Driving with anxiety
The most potent of my anxiety triggers is certainly being in a car, most often that is not being driven by myself.  Meaning I just stepped out of a car with a friend of mine who drives a little wild and the entire 25 minute ride home, I was convinced I was dying, up until I type this post.  Anyone else have problems with panic creeping up while being in a car, I feel plausibly its related to the motion of the car, feeling weightless in some sense, bc you are gliding, or maybe something underlined...to know others out there has been helping me so feel free to make me feel not alone lol!

Thank you!
I do get anxious driving with most people but driving myself can be a nightmare. Just before Christmas I was in an accident (my fault entirely) because there were roadworks and traffic backed up and I couldn't go where I needed to and couldn't find a way out. So I panicked and turned where I shouldn't have and someone ran into me.

Some days are better than others and if I stick to familiar streets I'm not too bad but ask me to drive someplace I haven't been before and I freak out. I hate being like this. I feel cowardly and it certainly limits my life but nothing I've tried helps.
r9c
I know how it is..but i kept on my daily driving no matter how bad i felt,i do not want to be control by anxiety..if its going to do its worse.so be it.Recovery from anxiety lies in doing the thing you fear,if u keep avoiding things that you feel anxiety might stop u from,then you are stuck in that vicious cycle forever.Face the fear head on,i know its scary and uncomfortable but its just that all..rather having no lfie at all.
Hi I'm Jimmy , We all have our triggers for anxiety attacks for me its the daylight . I have GAD and what's funny is driving relaxes me . Best thing I do to not let it escalate for me is take a walk in the daylight  . Maybe you can try it with driving . Peace Jimmy
Thank you guys, its the strangest thing I was in the backseat and he has a loud car and something about it got to me...my best tip to the fact that Im going from uneasiness to panic is that the numbness my left arm gets also moves to my right, at that point I know that I have allowed the anxiety to manifest more...I do drive everyday, and deal with it, sometimes I feel anxious and the seatbelt bugs me out a little, but I have been pushing through it, I mean how could I get anywhere if I didn't haha! I feel like my skin has also become super sensitive meaning, if I wear clothes that have a design on them that can be felt on both sides, I feel like something is pressing on my chest, then when I lift the shirt off my chest it goes away...and that is what also happens with the seatbelt weirdly enough, so I pretty much tell my self Im a super hero with super nerves now haha, bc I literally can feel every little thing throughout my body! Thank you for your support!
  Put ear plugs in while driving. You may be suprised.
Bridges.  I hate bridges and have since I was 6 and we crossed the Mississippi at St. Louis.  I freaked out then because I just knew we were going right through that guardrail and into the river.  Doesn't matter if I'm driving or someone else, but it's actually worse when I'm at the wheel.  Freeway flyovers that curve on the upward arch send me right out of my mind.  I slow down to granny speed and white-knuckle my way over it while everyone behind me honks and flies the bird.  

The worst episode was a few years ago and turned into a two-hour panic attack.  I was following my husband home from a road trip.  He had the dogs and friends, I had all the other stuff.  We went over a fairly minor overpass and I wigged out.  It got nothing but worse with every passing mile and there were a whole lot of bridges and overpasses to contend with.  I was too scared to pull over and stop and too scared to take a hand off the wheel to call my husband and tell him I needed a break, so I kept going.  By the time I pulled in the driveway at home, it took a good five minutes to pry my hands off the wheel.

My shrink told me to focus on my breathing and consciously breathe slowly and deeply as soon as I feel the panic start.  It helps.  It also helps to remind myself that what I'm feeling is just adrenaline from the old fight-or-flight response.  Since the road trip episode I've been able to stop bridge anxiety from escalating into a full blown panic attack.  (shudder)  The stuff of nightmares!