Anxiety Community
Does anyone take Klonopin and xanax

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Does anyone take Klonopin and xanax

I was on xanax and went to the ER the other day for a bad panic attack and they switched me to Klonopin. I just started taking zoloft and have major anxiety from it. I don't feel like the klonopin is working and want to go back to the xanax which is what my DR prescribed. Do I have to wait any about of time before going back to the xanax from the klonopin? I  took my last dose at 530 tonight. I just heard that klonopin stays in your system longer and don't want the two to interact. Thanks
my mom takes both so dont think it will hurt you to stop klonopin, but to me the klonopin is the best if you take it 2-3 times a day it has to get in your blood and reach a state where its in there 24/7 its really a great drug and lots better than xanax which is a short term drung klonopin is made for long term.  maybe you should try a few weeks thats how long klonopin takes to feel the difference.
exactly. the klonopin builds up n u cantake that as a anxiety med to prevent the pancik attacks n the xanax as absolutely needed. n if u were on xanax for a long period of time and on a high dose make sure ur dr knows u changed so he can give u the right dose of klonopin so u dont experience any withdrawl (withdrawal). i switched also from 2mg xanax 3 xs daily n ativan to just klonopin
I'm on klonopin with ativan as needed.  I used to take just ativan as needed but as life got more stressful and my tolerance built up I found I was taking what I felt to be way too much ativan (2-3 mg / day).  Right now I take .5 mg klonopin 2x/day and and .5 mg (or 1 mg) ativan as needed, which is once every 1-2 weeks.  

Now, I have a prescription for effexor (that I am not interested in taking, no SSRI's have worked for me, including effexor in the past) and my doctor said that during the first few weeks of taking the effexor I might need to take more ativan than normal (possibly every day) to stave off the anxiety that comes from starting effexor.  

Switching to klonopin has been good for me, but the truth is (in my opinion) it keeps my anxiety levels pretty low, almost always keeping panic from setting it.  But it doesn't feel as effective as ativan in keeping the totally dreadful panic away.  That's why I need to take the ativan occasionally. There's just some stuff klonopin can't do for me.
Amish is on the same regimine a lot of anxiety sufferers that can't tolerate ssri's are on.

My advice is, if you can fight through the first 2 or 3 weeks of being on an ssri you will be thankful down the road because you won't be on the Benzo rollercoaster.   But Klonopin seems to prevent the rollercoaster too, it's just tough to get off of it if you have been on if for a long time.
My Dr just prescribed me generic Zanax Alprolazom. I get Panic attacks and have Anxiety everyday,especially at night.
I havnt tried taking the pill yet Im too scared! How does it make you feel? especially the first time? Can it make my anxiety worse? my DR wants me to try for a week as needed.
LRyerson commented on A very inspiring colu...
melimeli commented on renae176's status
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms