Anxiety Community
Effexor 150..feeling weird..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Effexor 150..feeling weird..

I was put on Effexor for my Panic disorder, because it seemed like no other medicine we have tried would work. I researched it and saw a good amount of people who have immunity to SSRI's, SNRI'S.etc, have had success on this medication.

I tried it on 37.5 and a few days later I felt cured. 2 weeks layer I was put on antibiotics, and it made my medicine "disappear". I was panicky again and I was feeling horrible.

I was upped to 75mg, with no effect, then to 150mg and now I feel weird. When I started 150 I felt sweaty all the time and my panic is terrible, everything is scary and my already heightened sensitivity was out of control. I can't focus and I am extremely hyper..

This is now day 10...I can't handle these effects...

I called my doctor already, but what should I do?

Are these "normal" effect when first starting it?

Thanks!
Effexor is a very stimulating antidepressant, as it targets norepinphrine as well as serotonin and that's basically adrenaline.  If anxiety is the primary problem the snris aren't usually used because of this, but many people have primary depression and don't know it.  That's when snris probably work for anxiety.  In your case, you're on such a high dose the stimulation is probably just too much for you, and that's what you want to ask your doc about.  Now, why would antibiotics make your medication "disappear?"  My guess is you had either had a placebo effect, as it usually takes 4-6 weeks for these meds to work but the side effects start right away, or it was working but the antibiotics so disrupted your beneficial organisms in your intestinal tract that you weren't able to properly metabolize the medication.  Those beneficial organisms are also responsible for part of what keeps us calm, including yet not understood mechanisms and the production of B vitamins.  You might try asking your doc to put you back on a lower dose where you didn't have the overstimulation and take a good refrigerated probiotic strong on bifidus to replenish the organisms the antibiotic killed off and see if that makes a difference.
you need to give it time.   Sweating is a well known side effect.     Talk to your Dr. about the anxiety.    It will settle down.  I had bad sweats for the first week.   I still have anxiety but it is getting better.  Hang on !
Cricketk92 joined this community
Welcome them!
57 mins ago
Dalubaba commented on photo
59 mins ago
CRSeaside commented on photo
1 hr ago