Anxiety Community
Does this ever happen to anyone else? *death*

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

When I'm lying in bed at night I'll be thinking about random stuff and the thoughts will just keep going and going and going then DEATH will randomly pop into my head and I won't be even thinking of death. Then the thought "You're going to die someday, you'll never walk this earth again, it'll just be pure blackness like you never existed and that's it.. you're gone!" I get completely freaked out and usually I'll be able to snap out of it and calm myself down but the last time it happened I wasn't able to snap out of it right away, I jumped out of bed! This only happens at night.
Other times when I think about death and the fact that I'm going to die someday doesn't usually scare me as much as it does when it randomly pops into my head at night.

Does this ever happen to anyone else? or am I crazy? Should I get professional help?
I get this lately all the time. It's like something we can't imagine so it causes our anxiety to worsen.  I am also obsessed with figuring god out.   I get scared and fear hell.   It is anxiety disorder.  Try getting Ativan maybe. It might at least help you sleep.    
I believe God is real and heaven is real but there's always this thought in the back of my head "what if God isn't real.. Then what?"

It's annoying when this happens
I think the dr.  Might be able to give you something to help your thoughts.   I get this all the time.   It is getting slightly better with luvox.
Yes, I have had that same thing happen! I feel your pain, or anxiety with that one. I have found that talking to a counselor helps. They give you tips on not paying attention to that intrusive thought. I hope you feel better and know that you are not alone.
Thanks :)
Yes!! Thats exactly what happens to me.. especially at night while laying in bed. I always think the worst. My mind races at night. My doctor just put me on 10 mg of Doxepin to take at bedtime. I can take 1-2 each night as needed. I told her I didnt want a medication thats going knock me out to where I cant hear my children during the night and that I didnt want a hangover feeling or have difficulty waking in the morning like Trazadone does. She said Doxepin will actually give you a refreshed feeling when you wake in the morning and that when you take it before bed you will drift off to sleep and not be knockdd unconscious. lol. Im kinda excited to try it.
I wouldnt lean towards Ativan or any narcotic type medications.. you dont want something that could start an addiction. Very dangerous medications. Be very careful what you take. Like I said, my doctor just prescibed me Doxepin. Itll mellow you out and drift you off to sleep without becoming dependant on it. Higher doses are used for anxiety and depression. Please use caution when choosing medications. You dont want a benzodiazepine or any narcotic like medications. You can and will become very dependant. My grandmother had a stroke 3 yrs ago and also has dementia. She has sundowners syndrome. She had her days and nights completely mixed up. Her doctor 1st prescribed her Atavan. It was a low dose and make her comatose like. It was horrible. She would barely respond to us and couldnt walk. Even weaning her off was hell. She cried and cried and the poor woman had no idea why or what was going on with her. Then the doctor prescribed her Lorazepam and then Tamazapam. Both no good. They are highly dependant medications and very dangerous if not taken correctly. Please I cant stress it enough! Stay far away from any medications like those. Always research what the doctor is suggesting.. read reviews or ask questions on here about and if you dont like what you read, then dont take it! Ask for something else. Just looking out for you. Hope this helps.
mood disorder, shmood disorder
5 hrs ago by Take_my_hand
Mediterranean diets
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
Ruthy55 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms