Anxiety Community
Fainting and Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Fainting and Anxiety

I have had this anxiety since I was a teenager.  It first happened when we were at church, but it now happens regularly when I am confronted with certain situations.  In short, I faint.  I don't know why, but usually it is when I am in an uncomfotable situation (i.e. Weddings, Formal events with a lot of people, etc.)... The weird thing is, it has morphed from 'fainting in church' to 'fainting from worrying about fainting!'... Which is why it happens at large formal events.  It is embarrassing, which is why I worry about it, which is why I faint.

I have heard my whole life that people don't actually faint from panic attacks, but rather they just FEEL like they are going to.  But I DO!  I have probably fainted over 200 times.  I have actually been to hospitals as a teenager where I received numerous CT Scans and EKGs.

Any insight as to some sort of diagnoses would be tremendous!

Thanks!
Keep dark shads on. Make sure you have a proper diet. Stop thinking so negative! or at least try. Ive fallen on my face a few time, and had awaken minutes later...your too worried..relax..don't try and complete projects on your own, let people help out..
I have had the exact same problem my whole life, beginning at age 12 and am now 55, and believe it or not, doctors have yet to find out why.  It looks like you posted this a long while ago, but I am replying to it anyway.  I know the feeling of fear of making commitments and follow through because one never knows when they are going to faint.  It seems to follow a pattern.  I had it in my early twenties, then it went away, and now it is back.  I fainted on a city bus, about a month ago, in the middle of the night and cracked my skull.  My diet is excellent, I work out, I do not smoke or drink and I take care of myself.  I thinks stress tends to bring it on, and it is almost like stress after the event...I went through a horrendous divorce a year ago.  During that time, did not faint once, but now making up for it.  I tend towards low blood pressure anyways.
TinaR10 Thinking about baby number ... Comment
35 mins ago
Cincy513 commented on Salivary gland disord...
1 hr ago
Anti-Inflammatory Foods for Joint ...
5 hrs ago by gymdandee