Anxiety Community
EVERYTHING FEELS LIKE A DREAM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

EVERYTHING FEELS LIKE A DREAM

Recently, everything has been feeling like a big dream. I look around and i dont feel like im really living my life, it feels as though im in some type of dream that i cant wake up from. This has starting happening around a year ago, but it would just come and then go for a couple minutes. But about a month ago, it has gotten so much worse. My entire day, from when i wake up, to when i go to sleep, feels like a big dream. Im scared. I cant even hang out with my friends anymore because it has gotten so bad. I feel like i dont know where i am, but i can tell myself where i am and who everyone is, but its like my eyes cant recognize it for some reason. I dont have anxiety attacts, and im one of the happiest people. I dont know what it can be. It's really starting to scare me. I had to take an entire week off of work and school and it seems as though when i think about it, it wont go away. But it will just happen when i think about it.
What should i do? im really scared. this is ruining my life.
What should you do?
Ask yourself what YOU think you should do!
I'll give you a hint.
GO TO YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
Then come back, join the forum, and tell us what he/she said.
Peace
Greenlydia
Sounds like you are very overwhelmed.  You really should see a doctor about a possible MRI to rule out organic diseases.  If that comes out normal, I would go to a Psychological Assessment Center and be tested.  They will get you in the right direction.  They can help you figure out if it is neurological or psychological.  

Sammie
I agree with all of the above....do you have any other symptoms? Also, be sure to get a complete physical/blood work-up, too.
Try not to worry - this could very well be anxiety, too, but it's time now to see a physician  

Good luck
It sounds like derealization. It's usually symptom of anxiety (or drug using) and it can be really scary. However, nothing can happen to you from that. I've had it on and off for 16 years. talk to your doctor about Klonopin and visit dpselfhelp.com
holly ****... i have the same problem.. i have no idea whats going on.. its like everything is in slow mo.. and my head has been killlinggg me.
i have the same problem and i am only 14 ive been trying to tell myself that im fine but its just so weird and its scaring me
Ironically, I've recently started feeling this same exact way. From the dream-like feeling, to being able to identify who everyone is and where I'm at, to the scared feeling - but there's nothing particular that I'm scared of. I know this is an old-old-old post, but did anyone ever find out what this really was??
Everything feels like a dream just i never wake up.. it seems almost like its going slower then it should and its scaring me so much im only 15. it seems like im trapped in a mental cage and cant get out, but theres no restrains i still can do whatever but it doesnt seem like im the one doing it.
did anyone here ever find out what was wrong please help me.
Hey guys, wished i coulda looked into this earlier, hopefully you will still see this even though its a few months later, but let me give u the scoop on myself quick and what ive learned..  So ive felt this way too since i was about 7, when my mom married my step dad. were cool now but he was very abusive to me and thats when it all started. then just a few weeks ago it intensified and i really started freaking out and told some friends but never got any serious resolutions to my problem, and it was just really hard for me to try to explain it, like i feel tired all the time but if i try to go to sleep i realize im really not that tired, its more of a fog or a dream that im always in . and thought if i went to see a doctor i would just end up in some physco ward,..haha but  what we have im guessing is depersonalization disorder. Sadly there is no cure, im almost 20 and will be movin in with my gf soon and i hope that will lift my spirits and will pull me out of this fog.
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/dissociative_disorders/hic_depersonalization_disorder.aspx  heres where i learned everything about the disorder.. hope it helps!
I tried to throw myself in the canal yesterday to try & wake myself up but it doesn't work. Can't stand this anymore it feels lik an episode of 'life on mars' & i really need to waken up! Any suggestions coz this is day 3 of my dream?
Gary,

Did I read that correctly; you said you did not have a Panic attack? Usually, Panic attacks will trigger depersonalization which is the biggest fear of having the panic attack.

This is one of the scariest feelings and can cause Fear of Fear.

I have experienced this feeling after a panic attack and it eventually subdues after your body gets so exhausted; it goes away but does come back after another panic attack.

A Acid Trip would be the best way to describe it even though I have never done acid for that very reason!

I would say to you Gary; try taking Lexapro or something in that family, it really helped me and even though it feels like your are looking through a TV and things do not feel real, practice meditation and exercise alot; consult with your MD to make sure you are physically ok.

Amandag78 commented on Some GOOD NEWS!! Fin...
Amandag78 commented on nonights's status
Depression *****
10 hrs ago by Irisbritney