Aa
A
A
Close
Feeling cold on Citalopram
Does anyone else have this? I get periods where it feels like fire through my chest and arms or am freezing cold. It is making me even more crazy then I already feel!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
209987 tn?1451939065
Sometimes the side effects are worse than the symptoms...especially if you're one of "us"...you know, the kind of people that are very sensitive to most medications.

If this is extremely bothersome ( which it sounds like it is ) go see a pharmacist or go back to your doctor. Either one will be able to help you choose a different medication. Of course only the doctor can prescribe a new one...but the pharmacist can help you find one that doesn't have those side effects...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I am sensitive to meds. It makes me worried that they may want to switch me to something else, which will just start me on the side effect trail again. I just don't know if I should work through this or try something new.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I get the same symptoms coldness through me. Feels like I am loosing the plot alot worse than I was before I started taking them. Only on 10mg because very sensitive to medication. Took 20mg through my period time as that's when I am most depressed the effect was 10 x worse than 10mg. I have also found it effects my periods and have brusing all over my arms and legs anyone else get these.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
You should connect with your pharmacist immediately if any med creates "bruising." Info you get here about side effects may be anecdotal so may not apply to you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I also take Citalopram, but find I have that sensation with breakthrough anxiety.  I am experiencing this since last week.  I have been taking Citalopram for about 12 years.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
6 hrs ago
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank
Dee1956 commented on KeeLolo's status
6 hrs ago
Blank
ali110786 commented on Why clinics sometimes...
6 hrs ago
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Blank
Arlington, WA
Blank