Anxiety Community
Feeling lifeless

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Feeling lifeless

Hi, My name is Lisa. I was diagnosed with GAD 3 years ago. Tried Paxil first. Made me a dead head. Then Zoloft, that made me drowsy. Now I'm on 75mg of Effexor that I've been on for nearly 2 1/2 years. Works great for the anxiety and irritability. Emotionally speaking nothing bothers me much at all anymore. Even hard to cry. Can live with that, BUT I'm on the edge of depression I feel no motivation whatsoever. I've gained nearly 25 lbs since starting the med and do not exercise at all anymore..Because I just don't give a crap..Don't do any of my old hobbies.This I don't like..so does anyone know, do I need a new drug, more of this drug or what. I know coming off Effexor must be a booger because I forgot it when I went on vacation once and on day 3 without it I was a complete basket case. Anxiety attack like no other. Any advise will be appreciated...My Give a Damn is Busted....please help to fix.
It sounds like you're depressed, and after 2 1/2 years it's very possible that your body has built up a tolerance to the Effexor and it's no longer working. Depression robs us of any motivation we may have, and we just don't care about anything anymore.  Contact your doctor and let him know how you are feeling, he will know what you need.  Best wishes and take care.
You could talk to your Dr. about increasing your dose or adding something to the mix.  I know how you feel and it's no fun.  I no longer have the same enthusiasm for thing that I used to, but I'm also feeling pretty good anxiety-wise.  There are trade-offs with certain meds and finding a good balance is difficult.  I suspect that in the beginning you were willing to trade those emotions for the relief from the anxiety.  Now you want them back.  That is a good sign.  You don't want to feel numb anymore.  I weaned off Effexor and had no problem.  I went so slow that my body never saw it coming.  I took a certain number of grains out of my capsule, increasing the amount each week. When I got down to twenty grains left, I quit.  Takes time and patience, but well worth the absence of withdrawal symptoms.  I wish you luck in re-connecting with yourself!  
Purple2014 joined this community
Welcome them!
5 mins ago
gymdandee commented on Live Longer
58 mins ago
KylieRMs_momma Hi everyone! Havent been on... Comment