Anxiety Community
Feedback on Rachel Ramos Triad Technique For Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Has anyone ever heard of this or had any positive results with it?  I am just now starting to realize that I have a MAJOR anxiety problem that is taking over my life but I am scared to death to take the medication my doctor prescribed.  Any thoughts about this program?
I was horrified at the thought of taking meds buut ill just go on and tell ya... its the best thing i ever did for myself because i dont ever ever want to feel the way i did the day I went in to the ER thinking I was dying, and for the docotrs to tell me nothing was wrong and to go home and relax! Continued my week before making an appointment with my family physician and he smiled real big and said your not dying its just panic disorder, didnt find it to be humorous at all but at that point i was running on about 10hours total of sleep by the end of that week and was WORE out! Then when i got my meds he gave me something for migrains/insomnia a pill that helps for several different things, Xanax, and Fluoxitine which is prozac, nevertheless i started taking the meds wrong and i was really a mess then, took the insomnia meds during the day and the fluoxitine at night, well fluoxitine can cause insomnia so i was backwards and even more messed up then when i started!! But as soon as i got back on track i started to notice a difference immediately in how I felt and didnt even have to take the Xanax i was prescribed! When i did have a bit of panic/anxiety it was over just as fast as it started, however whe i get to be on overload i might have a panic attack but again it doesnt last long! So do consider taking meds cause my life wouldnt be the same with out mine! And always remember it takes 3-6 weeks for some before the drug takes effect and starts really working well for you, also some anti depressants may not work for you but you just have to keep at it till you find one that does!
I read the other persons reply, PLEASE!! Do not Go Near ANY BENZO's Meds, out of the cries of Many, that wish the day they could All take it back and Never had taken a Benzo, like Xanax, and Prozac, is terrible as well, It is Fine in the beginning, but it doesnt take long before the worst begins, which is trying to not take xanax, all it takes is a few weeks for a tolerance/a now considered a dependant medication. Prozac and xanax well make you Worse in the long run, Please Talk to a dr Before taking any medicine, beware of those dr. that say benzo's are non habit forming, b/c they are! I still think speaking to a therpost(mispelled) and dealing with the Root of the problem on why you are having panick attack and excerise on how to regain control naturally is the best method.
Run! Don't walk away from Klonopin which is a horribly addictive drug. There are literally thousands of letters on the Internet, (including mine!) describing the horrors of this drug which can actually CAUSE panic attacks! I had mild anxiety when prescribed this pill but I did not have panic attacks! Now I wake up every morning in excruciating anxiety (and this is AFTER I have been off the medicine more than ten months!) It took me more than four months of hellish withdrawal to taper off of the drug and I am still so sick from it that I cannot work, am on disability, wake up shaking, heart pounding, anytime I sleep, whether it's nighttime sleep, or if i even just drift off in a chair for 5 minutes! I repeat, the withdrawal was horrible with vomiting, heart palpitations that sent me to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack, violent panic attacks that had me throwing my body onto the floor! And no doctor can tell me when this is going to end! Run for your life! God bless you! PS> My Psychologist is an ex-cocaine addict and he says it's almost as hard to get off of Klonopin as to get off of cocaine!  Pfizer that makes most anti-anxiety drugs especially benzo drugs has publicly stated: "All anti-anxiety drugs can cause a paradoxical effect."  In other words, they can cause the exact opposite of the effect you are seeking by actually causing and/or increasing your anxiety and panic attacks!
You are so right. No meds for sure. My daughter suffers from anxiety and have heard many good things about Rachel Ramos "Cool Calm and Collected Video. I find it very interesting so I wanted to share this with whoever suffers from anxiety. I hope you check out her video and I hope this helps you :)
Is the Triad Technique helping your daughter?
The Triad technique is justy Panic Away with new branding. Basically they just stole the thing and rebranded it. If you go to the site and take the test as a woman, it will say the Triad Technique is ONLY for women. Go back and take the test as a man and a man comes on and says it's ONLY for men. How can the same thing be ONLY for women AND men? Makes no sense. The Calm Clinic refers to a made-up organization to help give weight to its claims. And seriously folks, anything that starts popping up in the top 3 spots on Google just out of nowhere for all anxiety-related searches -- you have to start using your head and realizing they PAID for those spots. It's all a huge scam. Don't waste your time or money on these immoral hucksters. They don't care if you're suffering, they just want to make money off your pain.
Well I have the Lucinda Basset program and it has a lot of good information on it... after 6 months of dealing with this anxiety I am planning a trip to the Dr to get on meds. I have Klonapin and Ativan but they both just make me tired so I don't take them... I am only on cd 4 of the Lucinda Program and they have 15 sessions but I really think I will need meds to get thru this but everyone is different!! Just bcus one person has a bad experience with a med don't mean you will!!
Hello, do you have any physical pain ie: neck, shoulder pain, headache?
I have panic/anxiety attack from out of the blue. Done all kinda of test and all come clear. ER doc gave me Lorazapham at ER and it help. I took is only couple times when at the beginning I was very tense. After 2 weeks, I tried to stop taking it and started to have neck pain, headache, numbness on my left arm... Then I started to see physio and acupuncture... Just started pain still here however I am more relax now.
It could be my c2/3 clog and gave me anxiety. Do some research online and u will find more info.

