scary).  The only medication that I found works for me is Alprazolam.  I am on the lowest dosage and even cut the pill in half to give me an even lower dosage.  The half pill usually works, but there are occasions when my anxiety is really bad that I need to take a whole pill.  I try not to take it unless I really have too as I don't want to become too dependent on it.  Everytime I have a pain or something that doesn't feel right  in my head or neck, the anxiety kicks in.  I get weird "fluid moving" feelings in my head.  Also, I get scared because I always think something bad is happening as I just can't imagine that anxiety would make me have all these things happening.  It's not until the anxiety passes that I know it was the anxiety.  What doesn't help is that I know that with an aneurysm it can happen without any warning and there's no time to get help which scares me especially after what happened with my mom.  
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Jade59 commented on photo