Anxiety Community
Extreme anxiety and paranoia after coffee

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I never drink coffee cause i do a mild case of the jitters and feel uncomfortable, but because i was extremely tired going into work at 7am, i went to my work cafeteria and drank a cup of coffee. About 15 minutes after I drank the coffee, I started to feel this intense heat and pressure in the back of my head followed by extreme paranoia, fear, anxiety, crazy thoughts, and a fear of not being able to control my body. I was really scared and didn't know what to do. I have never  in my life experienced this and the only thing i can think of that could come close was the few times in my childhood when i experiemented with marijuana. Seeing that i don't like the feeling, made drugs never an issue or temptation for me. I started drinking a lot of water thinking that i was getting delusional from dehydration, but that wasn't it. I tried to sleep it off after work, but even this morning i still feel it, but definitely a lot less then yesterday. I am really curious if this sounds like just anxiety, high blood pressure, or maybe even my coffee being spiked with drugs or something. If anyone has an idea, I would love the health seeing that i was so scared yesterday and would like to never experience this again.
Coffee anxiety. It is like coffee is your trigger. Somewhere along the line you got the idea that coffee is the start of your panic attacks. We all have our triggers. Yours just seems to be coffee. You ever get like this at other times? Before I state the obvious and say ' don't drink coffee '. Just so the next person reading the post will have a full understanding if it happens other than when you drink coffee.
Some people have an exaggerated reaction to caffeine.  I don't drink coffee, never have, so the one time I took No-Doz I had a very weird reaction.  Just like some people get an extreme reaction to even small amounts of ephedra.  If you don't get anxiety attacks out of nowhere, just this time, then just skip coffee.  Next time try some spirulina or wheat grass or eleuthero, they will help your energy level without caffeine.  Or try green tea, though it has plenty of caffeine it also is balanced by a lot of antioxidants and theanine, a relaxant, so it doesn't usually have the same kick but you'll get the caffeine into your system.  Good luck.
i have sufferd from panick attacks since i was 14 and now i am 31. i have erational thoughts about being spiked and sometimes i feel that full of anxiety that i can not eat or drink with worry about what if? i now use a thought, feeling and behavouir diary everyday a clean page, which helps me to exprees myself and whats going on for me also to make  rational thoughts next to the erational one this helps me to think more normaly. i think getting back in touch with your body rather than being in the mind also helps me, like going for a walk, bike ride , jog, swim etc what ever helps you.i think you were thinking to much and when your tired and the caffine kicks in your adrelaine will kick in and make you feel anxuois. also tcounselling can help and a good diet an dgood sleep. i hope this helps anyone x
Jkhiele commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Ruthy55 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
refills commented on atthebeach's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms