Anxiety Community
Fear of cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Fear of cancer

Hello i'm 19 and i have been going to the doctors very concerned about me having the same symptoms as colon cancer, i have lots of blood tests and they all came up normal and i have been diagnosed with IBS and i have a mild stomach hernia, but i am just soo concerned with why i feel like very sick all the time and tired i am making myself believe i am dying of cancer, it just feels like everyday i am feeling worse, i look in the mirror and i looks like i am more pale then normal, i almost feel weaker...i have had a GAD for 2 years now.....has anyone ever felt the way i do, convinced that they had cancer and they were dying from it???

heyyyy!! im 19 also and ive had anxiety/panic disorder since i was 14/15.
ive thought i had a brain tumor forever now!! im alaways worrying about my health. so trust me your NOT alone!! you are wayyyyy to young to have COLON cancer tho. dont worry about that. i always feel sick to but if you get your mind off of it and not sit and worry about yourself or how you feel i promise you u'll feel better. worrying just makes everything worse and literlly makes you feel sick. trust me i know. just calm down & dont worry. hope this helps, adleast you know your not alone. good luck & best wishes.
Many of us feel like we are dying...it is a symptom of anxiety to have irrational fears and to obsess over "anything".  Our anxiety grabs hold of a simple thought and turns it into terror....I feel you many need a visit to a therapist to help you talk out your irrational fears and then see what your plan of action should be...best to you!
Like both of them said..don't worry about it!

Trust me..I've had the same feelings! First I thought a tyhroid problem then I thought cancer then diabetes..then that something was wrong with my brain. It's VERY normal for people with anxiety to think that way. The thing is we don't have any of that and we are all perfectly healthy. Our fears get the best of us and are mind makes us think that way. You just have to be in control of your mind, that's the first step. Just be positive! It seems you've been given a clean bill of health so be thankful for that and just stop worrying over things. Also, if you are the type like I was to look for symptoms online..stop doing that because it only makes things much worse. Just ease your mind,  and relax.

About constantly feeling sick and stuff..that's all the mind. I was the exact same way. I'd keep sleeping and never want to do anything. I also became pale. I went to the doctors tons of time and they said I was fine. I then started eating right, and started walking/running and that has made a huge difference! Do that if possible. Go out for some fresh air..walk, run..etc. it helps stress big time.

Hope that helps.

Don't worry. :)
nursegirl6572 commented on Trying not to panic
34 mins ago
Mollyrae commented on Why You Might Have A ...
LovemyKids86 commented on K_Bmomma's status