Feel like everything is moving slow but my mind is going really fast almost screaming at me.
Hello all,
I know this sounds crazy but i swear this is what it feels like. No doctor has ever told me that I have panic attacks or anxiety or anything but... i think i have a severe case of it.
Im a senior at CSULB since its my last year it has been incredibly hectic. Sometimes when I am trying to do things fast or if i have a lot to do I feel like:
      Im moving in slow motion
      Things are goin really fast in my mind (almost feels like its screaming at me) <-- sounds crazy but im being honest
      My heart starts beating really fast
      Gets hard to breathe
I do not use drugs. I do not drink. I do not smoke. I am not over weight. It just drives me nuts. I dont know what is going on. Any advice would help and be greatly appreciated. thank you so much in advance.
dudde im having this problem as we speak. my mind is thinking everything i want to say very quickly and when this happens i am also freaking out trying to be calm. i can hear them repeating. this has happened to me for as long as i can remember. my mind feels confused and i just keep repeating. and when i hear it in my head i cant really hear my voice but i imagine me saying it like im talking very fast in a freaked out voice.
The same thing happens to me and I'm under 18 and it's really freaky and my heart races. We tired to figure it out but nothing works and we got no answers.
I recommend that you  do some research and read about vitamin deficincies, particularly B vitamins, Vitamin b12, b1 and b6. research symptoms related to deficiency symptoms.  An inadequete diet along with certain other problems can lead to deficincies,  I had these symptoms along with a host of others. Often doctors fail to diagnose or check vitamin levels, particularly in the younger generation because they don't think it's possible that they could be deficient in vitamins.  Please get checked~it helped me. But do your research first and see if you are experiencing a number of the symptoms that deficiencies cause. Good luck
thank you so much.
Actually you might want to have yourself referred to a Psychologist, for further examination... As it sounds like to me, that you may have Bipolar.

Just a hunch, since I have Bipolar II and looks like it from the details you have said, but BP isn't such a bad thing..

Anyway... Finally one last thing that you need to do, is make sure that you write down your thoughts, feelings and even your actions in a diary... This is so that they get a good idea, what is going on inside your mind.
The same happens to me, it happens after some period of time. Seems as if the world is moving too fast, where as my mind, my body, and my actions go really slow! As i think, my mind echoes my thoughts and speak back to me loud and slow! It's miserable as well as annoying unless i get back to normal after a span of 15-20 minutes
I am having the same problem with everything going fast or slow but in reality everything is normal. Always occurs at night right when I close my eyes. Im not stressed or worrying about anything when this happens. I started noticing this after my freshman year in high school, after I had hit my head on a wall playing flag football in gym.
I have Bipolar II as well and I type all day and during that time it will sometimes feel like all the words in my head are slowing down as if I'm slowing down a video or something but the words on the screen will be fine. Then around the time that happens it starts to feel like I'm stretching, almost floating above myself. Its so weird. I've had this happen a few times.
dido
thank you very informative . ty :)
any of you get weird shocking feelings in your shoulder of anywhere else        ( for my it's just my shoulder, but it might be different for others)  ?
weird hip markings ?
I think I have had minor instances of this for a very long time. When I was a kid, I had a serious case. The doctors said I had a night terror, but one big thing was I was conscious the entire time. I also remember the feeling and visual effects of it to this day. Soo here goes.....         I woke up in a panic, everything was very blurry, like the speckles you would normally see were maximised by 100x. Went down stairs to see my mother for some help. She started to talk normally but in my head they were extremely loud, and I constantly told her to whisper, and to stop yelling. I sat at the table and she went to get me a glass of water, I could not see her face, it was all jumbled and very blurry, like a mosaic that constantly moved. Her body was would blur out if she were to move a single inch leaving a trail of where she used to be for a split second. I was constantly telling her to slow down. Since then the closest it have ever gotten to that was when I had a 104 temp with pneumonia. That was very minor. I right now am experiencing a visual sensation. Where things seem to be a bit larger than they really are, and further away. Where looking at me bead sheet would remind me .of a giant sand dune and somehow it would trick my mind in thinking its an equivalent. Looking at my hands would be like looking at skyscrapers in Time square.  I have had this happen to me my entire life. oddly enough, it has been something that at times
I can induce it. Recreating the emotions and thought patterns. (Sorry for a second post, typing this on my cell, and accidentally pressed "post a comment"  button)
Almost forgot the most important thing! This always happens at night time, before or after I have slept. And I tend to have lucid dreams before or after having the effects.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell or help me out with what I'm feeling

I recently just woke up and was all sweaty, then started to breathe heavy as I got up to get my mum I felt dizy and my tongue felt bigger than my mouth like I couldn't swallow properly, as she was talking to me it felt like she was speaking really fast and every movement that happened around me was going fast as well, I feel like I'm not in my body when it happens,I get only the tiniest bit scared but I just want to know what it is :/, help!
Sometimes I feel like things are too slow. When I move it feels like I'm in slow motion, and when I think or read in my head, it's really loud, like yelling. I have had a concussion in the past. Are these related, and does anyone know why this is happening?
hi there, I have the same kinda thing and it worries me. I just had it about 10 mins ago whilst I was putting make up on. I felt like everything was going in slow motion but it was going at a normal pace and it sounds crazy but I felt like someone was laughing at me, and smirking. it gets me really upset and it sometimes happens when I sleep. The dream will be like a 4 year old had gotten angry at a drawing and scribbled it all out, and that black scribble just gets bigger and smaller going faster then really slow and it really freaks me out. I'm 17 and have never spoke about it before but it's starting to really scare me now.
Yeah, I have had this ever since I hit my chin, hard, in gym when I was five. I'm twelve now. I can induce it. I just talk to my self in my head and making it go faster and faster until everything else seems like it's in slo_mo l. I do it during my singing performances. It helps with stage fright. And for my dancing performances. It helps me not make mistakes since my mind is going so fast. I've learned to recognize when I'm dreaming, so the dream isn't as scary. My dream is that a giant hand is cracking a whip and it was really loud. I was in the middle of a red circular room and the hand moved around the edge. I focus on my heartbeat and try to slow it down and when I'm calm I normally wake up. To be honest it kinda feels like I'm in a training simulation in divergent! :-) if you want tips on making it stop email me at ***@****!
I do believe they are related.
I have the slow motion thing too. Mine comes along with the feeling that I should be panicing, but I make myself stay calm. I also feel like my thoughts are screaming at me trying to get me to panic. Mine always happens with water...doing laundry or taking a shower. I stop it by watching t.v. For a few minutes. It helps every time.
Wow. I posted this a few years back and for some reason I had just completely forgot about it. Thank you to everyone for your very informative responses. I really appreciate it. It's crazy how many of us have this similar thing happen. I stopped bringing it up to my doctor when I go for my yearly check ups because it was always just dismissed. In the last 12 months this has happened to me like 3 times. No explanation for it. Just happens randomly.

Hope everyone is doing a lot better and that someone has figured out what this could be. In reference to bipolar disorder, I'm going to have to do some research on it.

Thanks to all!
Well i was looking through this page to find a name for this hell of stages i get quite often since i was litle juts like you... but i just cant find anything! Maybe now you may know more? If so please respond to this comment im very curious to know how to deal with it or how to name it so i can explain it to my family and friends better.
Also there are voices in my head and they talk really fast and half of me wants to freak out but the other half of me stays clam and then everything else is in slow  Motion and my heart races and then it's hard to breath and this happens when I wake up or when i try to go to sleep.
Having the same problem since childhood and it mostly happens during going to bed. Everything seems small and slow but the mind, the thunking...
Thank you for sharing this! I thought I was alone in this feeling. I just had it right now like 5 minute ago! I've had it since I was about 10 years old and I'm 30 now and still having them about 5 times a year. I've noticed as I got older it came in times of thinking or processing thoughts or ideas in my head. Almost like over thinking or stressing was a trigger. One time I heard it might have been a build up of adenaline but I've never confirmed it. I just stay calm until it passes. It could last anywhere between 5-20 minutes. I sometimes just need to talk to my wife or splash water on my face to make it go away. She's always been very supportive of it and she knows exactly what to say to help. I wish there was a name for this issue. Kinda makes me feel special, like I have some sort of super power! Haha! Well good luck everyone and stay healthy!
Well I have is too and I think it because I have ADD and my mind is not focusing on the sounds around me when I tried or drunk
I have had these anxiety attacks on and off for the last 4-5 years. I am so glad to finally find that other people have experienced this as well. I have noticed that these anxiety attacks happen either when I'm drinking alcohol or am super hormonal, but they happen out of the blue. I used to get them more frequently about 4 years ago, and they have subsided since. It probably happens once or twice a year now.
When the "slow motioness" would happen I felt as if everything wasn't real or I was in another world. I would also have moments of dej'avu during these anxiety attacks. They feel like they last a long time, but in reality they only last a couple minutes. Everything seems to be very distant, my arms feel heavy and I feel like I'm losing touch with reality. Sometimes if I feel the anxiety coming on I can talk myself out of it, but other times it just makes it worse.
I have the same issue! Im 15 and Ive had this problem since I was in kindergarten. One night I woke up because it was a dream and I was crying and I went to my sisters bed because of it and thats when it started happening. It started as dreams but soon became something during the day. It happens every so often, I dont keep track but its really scary. I feel like my mind goes blank and all I hear is someone yelling at me to move faster and my mind starts racing and I look around and everything is in slow motion. It happens to me randomly, usually not in school. Like I just got out of the shower and had it while I was brushing my hair and then I went on this website and sat down and its gone now. It happens sometimes at night before bed or randomly during the day. Does any one know how to make it stop??
Read more of the comments someone could commented techniques
I&#39;m so happy too, since I was around 6 so 15 years now. I&#39;ve been experiencing this. I call it my;fast and slow thing. I went to the GP and I was diagnosed with generalised anxiety and its a form of panic attack. I&#39;m on meds but it still happens, I&#39;ve literally just had one now and it&#39;s such a horrible feeling as if I&#39;m going insane. I&#39;m glad I&#39;m not alone, but when it happens you do feel alone. I found that just letting it pass and run its course helps, because getting upset and trying to stop it only makes it worse.
My brain does the same thing, as if it can't stop yelling--it's like having a horrific drill sargeant in your ear who won't leave you alone.
Hi everyone, I have also suffered from these episodes where my mind races and everything else seems to be in slow motion. It&#39;s extremely hard to explain without sounding crazy so I get it. For me these episodes have varied in length and intensity but have become less frequent as I age. I used to take slow deep breaths to slow my mind down but with a recent episode, that didn&#39;t work so I tried a technique that I read about once that people use for anxiety and panic attacks and it ended up helping a lot so I though I&#39;d share it to try help others. What I do is I clench everything in my body for 10 seconds, my eyes, every muscle and hold it there and hold your breath and then after 10 seconds release everything slowly and take a deep breath out.. it&#39;s used to calm yourself and your mind down. I hope it helps at least one other person who suffers from this indescribable feeling. Good luck xx
Sorry I'm not sure why every "it's" I wrote turned into weird symbols when I posted the comment
I don't know what's happening to my body i feel like every movement i make is really quiet but in reality its loud i think. I feel like i am going in slow motion and my entire body feels heavy. My head feels like it weighs 100 tonnes. My hands cramp up and the thoughts in my head are very slow and eerie and sometimes completely quiet then my mind races and i can't seem to function properly. I was doing the dishes and the water looked like it was coming out of the tap in slow motion. I feel fuzzy and very strange. It's been happening for years but i can count on one hand when I've felt like this. O don't know what to do or what it is. Very scary though.
I get this every day, it lasts up to 10 minutes and you get used to it after a while, sometimes it can be very frustrating I mostly get it when Im tired or somethings frightened me or I put headphones in and the musics loud. So being tired and anxiety causes mine, I googled this rn because its happening rn and your question appeared and to me its totally normal so dont worry about it.