Fear of Being Trapped
I have a phobia which is the fear of being trapped.  It doesn't matter if the situation I'm trapped in poses no threat, is not unpleasant in any way, or even if it's a good thing that I can't escape from that given situation--just knowing the fact that I'm trapped and can't escape causes me panic and depression.

In this case, I feel trapped by the air around me.  I'm trapped in the sense that the air is all around me and no matter where I go, I cannot escape from it.  Even though I realize that the air poses no threat, is not unpleasant in any way, and that it's actually a good thing that I can't escape from the air because I would die, all those realizations don't matter because the fact still remains that I'm forever trapped and can't escape and knowing that is causing me panic and depression.  Even knowing that it would be more frightening to actually escape the air and die, knowing that does not ease the panic and depression from knowing that I am forever trapped and can't escape the air.

The exact instant a person is exposed to his/her phobia, that will usually cause this person to panic instantly.  And since I am exposed to this phobia all day everyday (obviously since the air is around me all day everyday), I feel that I could panic all day everyday non-stop for the rest of my life.  I came here in hopes that maybe someone can help talk me out of this and rationalize with it.
I know you said your fear of being trapped is multifaceted, but sticking with the air problem.  I think you may have an obsession/fear of suffocation. I offer as something to think about as you seek a solution.  Do you have periods of low oxygen, such as sleep apnea?  

The usual advice it to confront you fear, seems your fear is constantly confronted so you need something other than just "getting over it".

I was afraid of flying and of bridges falling - a fear of engineer or operator failure, I am an engineer and know my knowledge is far from perfect when it comes to design.  I pretty much got over it by confronting it,, but the problem is ongoing and when I drive across a high bridge it still takes some concentration to remain calm.. I never drive in the lane next to the railing.  I love a railing that I can't really see through and looks so strong the car couldn't pass through it if it had a tire blow out or steering failure... I run through the thought process I have to go through and hope it helps you think about how you can survive being "trapped" in the wonderful (most of the time) we have on planet earth.
It's not a fear of suffocation, it is a fear of being trapped because knowing that my brain is trapped inside my head caused me panic and knowing that I am trapped and can't escape the sense of touch caused me panic as well.