Facial Blushing - Mind Fog - Anxiety
Well for a long time, I thought I had social anxiety. I'm 26 now and this started at age 16. I spend the majority of my day stressing over this. Here are the symptoms that I feel are related: Mind fog, facial blushing, anxiety, inability to concentrate, tightness in my forehead (which I also think could have something to do with my receding hairline). Now here's something I'd forgotten about until today. Around the same time I had what at the time I considered to be my first panic attack (I think it was more facial blushing with anxiety as a result of it), I also starting getting light headed and dizzy after eating. It was an issue for probably a month or so, and then I thought it went away, but I'm starting to think I just got used to it. I think that foggy feeling is what I feel 24/7 now. It's very frustrating, and I've come close to just breaking down and crying because I don't know how to fix it. I would have to say that the biggest problem is the facial blushing. When I turned 18, I started selling cars as a way of challenging these issues. Now, 8 years later that's all I really know how to do and its SOOO hard to cope day to day with my issues. In the very beginning, I tried anxiety meds which did nothing for me. Then I went a few years just hoping the problems would go away on their own and maybe I was just over-exaggerating them etc etc. The problems got worse. A couple weeks ago, I started taking amino acids that are supposed to lower your histamine level along with Calcium. After months of googleing I found lists of symptoms that seemed to match mine pretty well all linking to high histamine. There are even those that claim high histamine can cause forehead tightening and hair loss. But I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has had these symptoms together. I've been taking these amino acids for the past couple of weeks and as I understand it takes 6 to 10 weeks to notice any results.

Also, here are some other facts about my physical condition that may play into whatever anyone thinks is wrong with me. Some of them might sound weird, but just figured I should add in the other things that are "wrong" with me as they may be related.

I'm about 6'2"
I have trouble building muscle. I'm not "stringy" but I don't have much of a build.
I've kept a "beer gut" on for the past 4 or 5 years.
I have bad teeth, mostly in the back. I'm constantly getting cavities and I'm horrified of the dentist so I brush 2-3 times/day regularly.
I can't grow a full beard. I have quite a few spots in my facial hair, especially around the cheeks.

I'm tired of living this way and I NEED help. If this histamine thing doesn't work out, I don't know what to do. I'm not a suicide risk or anything, but I'm fed up with living this way. I'm terrified that this is going to drive me to pure insanity.

Oh. I've also been to a "specialist" who put me on a few different anxiety meds. I started doing my own research and told him that I didn't think I had anxiety alone and that I thought the anxiety was an effect of whatever actually IS wrong with me. He laughed at me and told me to stop looking for medical advice on Google, but it really makes sense. I had all of these other symptoms that I was just ignoring because they weren't causing me the immediate distress.
i know how you feel, i got rid of my anxiety for seven months felt great now its come back, its more like health anxiety, anti depressants are also used to treat this too but i didnt like the side effects, its very difficult to get rid of once you're in the viscous circle, i try to tell myself im fine but anxiety does take over your life, ive been anxious since a bad panic attack last year, ive had ecgs, blood tests, and the docs say it anxiety, sometimes people wish there was something up so they can cure it, my doctor said the only website to look up anything is www.patient.co.uk this is what doctors use too so the language is bigger words and sometimes difficult to understand