Anxiety Community
Excessive anxiety

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Excessive anxiety

I was on Pamelor for many years and my anxiety was under control.  I have been off that for about a year and my anxiety has been increasing since then.  My stomach has also been more upset and have had problems with IBS and I am having a hard time functioning and have even lost weight.  I have tried about 7 or so medicines that psychiatrist have tried me on, but they always give me something that has seritonin in it.  I take stuff for about 5 days and then it makes me sick to my stomach.  I wonder if it's the seritonin that makes me sick.  I often wonder why they haven't given me something that just has norepiniphrine in it and helps with IBS like the Pamelor did.  They keep giving me stuff with the major side effects of nausea and that's just great with someone who has that problem anyway.
Any suggestions on what to do or what to tell the doctors?
I am sorry that you are having problems with your medications.  Remember, no medication contains serotonin.  The SSRIs inhibit the reuptake of serotonin in your brain.  Initially, with these medications, there will be some side effects as you start, stop, or adjust dosages, in my experience.  Have you ever tried taking the medications on a full stomach?  I always try to do that because they also give me a stomach ache.  Also, has your doctor prescribed different classes of medications or something for your IBS?  

I should say I have had stomach issues for the last 6 months anyway.  And it's hard to give me anything where the number # 1 side effect is nausea and diarrhea.  The doctor's haven't given me anything for my IBS.  I think they need to try some TCA's to help with the IBS.  Pamelor was a straight norepinephrine medication and when I was on it I never had stomach problems.  I could eat most anything and never had issues.  I don't think I've tried taking these on a full stomach maybe that would help.  If I could get my stomach issues under control first I might be able to take something that would help my excessive anxiety.
mishymoshymarcy I WILL MAKE TODAY A PRODUCT... Comment
33 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
34 mins ago
SurprisedPatrick joined this community
Welcome them!
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms