Anxiety Community
Fear of dying!!!!!

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Fear of dying!!!!!

I have anxiety problems Im taking medication for this. I always have this fear of dying. And since I get the anxiety symptoms like shortness of breath, dizziness,......etc.......I always feel like Im about to die. Has anyone had this to? Any advice? Thanks..........
It doesn't sound like your medication is doing much to help you.  You're still suffering from panic attacks and they do make us think we're going to die, but as scary as they are, they're harmless. We have a normal response called our "fight or flight" mode, where the brain senses danger and floods our bodies with adrenaline so that we can protect ourselves.  If we are in danger this is what we need, but with anxiety this response happens when it's not needed...the adrenaline has nothing to work on and it results in a panic attack. I'm sure you've read of heroic things being done by people under stressful times and it's this extra adrenaline that allows them to do those things.  So keep in mind that it's a normal response coming at the wrong time.  Exercising every day helps a lot with anxiety, and when a panic attacks hits, try to talk yourself down and pace, walk, anything physical to work off the extra adrenaline.  Talk to your doctor about your medication, it's not controlling your panic attacks and it should be. There are so many people suffering with these attacks, so know you're not alone and we hear from a lot of teens.  If you haven't been in therapy along with taking medication, you should try it.  This can be gotten under control, they won't hurt or kill you, just scare the daylights out of you. Everything will be okay, just let your doctor know that you are still having panic attacks, it is often trial and error as to which medication will work best for us. I hope this helps and hang in there.
dominosarah commented on READY
1 hr ago
10356 commented on READY
mishymoshymarcy This is a beautiful world Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms