Does the Lucinda Bassett program work?
I stumbled across a few posts referencing the Lucinda Bassett program (Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety).  Browsing the net, I was skeptical as to the validity of the reviews for the program.  I was wondering if any of you have tried the program.  For those of you who have, how would you rate the program and were the results significant and sustained?
This program WORKS! I am bi-polar , manic depressive and I have extreme anxiety. I went from job to job to job to job. Never happy, always complaining, moody and anti-social. I am off all bi-polar medicines and have been for almost 4years. The new people I meet don't even know I am bi-polar and my family says being diagnosed  bi-polar was a wrong diagnosis!! It all changed for me taking those Good Days! I have a real career now and not just a job. I have so many friends and actually leave the house. I am on boards and everything. No, I am not cured. I still have some anxiety and depression,but no where near as bad and so less often. My mood is also very stable and I am always optimistic. I have NEVER been optimistic! Thank you Lucinda Bassett for making a natural product that changed my life!!
I actually used the program before. My mom basically threw it on my bed and said "I'm done after this". I tried it, and even though the information wasn't the best I could get, it was the best for me at that time. I was in severe denial about how or if I was getting abused and having major depression and severe anxiety on top of that was not what I needed. So when your mom tells you that she should have had you aborted blah blah blah, you can imagine how scared I was when I KNEW that I had to move out.
But I did, and I have most of that strength because of tools from the program and my now husband. Without it I know I would have been dead. But here I am. 23, happily married for 3 years and now focusing on trying for a child.  I have the program if you would like to buy it. I know its expensive but if you would like, I would sell it for 150. I unfortunately don't think the program is cheap enough. So I believe that is really the only catch especially if you have depression/anxiety. Email me @ ***@**** if you have anymore personal questions about it. I just don't want to write a book on here. :-) Good luck.
I found the program to be very helpful in relieving my anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia. With that said, I think learning that I wasn't alone in this arena, learning meditation and visualization and getting off all the medications that I'd tried was a big factor in my recovery.

My belief is that a combination of cognitive therapy, support group, meditation and yoga were all a part of the process of regaining myself.
With that said, meditation and visualization are like any other physical exercise. To reap benefits, you must practice the "exercises" regularly. It takes a bit of time for most people to be able to do this. It is not a magic bullet or cure all but really teaches you the coping skills to manage anxiety and panic attacks. It's been 14 years since my last full blown panic attack. Not to say I don't have moments of anxiety but I know now how to effectively deal with it and cut it off before it gets out of control.

Most importantly, everyone should be checked out medically to be sure there isn't a physical cause of the symptoms such as thyroid imbalance and other things before assuming it's just nerves. Once you feel comfortable with that learn how to find  your "happy place" to get you back on track. Life is way too short to live it in a state of perpetual anxiety.
Anxiety and depression is definitely a daily struggle, it takes more then one type of approach, as it takes a toll on us mentally, emotionally and physically. Best way to deal is one day at a time. I  added the lucinda bassett program into my routine about 2 yrs ago and i think its worth it. I have been trying to couple it with with a healthier lifestyle thru excercise to burn the stress and anxiety, eating healthier, Self improvement through meditation and yoga are all vital in healing process. Some days easier then others, its debilitating especially when u constantly feel u are being tried by people, life, regrets, demons...etc etc.! For me its a genetic condition, mom and sis struggle. my anxiety extended from growing up in a negative environment. No one has a perfect life, it isnt usually everything we hoped it would bee! nevertheless, we can change it, doesnt matter who u are. The lucinda bassett program teaches you how to reform your thought process but not by way of hypnosis, through discussions and excercises it helps you rebuild a positive outlook and thought process so that you no longer  beat  yourself down everyday. It gives you the tools to overcome certain fears related to anxiety. Basically the Power of positive thinking, there is a little more to it But you have to be committed to the journey and making the improvement like it was mentioned above it needs to be done by you. U need to decide that you are done with the turmoil,  this condition will not continue to controll your life. Decide that you want to be happy, know that you can change simply because you want to and Commit yourself to nothing but dreaming up the life you want, who and what you want to be and reinvent yourself. Because thats what all about, no one said it would be easy, the steuggle is meant to make us stronger. Sounds cliche but the mind is a powerful thing!. Definitely helps to talk with others, everyone here, is here to help! God bless
Hi, folks, I found this forum after watching Lucinda Bassett's commercial on TV recently. I'm surprised to learn that her program costs $500 or more. Geez....I have been suffering from anxiety and depression since for some time. I have been on and off Zoloft for five years. I find that Zoloft helps me a little, yet I still have an anxiety attack or I go into a depression phase from time to time. But here's what helped me get through those tough times....it saved my depressive friend's life (he was going to kill himself). Repeat this to yourself, copy this to a piece of paper and post it on your wall so you look at it and remember whenever you're in a blue mood or feeling jittery: You are not your thoughts. You are not your fears. You are not your worries. You are not your past personal issues. Whatever negatives that you have, let them go. Observe them like clouds in the sky, let them pass. Be the earth, think of life that you give to the trees, the water that nurture the grass, the plants and the creatures on the surface. All the squiggly worms that crawl under the ground, venomous snakes that slide around on the grass and ugly bugs (potato bugs especially) will be bird food. That is part of nature. You have nothing to fear. You are going to turn out fine, I know. Turn around and let the sun shine on your face. :D

God bless y'all.
If you go by the people who responded yoyou'll see that thoughs who have tried it found it helped and they who have not tried it just guess what it's all about. Figuring price and why he can't find it. Well I'm in my forties and have had anxiety and panic attacks so bad I had physical pain, dizziness, panic attacks anywhere from 5-10 times a day. I was just waiting to die. It's what I thought. It's helped me completely. It does take 8 weeks to co.pletebut it's worth every penny. This is for whoever cones to this web site after me.
Let me tell you..this program changed my life. I started having panic attacks when i was 18 and i am now 34. At first i didnt know what the hell was happening to me. I thought i was going to die or lose my mind. Doctors ran tests after tests and eventually i just gave up..couldnt drive..couldnt go to stores or anything. I was slowly fading away and was forced to move back in with my mother who thought i was crazy along with everyone else. I was laying in the bed pne night with my mom because uh yea i could no longer sleep alone either. An infomercial came on and in my sleep i kept hearing these symptoms that i had..so i opened my eyes and woke up my mother. I said, mom this is it! This is what i am goubg through! At this point she was so worried that she was willing to do anything. My bday was a few days away and she offered to get this as my gift. I checked the mail everyday anticipating its arrival. I got it..opened it..it was so easy to follow. Videos to looj at..cassettes to listen to..literature to read was all i had to do. It was so easy. Literally, in a week, i was drivibg again..hanging with my friends..going to stores ALONE! I was so grateful and felt so blessed that God woke me up that night. It completely changed my life.. i didnt even finish everything in the program andmypanic attacks vanished...now years later i am still free from the monsters that haunted me for ayear straight. I highly recommend this. Im not going to say that you will never have anxiety again. Anxiety is a normal part of living. Its gonna happen..no one is anxiety free..especially with the way this world is now..but if you want your life back do it today! Dont let a few negative comment detoyr you from a healthy and wonderful life. I am married now with two children and a step daughter and i couldnt b happier. I am my city's top hair stylist..life is great and whomever is responsible for creating this life changing system deserves all of the blessings and love that their hearts can hold. My sister n law suffers from panic attacks and i look forward to giving her this as a gift..i know that it will bring us closer and change her life as well. Im sorry that this post was so long but this is the first time that i was able to share this life changing experience with people who share the same disorder...try it with your heart and soul and know that it will work! God bless you all and i will keep you all in my prayers! Good luck!
Please do you honestly think that these people have not tried telling themselves all of this. That doesnt work...it takes alot more than that. Giving yourself a pep talk is not gonna cut it. May have worked for you but thts maybr 1 n 5.  Tge program teaches yiy to strengthen your mind your mind..physically and mentally..its worth the money. When i purchased it it was over ten years ago so it was a little cheaper but they break the payments up. And remember any price us negotiable..some money is better than no money.
I love Lucinda, she has helped me a lot. Her program has really changed me. I thank God for this program. Now, the money aspect, That is a bit expensive but with a Google search anything is possible. I don't think everyone is evil and out to get us.
Check with your local social service program to see if there are support groups for military spouses.  If you have a VA office nearby, you should also check to see what services they might know of that could help you.  Do not let your husband talk you out of getting help for yourself.  Sometimes spouses can minimize things and it can have devastating affects.  You have a child now and that will make your stress worse if you don't get help for it.  There is no reason to have to live with panic, stress and worry.  There is help available.  Try support groups and VA services first.  If that doesn't work, then check with the VA to get resources for local behavioral health services in your state.  Also see what kind of mental health care your health insurance has available, as there should be some if it is military coverage.  Good luck!  
I can tell you that it did help me.  I went through this program a little more than 10 years ago and it was critically important in helping me to overcome my moderate to high anxiety.  It really did help to change my life.  I did also see a counselor which helped with other issues I had but didn't really do much for the anxiety.  Meds had no impact or made things worse.  Before you go on meds, try this program or go see a counselor.  
This program worked for me and others ( I'm a psychologist). My husband found it in a commercial and thought he was nuts-- to use something from a commercial (I never do) but I tried it. Yes, I am sure he, (Lucinda) makes plenty on this, but that's an ad hominen. She could make money and it could work.

