Anxiety Community
Dr refuses to write adderall(adderrall) script anymore

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I have been prescribed adderall (adderrall) for about 14 yrs. Last yr i couldnt afford it anymore. I got Medicaid and saw a new dr and he wanted to start me off on a lower dose and gradually increase it. Ive been taking a lower dose for months now. Last month I felt like it wasn't working as well and occasionally took an extra half a pill on days i especially felt it wasnt working and bcause of that and not being able to get to the dr until a couple days after I would've been out I hadnt taken it for 5 days prior to my appointment, at which time I explained it hadnt been working as well and he increased it to my original dose. He asked me when I had taken it last, and being scared that he would think I was abusing it by taking more than I was supposed to, I lied and said I took one that morning. He said he wanted to give me a urine test and I admitted I lied since he'd find out I lied to him after the test. He called and said the test came back with no trace in my system, and he wouldnt write my script anymore. I explained that I already told him that I had been out but he said that wasnt until after I knew I had to take a test. I can see how it would look like I could be lying but Ive always taken it like I should. I know some ppl sell it or abuse it but I do not.Other tests Ive taken there have come back fine. Ive never tried to get it early or give them any other reason to believe that Im a liar or a drug abuser or drug seller. I need this medication, and I guess my question is, is there anything I can do legally or otherwise to get my medicine back? I'm afraid that even if I saw someone else, because he accused me of this, they won't believe me either. Can I demand they do a hair test, which it would show up on? he's making false accusations that will affect my ability to get a medication that I need for a condition that affects my ability to function in my daily life.esp job performance. Its not something that I feel i can accept because the medicine helps me dramatically.
No, there's nothing you can do, except maybe find another doctor to prescribe it for you, although that will be hard, being that a new doc is going to ask for your prior records.

Doctors have the right to stop Rx'ing any med at any time.  It's their license on the line, and their DEA number.  

Unfortunately, you handled this wrong, and while I understand you aren't selling them, or anything like that, technically you WERE abusing them by taking more than prescribed, then, you lied to the doctor.  He was completely justified in not Rx'ing it to you anymore.

My only advice to you is to try to find another doctor.  If you find another doctor who is willing to prescribe it for you, you need to make sure you are adhering to the Rx instructions.  You never should take Rx instructions into your own hands.  There is a good reason doctors have the prescription pad, not us.

Best of luck to you.
mishymoshymarcy If you think you've tried y... Comment
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
Apr 30
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Apr 30
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms