Anxiety Community
Feeling disoriented, Mind blank.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Feeling disoriented, Mind blank.

Since Sunday I have been feeling not myself, not here and this is the first time its ever occurred. I feel like I have no memory and im not too concerned because I think its just my anxiety and depression but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this! If so please leave a comment and how to deal with it or if it will ever go away. xo
Have you been under more stress than usual lately? That may be causing the symptoms you're describing.  
Yes always under stress. Could that be a reason ?
Yes I have felt like tht many times sometimes I forget wht the day is or I can't think stright yes it is the anxiety and yh don't need 2 be concerned hope u feel better soon :)
Its the first time ive experienced it and its definitely tripping me out but I try and stay focused and not make it give me more anxiety than I already have! Thankyou hun!
I know u would think one problem is enough to cope with then more symtoms (symptoms) come up crazy how many symtomns u get with anxeity and np x
I know right, it is definitely overwhelming all the symptoms we anxiety sufferers go through on a day to day basis. Just have to keep a clear positive mind and that helps me get through my day!
Yeah I wish I was like you haveing positive mind but ah well I'm sure everything will be fine and u will be ok 2 :)
Awe you can have a positive mind though!
Hmmm sometimes I guess depends really right now I don't urghh lol :(
I was once in a position you were in! It gets better, I promise! :)
I hope it does the main thing I want now is sleep!! Lol just cnt get to sleep
Have you tried sleeping pills ?!
Nikki....do some searching, on this site, and in this community for "derealization".  It's a common symptom of anxiety, and what you describe is pretty textbook.  You feel as though everything is kind of "unreal", like you're looking at your surroundings through someone else's eyes, or like you're watching a movie.  That's how derealization feels and a large number of people who have had anxiety will have this symptom at some point.

Another similar symptom is called "depersonalization".  It's kind of the same as DR, only those feelings of unreality are centered more on the SELF/PERSON than the environment (as in derealization).  People will describe that they don't "feel" like themselves, they don't "look" the same in the mirror.  From my experience, derealization seems to be more common.

The good news is, this is yet just another symptom of anxiety, and while it is an uncomfortable weird sensation, it is harmless.  Also, once you start addressing your anxiety (through a professional usually), and the anxiety starts subsiding some, the DR will just start to fade into the background, and then resolve completely.

I've had DR several times and I hated it.  It's very hard to get away from.  Even just walking around in the mall, everything looks so weird.  I had my eyes checked a bunch of times, convinced something was wrong with them, before I found out about DR/DP.

Look into it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that this is a real, and common side effect of anxiety.  If you look at my profile, I actually wrote a journal about DR/DP, and the best part of that journal is the TONS of replies it got.  It's nice to read those, and see just how common it is.

What kind of treatment have you tried for anxiety?  Are you seeing anyone now?  In therapy?  If not, you need to start by finding a professional and get the ball rolling on anxiety treatment.

Hang in there!
In 08 I was in a program but it basically did nothing but ruin me as im an adult now. I have m anxiety pretty under control just this is something ive never felt out of m 7 years of having anxiety. Its nice to talk to someone and get some feedback! Im also on zoloft and have been for 6 years.
i get this when im anxious, its like im stuck in my own mind of feeling like im not functioning with anything out of it, and times passing fast and then it feels asif ive forgotten what happened. i went through a 6 week long anxiety spell and looking back it looks like a blur. its the strangest thing! so yes i can relate haha, it does pass though, no matter how weird or scary it seems as mine is from having really bad mind chatter that kind of stops my normal head from behaving normally, it does go away and you will feel back to normal. my anxiety seems to come and go and it genuinally feels when i look back like i was dreaming it.i hope youll be okay x
Thankyou! I find it is slowly dissappearing as the days pass!
noo bother :)
No I dnt take sleeping pills x
travel_melb Ok day 22 let try to make t... Comment
1 hr ago
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
TinaR10 commented on ready4number4's status