Facial twitch, anyone?
Does anyone else suffer from a facial twitch? I used to only get this in social situations or when i would get really panicky but my anxiety has been TERRIBLE for two straight weeks now and my facial twitch isn't going away. it's only when i smile and the left side seems a little worse. Does anyone else have this? I've had it on and off for about 8 years now but only when i was anxious. It doesn't want to go away these days. It makes me think I have MS, fibromyalgia, parkinson's, or another neurological disease. I am a healthy 28 year old. Anyone else?
Hi  there,
Facial tics and twitches are are fairly common responses to anxiety.  I used to have an eye tic that was really annoying.  I had it when on the road with a car full of children, or in social situations.  Anytime the pressure of my situation got to me :).

Having shared this, I hope you will see your doctor to check out an organic reason for this twitch.  Especially since it is a constant, not an off and on again symptom.  

You did say that the past two weeks have been ones of high anxiety so let's hope it is our old friend anxiety manifesting itself.   I believe unrelieved high stress is keeping the twitch  in place.

Having it on one side is worrying you, but again in my experience this is the way it works.

If possible, try to calm yourself by getting some quiet time.  I have spasms in other parts of my body and have learned to control them with ice.  Have no idea why it works for me, or if it would for you.

The image of you lying down in a quiet darkened room with a cool compress on  the left side of your face feels like it would be a good if temporary measure.

Good luck.  Do check with your personal physician.  Then return.  We have tips we like to share with fellow anxiety sufferers.

I went to see an urgent care doctor last Saturday bc my panic attacks have been horrible for the past two weeks and i mentioned the facial twitch, he believes it's from the anxiety. I also went and saw my gyno thinking maybe the panic attacks and increased anxiety levels are from my menstrual cycle, i mentioned the facial twitch to him and he said as well he thinks it's from anxiety, i also saw an orthopedic surgeon this week (three doctors! bad week) for some reoccurring neck pain and he said the facial twitch can definitely be from anxiety. i have an appt with a neurosurgeon on july 16th (that's the earliest i can get in) and im going to see what he thinks. i had a BAD panic attack (my first in about 4 years) two weeks ago and ever since then ive had all my bad symptoms (heart racing, constant panic attacks, constantly thinking im going to die, facial twitch, shaky body, feeling like im going to freak out, etc) so hopefully its just from that! i cant handle much more stress!