Anxiety Expert Forum
Exercise and panic attacks
About This Forum:

This expert forum is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders. All questions will be answered by a medical professional or expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Exercise and panic attacks

Im a 31 y/o female, working mom of 2, married for 7 years. Since my father passed away 5 months ago I started having panic attacks, sometimes even 3on one day. After much suffering I decided to start medication for the first time iin my life, and have been on lexapro 10mg for almost 3 months. That has helped me tremendously, and my psych wants me to start exercising so that he can star weening me off the med. The thing is that one of my first episodes with panic attacks ocurred while I was excersising. I got dizzy and had rapid heartbeat, which is normal while exercising (ive never really exercised before that), but I panicked and didn t want to try again, until now. I know exercising will help out, but I stil cant get rid of the idea that something bad will happen to me. Today I started walking and after 20 minutes, just when i started to get warm i got scared and went home. Ive always been healthy, got a complete checkup when the panic attacks started and im fine. Has this happen to anyone else? What body response should i expect while exercising? Thanks in advance for your help!