The program takes the principles of cognitive therapy and packages them in course format. It worked for me kn a major way. No it didn't work for me. I worked it. As others pointed out no therapy works in general. All research has found the same thing in experiments where treated and nontreated people. 1/3 of the people get better. 1/3 bet worse and 1/3 stay the same. No program , except for, perhaps certain brainwashing techniques works unless
  - a person believes that it will work, commits to doing it, spends time (sometimes A LOT, suspends disbelief and wants to change attitudes and belief.

This program and others like is CAN work. Desperation is a good motivator what alcoholics anonymous calls hitting bottom. A support group helps. An off-site say, once a week can help.

It's no magic pill, but it can work.

It's easy to call something  a scam. My advice, (I do realize nobody asked for it :-), is if you have problems give it a real try. There's a 30 day money back guarantee ( I had intended to return it, myself) so it doesn't cost anything to try.

My 2 cents )or is it 2 dollars these days. Inflation you know.
I used the Lucinda Basset 15-week program that I checked out from the library!  I kept renewing it.  I faithfully listened over and over again to the tapes each week  and did all the workbook exercises.  Afterwards, I was totally able to control my panic and anxiety.  I have not had another big attack because I know how to stop it.  My therapist said that she was about to admit me to a mental institution when I started the program, so she didn't have to.  I have recommended it to many people since then.  I recommend the program, not the books alone.  I had to LISTEN, not read, how to learn the techniques.
I didn't have time to read many of these posts but enough to see that some people call the program a scam.  Obviously no method works for everyone, but that doesn't make it a scam.  I suffered from mild to moderate depression from the time I was a teenager, if not earlier - though I didn't understand what it was.  I was finally diagnosed with clinical depression about 15 years ago and began taking meds for it.  Meanwhile I had been in therapy on and off for many of my teen years and adult years.  I can only guess that I (or insurance) paid thousands and thousands of dollars for meds and various therapists with no significant improvement.  About 7 years ago I decided to wean myself off of the antidepressants because I felt they changed me as a person.  I soon became so depressed that I wanted to die, but I didn't want to go back on them.  (NOTE:  I do NOT recommend discontinuing your meds!)  But I was very lucky and discovered Lucinda Bassett's program and ordered it out of desperation.  They made a payment plan for me that I could afford.  Much to my amazement the program began to help almost immediately.  After a short time of listening to the CD's, my life began to change.  I used the program for about 6-8 months and have not dealt with depression since.  I still have the program and have debated about selling it online but I worry that I may need it again someday.  In any case, the program cost me far less than what I paid for years of medication and therapy.  Perhaps I should call THOSE methods scams.  I don't care what people say.  It worked for me and I'll always be grateful.
I ordered the program for a loved one.  Since I didn't use it myself I can't say if I think it's a good program or not.  Truly, we were at a point where I would have paid large sums of money to help this person, so if it's been helpful (and I can't really say yet), it was worth the money.

What I am very upset about is the disingenuous "free" vitamin supplements that came with the program.  I wasn't interested in them, but since they said it was free, I just tossed them.  Then I saw some "lab" bills on my credit card statement.  At first, since I have a child with a chronic illness who frequently has lab work, I didn't really look at it closely.  Then, when another box (which still said "free" by the way) came in the mail, I called to tell them that I do NOT want these.   They'd charged me over $87 for something that they touted as "free".  I offered to fax them a copy of the packing list that came with the supplements that said "free trial" and they said, "No, you don't need to do that.  We know it says free, but it's not really free."

When I asked to talk with the corporate office to complain, they said that that would be impossible.  They claimed that they don't even have a phone number, that they can only contact them via email.

There's a reason this company scores a D- with the Better Business Bureau.
I believe it is worth a try. my husband is a Iraqi veteran and his anxiety has gotten worse in the past year, he doesn't want to be dependent on medications but programs that help with lifestyle changes and anxiety attacks we've tried and gotten consultations for are thousands of dollars for weeks to a month of treatment. that was something that insurance wouldn't cover and they wanted in full before treatments. Believe me, as much as we've been through and been asked to pay, $400 is a huge deal because mental help facilities are not anywhere close to that cheap. It sounds like a lot but its really not. Everything works differently for every person. Just because it doesnt work for some doesnt mean its a scam.
I agree with you kbg07.  I have been suffering with panic attacks since my late teens.  Since my father died 12 years ago, they've increased and were crippling for awhile.  Now, I suffer with a mild form of agoraphobia.  I'm able to leave my house, but I'm afraid to travel too far from home and would to travel so badly.  I feel like I can't leave a certain mile radius I called my geographical safety or comfort zone.  After years of therapy, partial hospitalization, drinking, medication and just plain old discouragement and depression, I feel like I have nothing to lose in paying for this program.  I need something to help me b/c therapy, psychiatrist and medication have sent me one step forward and 5 steps backwards.  I am so tired of being afraid to travel and being afraid of large social scenes that I am willing to try this programs.  When your life has been so negatively impacted by panic attacks and anxiety disorders and agoraphobia, you are willing to try anything and I pray to God that this program does help me.
People aren't calling the program a scam because of its effectiveness.  People aren't saying that $500.00 is too much for a cure.  What people are saying is that they are promised a free CD and they get a hard sell and asked for a credit card number.  If they give a credit card number, they get charged for the program that they haven't ordered and have a hard time returning it.  That's the scam.  It's about targeting a group of people with low self esteem who think of themselves as victims and victimizing them ... victimizing the people that need help and come for help.  Legitimate products need to be sold in legitimate ways.  The ends don't justify the means.
Have you all noticed that those who say the program is great are usually long replies, and sound like they were by professional writers, and in my opinion, they are from the program sellers. You don't need all this crap. Just get in a room like your bedroom, lie down and turn down the lights and relax with heavy breathing techniques and then put everything out of your mind and say to yourself over and over something like this: "I am not afraid of anything or anybody." Do this 50 times.
Then two days later, repeat this exercise. Do not let anything interupt you as you continue to say those words and listen to them as you say them. You will find your anxiety problems leaving. After that, every week or so at night before you go to sleep, do the same thing. Repeat that phrase for about three minutes over and over again. It will work and it cost you nothing. You have trained your brain to heal itself; it is that simple. If it takes longer to get relief, spend more time telling your subconcious mind that you are not afraid of anything or anybody. It works!
I tried this program and found it to be helpful about 20 years ago...I am looking to get a glimse of the program again...I want my life to be settled and I know if I take time to think about the techniques in this program I will be able to come to grips with all of the negative thoughts I have...It is structured and giving the repetition of the way to handle lifes adversities based on whats real, not on how I was taught. If I learn to redirect and find continuous support in what right now is overwhelming me, I know will turn around to make life a lot more enjoyable...thanks Lucinda I am ready for the life I always wanted...
very useful information...you seem to have a very good library of information and I think a lot of people could really learn a lot by what you are saying...thanks for the input it helped me decide to get this and I believe it will be just what Ive been looking for to help get me in a good direction where I go after that is up to me...
I see a lot of put downs for a great program here. The Attacking anxiety and Depression program does in fact work IF you use it. Most people like a quick fix and if that is you then it will NOT work. It's that simple. The high cost is another thing I see complaints about. Think of it this way. How much is your mental health worth or having your life back worth??? Cognitive behavioral therapy is how this program works. Read up on what that is. It actually works if you use the program as it is put together. The free CD will not fix you. THE program can help but you will fix you the program will guide you so let it. It is a self help program. you will help your self in the comfort of your own home.
I totally agree with you. I was in a similar situation as you, and I feel the program saved my life.  I followed it, step by step, CDs, workbook, everything.  I now feel 100% better. If I ever feel the anxiety coming on, I now know how to handle it and make it go away, right away.  This program was a Godsend to me!
I hope I can put some of the negative comments about Lucinda and her program to rest.  Hopefully I can make this short and sweet...I may not be able to ;)
In the early 90's, I like to call it my Peak at anxiety/depression  it took me years to get there and it finally came to a head!  I couldn't leave my house, I had attacks most of the day...I was in living hell.  I started with a therapist..psychologist...did the whole medical thing... .wasn't going very far.  Was on meds....Saw Lucinda's info-mmercial on tv and cried and said to myself "I'm not alone!"  I had the tapes sent fedex.  I was on 20 mil. of Valium when I started.
I read some of the post where people were commenting that you do the work...well duh...YES YOU DO THE WORK...it's a mental disability!!  
But I am here to tell you if it wasn't for her program I would never be where I am today!  She gave me the tools, the knowledge that I needed to educate myself and be whole again!!  It works!!  My doctor at the time listened to the 1st three tapes when i told her I quit therapy...she now refers her patience to the program and would have some of them call me to talk about my experience.  She said that most patients take years and years to get through this....I got through it in 9 months where I could at least function...it took a bit more of time to feel really whole again....Now it is 2013, I am whole and have been for many years.  Do I apply what I learned...probably...just so use to doing it that at times I don't realize I'm even doing it...but when I do have a set-back I know how to stop it immediately.  This program is amazing and will give you your life back.  The money for the tapes were a struggle...but at what cost would it have been for me if I didn't do it?  What is your state of mind worth to you.  How important is it to you to be able to walk out your door, drive, sit in the theater, go out to dinner, go to the market...I would pay triple of what I paid!!  I'm not sure what her program cost today....in 1990 they were close to $400.00...which was a lot back then for us....I was already spending $100.00 a week for therapy...I don't know what that cost today either...and because of her I NEVER WILL....It is an amazing program.
Well I got the program about 5 months ago and I still haven't finished it but I can say that it is helpful, it makes me feel better to know that someone has felt this and gotten past it. I haven't been able to drive since I got my first panic attack while driving. The program will help you if you put 100% in2 it. I can say that it hasn't gotten me out of my anxiety but atleast I know what I have now. Im not gonna say it will work for you bcus it may not but I know a lot of ppl that say it has helped them. After I finish the program I will let you know. Good luck! ps... I think you can look up some of her things on utube.
What are her credentials - I remember when she used to appear on an afternoon show with Christina Ferrera (another fake) and I believe she was either a cook or consumer advocate.  I would not trust spending my money on anything she endorses
Years ago when I was at the end of my rope (before Paxil) I saw her info mercial and was amazed how she used audio and visual elements that were designed to enhance the symptoms of anyone watching.  She used repetitive music/sounds and strange background noises knowing FULL WELLthat people suffering from  extreme anxiety and depression had episodes that were triggered by such media.
I have been suffering from severe Anxiety and Depression since 2 years ago. I used zoloft. It was after severe emotional stress that I had. I could not work, sleep, even sit still on a chair. I had racing thoughts and I wanted to run. Now, I am much better. I think the things which helped me were first the medication and then time. Time will heal it. The psychiatrist and psychologist were not helpful in my opinion. They were just good because they could provide medical certificates which I could get off from my work for a couple of months. Being away from work and spending my time with my loved ones was very helpful. I think for a person with anxiety, it will be difficult to change his/her mind. Because, the brain is stopped from working. The only thing that can help is just to provide a place in which he/she feels safe and calm. The worst thing about the depression and anxiety is that the person gets pessimistic about everyone/everything so having someone which you can completely trust and rely on is like a miracle. That is my own experience which worked for me well.
I never saw one of her commercials, but I heard her speaking once on the radio. I can say, she saved my life. I had severe anxiety , and after years of not being able to deal with it, only it getting worse, I developed depression. I went to a specialest who instead of finding out if there was a root cause wanted to throw a bunch of meds at me. I refused. Then one day while with my family ( whom I tried to hide as much as possible from the problem ) I heard her 1 mn. speach and memerized the phone number. I odrered the system the very next day and that was over 10 years ago. i have learned to deal with my anxiety, my depression is gone, Relaxation learning triggers and how to deal with the problems. Maybe it doesnt help for everyone, but for everyone that it does help we are blessed and happy to share the news. God Bless lucinda basset!
I used it and it did work, wonderfuly. the dr. only wanted to put me on meds, the specialest said I would only get worse if I didnt take the meds. guess what i am lovin life and doing great. my mom used it as well and guess what, it works! So what if she is making money from it????? she found a need and filled it, you do the math. I applaud her and wish her well. Anxiety is a theif and will rob you of your life, as well as depression. what works for some doesnt for others..I have learned to relax, breathe, enjoy. I take walks, i get busy. i dont over analize everything. do I still have anxiety, of courses we all do. But the difference is I have learned how to deal with it and with that knowledge comes power to over come. I also take vitimins, but that didnt come about till after i had gone through her course. Is it worth the money? Every penny. I would pay double for it because it works and gave me hope. that was over 10 years ago and my life is better now then it was then by a long shot!!
JSG....RIGHT ON!!! I so appreciate your comments regarding Lucinda Bassett. I'm not just saying that because I'm in the "helping" industry working with individuals, but because what you said regarding an individuals healing, change & transformation is done by THEIR own mind. I am simply the facilitator of their wonderful tool.....their mind.
Roger, I don't know if you will receive this message but I just saw your post and want you to know that you are in my prayers!  It is 2013 now (5 years since your post) but I hope you are well and learning how to cope with this dreaded depression!  Peace be with you!  - Jo
Of course it's a money thing, so is a psychiatrist and medicine and the car you drive. Don't let that dissuade you, it's great honest, factual information. Information, once applied is a powerful tool against anxiety. It's a good system of recovery and works if you put in the work as others have said.
It's a scam and the program doesn't work. She has a BS return policy and scam artists working for her. Don't buy it...shes getting rich by preying on the weak.
In the 80s I read an advertisement for a free seminar for anyone suffering from anxiety. I arrived to find a smallish room crammed with people, all eyeing the door. It turns out that it was one of Lucinda Bassett's first forays to expand beyond her home state of Ohio (this was in Louisville).

I went through the group meetings and came to know Lucinda, but more so her sister, Donna. They invited me to co-facillitate the upcoming six-week program, which I did, under the guidance of a licensed psychologist. It's important to remember that in those days, folks with all types of anxiety disorders were rather novel in that psychology had not dealt with this issue very frequently. I had personally been to any number of doctors, looking for either a physiological or psychological cure - to no avail. At one point I was put on Prozac and on the fifth day was eyeing a butcher knife, wondering how it would feel to run it down my arm (I was NOT suicidal up to this point.) A call to my psychiatrist returned, "Oh, you're just having another panic attack. Double the dose."  I would never have survived had my husband not thrown the bottle into the garbage. A year later, a patient of the same doctor who was on Prozac for depression took an automatic rifle to his workplace and killed or injured a dozen people.

A second physican prescribed the beginning of what turned out to be a 17-year nightmare of addiction to Ativan. (The manufacturer withheld notation of its addictive quality and thus became the focus of the largest class action lawsuit in Britain's history when it surfaced.) It is harder to kick than heroin and the only help doctors could give was to substitute it with another drug, equally addictive. Thus, I had to wean myself in micro-levels or risk possible deadly consequences. I am now completely drug free. Many people do not realize that once you begin benzodiazepines or some of the other class drugs, no private insurance company will cover you. They believe the cost of attempted suicides to be prohibitive, even if you are not suicidal.  It is a very misunderstood condition.

Sadly, Donna was diagnosed with lukemia shortly thereafter and passed away, leaving her daughter, whom, Lucinda told me in a phone conversation, she was helping to raise.

There were many in the groups who were vastly helped by the program. I had been suffering from panic attacks already for 20 years at that point. While the program definitely helped, it actually was being undermined by an abusive marriage I could not leave at that time - thus the program's efficacy was not fairly tested.  Lucinda developed her program based on her own formula for recovery - and I don't believe she ever represents anything to the contrary.

There have been thousands of people helped by the program, but it takes dedication and a desire to get better. Many of the comments I'm reading here indicate that these folks have a negative attitude and therefore likely could not benefit from its concepts. I do chide them by saying that it isn't fair to condemn something that works for so many, simply because it does not work for you.

The expense of Lucinda's program I believe is in part due to two things:  1) the original program was on cassette tape - about 20 cassettes - and the mere packaging was expensive. 2) As the program grew beyond what she could produce privately, she put fulfillment into the hands of a professional company and they likely added a healthy commission for themselves. They are professional marketers and their technique is hard sell and reluctance to take returns. This is typical - I just went through the same arrangement with the folks at Keronique.

Naturally many of the people who suffer from severe anxiety are unable to work and this cost is considerable for them. About four years ago I ordered the program again on DVD and have converted them to my iTunes so they can travel with me. I'm revisiting them now and find them exceedingly informative - her techniques having been refined by decades of successful clients. I can only underscore "decades" - and point out that obviously she is helping people or she would not have survived this long.

If you are sincere about introspection and the desire to change your attitude so that anxiety does not underscore your every thought - then this program will work for you.  If it works, then it is well, well worth the cost. What is getting your life back worth?
This thread is very old, if you have something to ask or share, it would be far better to start your own new thread, as the old ones get passed up by most readers/posters.

Thanks!

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=71
1 out of 10 people suffer from panic attacks. I had them from age 16 to 40. One night as I was suffering, I saw an infomercial about Lucinda's program and decided to spend the $300 to try the program. At first the tapes actually brought on more anxiety but over time, they were fantastic! It seriously changed my life! I have loaned out my tapes to over 50 people over the years and they have drastically helped everyone who has used them! From teens to older people, these tapes provide the means to learn how to flip the switch from panic to power!
Yes Yes Yes the programs works.   I couldn't leave home at all.  I was afraid of everything.  The doctor tried to put me on pills and when I asked " will this cure me or when I am off will the anxiety come back?" he said "if you get off the meds the symptoms will continue." I told myself heck no will I have a life where I am constantly on meds.  I was lost and didn't know what to do.  Thanks GOD I could not sleep and I saw Lucinda's commercial.  Right away I ordered I thought to myself "what do I have to lose" I received the package and I followed her every work and 14 weeks later I was CURED.  Now I have a wife and a 3 year old daughter and we do things all the time.  I have never met her in person but I seriously believe she SAVED MY LIFE.  People are going to get diff results with the programs but I just wanted to post the fact that if you are at the I have nothing to lose stage then go for it with an open mind and know THAT YOU CAN DO IT !!! have faith and everything will work out ONE LOVE
I ordered this.  I've decided to listen to the CDs several times first...I even play them in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.  In the car, on my computer while working...over and over and over.  It is helping because my thoughts are changing and I have talked myself down from several full blown, body on fire, claustrophobic, high energy anxiety attacks.  I have even begun to plan a new company.  I have added herbal supplements to the plan that deal with mood, anxiety and menopause to see if that will help.

With no insurance for doctors and meds this is my plan of attack and it is working.  She can be self promoting, but you can also tell from her stories that she has truly suffered herself and the interviews with others really bring home the content.  

Try some Anthony Robbins on Youtube and Lilly Gills You Unstuck.  I think personally rewriting the tapes takes time and self-inflicted obsession with getting the **** on with your life is necessary.  I am so over this anxiety ********...time to move on!
Lucinda Bassett sold her company to TransCap Corporation in 2008, so any attacks on how the website is designed or the pricing is unfounded.

No doubt she has some sort of deal to remain as a spokesperson for the product as it is identified with her, so she would be a key marketing aspect for it. Her own books as well are a tie-in to her past work.