I will try to do the best to stay away from med :)
I don't agree. I person with a real panic disorder won't get addicted to Ativan or Klonopin. I have been on them for years and can stop at anytime. In fact i have stopped when i took another Non Narcotic medication that took the anxiety away. The only reason i am back on the klonopin is because after taking the other medication for 2 years it stopped working. When i find another one i will stop the klonopin because i have a REAL PANIC DISORDER and i don't get addicted to klonopin. Only drug addicts will get addicted. Now xanax is a different story.  
Prozac literally saved my life. I was so frustrated and confused I was ready to end everything. Fortunately, I decided to try one last thing, before going through with it. That one last thing was Prozac, and now here I am 24 years later and feeling better than I ever did before I took it. Yes, I still take it, and I will take it for the rest of my life; but so what? I'm still here to take it, which is a good thing. If I were diabetic, should I take insulin every day? Yes. Would I die if I didn't take insulin? Yes. So in my case, my brain doesn't make adequate amounts of serotonin; it doesn't function properly. Should I take Prozac every day to make my brain work? Yes, of course.
From the date of the other comments looks like I'm a bit late to the party. But none the less I've started using the program and have some thoughts. I've had panic attacks for about 7 years now. I've tried a lot of techniques including seeing a very expensive therapist, exercise, positive thinking and meditation. No medication for me. I just don't think we need it, it's like a bandaid. Covers up the injury, but doesn't fix it. I'm looking for a fix.  I took the test as well but didn't wait for the results before I ordered the 7 day trial. I like that I can explore the program and cancel before I get charged. That says a lot to me. They are confident that their product works.  I've completed the initial videos and exercises. I must tell you that so far I think it is a good program. The information presented is new to me. Talks about the science behind panic attacks. And the philosophy of how to cure it. The program requires focus, discipline and hard work. It's not about popping a pill or emptying your mind using breathing techniques. Will it work?  I don't know yet, but I'm optimistic. I will continue to post my results as I move through this.
Thanks for the input!  I would love to follow your progress with this program.  It would probably be better for you to start your own thread when you start to do that.  You can copy/paste this post onto the new thread as well.

Will be watching for your updates, good luck!
I agree! When I exercise I feel a lot better..but when you feel so depressed who want to walk on a treadmill..I don't want to take medication, I've been fighting anxiety for 20 years. I have given up a lot to this horrible illness but still refuse medication...
Update:  I finished the course a while ago. Reading my comments I realized I committed to updating you all with the results. Generally I think the material is good. The information is presented in a simple and practical way. I appreciate not having to read through lots of technical explanations. The creators have consolidated a lot of information into an easy to understand program.

While I think the information is practical it's also not an overnight miracle cure. But then again nothing in life is. The techniques described will take discipline and focus. For example, the program has a number of activities for the participants to engage in. They point out that we worry a lot about everything. The activities include writing down a list of all the things that we worry about so we can see how long that list is and to examine them. Another activity challenges us to write down all of our open tasks, prioritize them and make a decision one way or the other to do them or just drop them. Both of the activities were helpful to me as I saw how much pressure I had subconsciously placed upon myself. I took care of several things that I had placed on hold for a long time. I felt better about myself as I took care of those things. For me I would worry all the time about these unfinished tasks but pushed away the thoughts. I still worry, but there is less to worry about.

Am I 100% cured as a result of taking this program?  No I'm not. I have taken additional steps in my process towards curing myself. I understand some of my pressures better. I understand some of the underlying reasons why I've had and continue to have anxiety. I feel better equipped to handle it now as just one tool in my arsenal. I still see my therapist, but less frequently now. I believe also that exercise is very important if you are lucky enough to be able to physically engage in it.  I think we should stay away from bad food. Yes it's a cliche but we are what we eat. Filling ourselves with fried, sugary and caffeinated foods is not good for us. We all know that. Everything in moderation. So my take is that it's a combination of all of these things. Getting our minds straight is the most important. Finding out the reasons we are feeling anxious is critical. It requires tuning into what's going on including the underlying pressures we place upon ourselves.  And supplementing our "mind work" with exercise and healthy eating will help. How can it not really?

Finally, my therapist just wrote a book. His techniques have been very helpful to me. My panic attacks were so severe when I first met him that my life was at a standstill. I was terrified that I would pass on my condition to my young son. I'm not going to mention the book here until I've read it. While I think he's a good therapist I have no idea if he wrote a good book or not. I'll be back to post some thoughts about it. And to see if anyone replied to this thread again. I'll also try to start a new thread as one of you suggested.  Please take care of yourselves. We are all precious beings with so much to give.

mishymoshymarcy What in the world am i doin... Comment
1 hr ago
nursegirl6572 commented on specialmom's status
1 hr ago
LindaTX uploaded a new photo
1 hr ago