Maybe you should do a little research before you criticize someone so blatantly on a public forum?
I have to disagree with you. Almost completely. I take vitamins and minerals and Vitamin D every single day. Are you saying anxiety is a deficiency? And lack of faith? Seriously?
I experienced many panic attacks and regular anxiety for several years over ten years ago. I tried many things. I want to get to the point quickly. Try these steps. These were the most helpful behavioral changes I made and they have helped me enormously. (And yes, my situation was very serious) #1  Breath. Whenever you feel that "wave" starting to build and come at you: Breath slow and deep for a count of 4 (or whatever count works with your breathing) on an in breath, then breath out for a count of 8. Do this for at least a minute or more. Then #2 speak kindly to yourself. Say things like. " It is OK. You know what this is. You will get through it. You always have. You are not having a heart attack, or going crazy."  Also, I created my own little mantra you are welcome to use....I am happy and healthy and whole and well. Repeat over and over when you feel on edge. #3 Tell everyone that matters that you may at times (not always convenient times) experience panic attacks or anxiety to the point where you may need to leave, or change what you are doing, or just seem a bit out of it. In my life, most everyone was awesome, and it opened doors for me to help others who often said " Oh my god, you do? I do too.". I found out a huge number of the people I know have experienced this at some point. #4 You are you not the "issue". Try not to own it. You do not "have" anxiety. You only experience it. Don't let it control you by making it a part of yourself. #5 Relaxation recordings really can help. I used to have a CD next to my bed for helping me go to sleep at night ( a time when stressful thoughts can take hold). There are now a lot of relaxation recordings on the internet for free. Try a few, see what works for you. #6 Let a panic attack wash over you at least once without fighting it. Just give in to it. Find out that it will not kill you or make you lose your mind. It can be scary and tiring, but the fear of it is where it's greatest power lies. Let the fear out of it like air out of a balloon.                                                                                                           I hope this helps. I have not had more than reasonable anxiety for the past 10 years, even though I have been through untold amounts of challenges. Even when my mother died, my dad had a stroke, my daughter became my son and my physical health suffered some huge setbacks, I still did not go back to that place of overwhelming anxiety.                                                   And, yes, after doctors and some meds (that only made things more complicated), I did use Lucinda's book and tapes, and visited a good therapist, and changed a lot of behaviors (like more care for and time for myself), and upped my walks, and changed my one cup of coffee to one cup of decaf. Try many things, and don't lose hope. Find a friend to talk to. Cry it out ( I had 44 years of held in tears to purge). Good luck.
Lucinda states up front and right away that you will never be cured.  How you missed that?  She said, too you will get your life back and you have.  Good for you!!  You did well!  Very well indeed.
Well, when you add up the cost of all the meds, visits to the doctor, lost work, etc, from anxiety and depression, you purchased a bargain solution.
The deal with stress and anxiety/depression is that it is a behavioral issue.  There is some heredity to this but how you respond or act to stress is behavioral.

If you are sold out to the modern medicine methods then you will stay in your anxiety.  A few posts ripped Lucinda here for wanting this to be about money.  Really?  I guess the medical field do what they do for free and not to make a profit.  

This program works, if you work it.  But that is true for any other endeavor we undertake.

If you go step by step through this program you see very shortly how it works, and works well.

Many of Lucinda's clients include top execs of many firms like Chrysler, McDonalds etc.  Those people would not go to MWC.

That is the whole concept of the program. To teach people the correct things to say to themselves when they don't know what to do. This program is well worth every penny if you can learn all about what you are going through and then change the reaction you have.
I have been doing Lucinda Bassett's program for one year.  IT works!!! I have been off of anxiety medication for almost 1 1/2 years and have not had any anxiety attacks.  I have been off and on medication for almost 30 years with many, many side effects from the medications.  After coming off one I would need to go back on something because within about 6-8 months would have a major attack.  Mine were so severe I could not do anything and basically laid in a curled up ball until medications kicked in. Even while on medication I would have mini attacks.  The program is worth it.  Anxiety meds are overall not good for your system and there is the monthly cost of buying them.  In addition they numb you.  Her program helps you to address where your anxiety is coming from.  It takes work and commitment.  If you want to be drug free and are willing to do the work you will see results.  If not stay with the drugs.  I feel that her program saved my life. I believe you can't bash the program until you have tried it.  If you are basing it on cost and an assumption you are speaking out of place.
I had the same experience with the program.  Changed my life.
I had severe panic attacks and disassociation 3 years ago.  I took the plunge and spend $400+ on Lucinda's program and it was a lifesaver for me.  It absolutely worked for me.  But I took it seriously and listened to the CD's every day for 3 months on my 30 minute commute to work.  It's all about what you put into it.  If you take the program seriously and put in the work, it can absolutely CURE you.  It did me.
This program is advertised here in Australia but universities are also running free programs.  I did one called The Mindspot Clinic (see google) it was on line and over the phone for about 8 weeks and I found it absolutely brilliant.  Well actually life changing.  
I take help from wherever I can get it. I was seeing a therapist along with my self-help efforts. I found this entire program--unused--at a thrift store for $6. I devoured it and it changed my life, or, rather, helped me change my life. My therapist had told me a few weeks earlier that my exbf was not driving me crazy, I was driving MYSELF crazy by the emotional responses I chose when he jerked my chain. This isn't a magic pill. It takes a lot of effort, but I conquered my emotions in about 3 months and that was almost 4 years ago and the rest of the time has been "maintenance"--kind of like losing weight. It is a lifelong struggle. A daily challenge. It would have been well worth full price, if I had it to pay. It won't work if you don't work it. It will change your life if you do.