Feels like objects move when I look at them...
been on lexapro for about a year now, I barely ever get symptoms or flares, but I've been thinking of getting off this med for a while now( got every medical test under the sun, perfectly healthy). As of the past few weeks, it seems my vision has gotten bad and that when I look at things, they appear to move...Not like distinctly, but I feel that my eyes have a hard time adjusting which causes me to think it's moving. has anyone else had this symptom?
Might be anxiety or side effect of lexapro. talk to your doc. Anxiety might give you this symptom.
For a period of, maybe, 2 years there was an issue that was really bothering me and played on my mind.  There were intense feelings of guilt and I was worried all the time.  Sleeplessness, and broken sleep patterns, mood swings, etc.  I began sensing that objects I was looking at were moving around, at home, but especially at work because I was more tense and nervous there.  I believe the feeling like objects were moving around was because of my overly nervous emotional and mental state.  Don't know if you are going through any personal issues in your life, but tension or nervous breakdown, or near-nervous breakdown, can cause such visual sensations.
sounds more like anxiety than anything...  I get dizzy spells when I have anxiety.

and for as long as you've been on lexapro... you shouldn't start having side effects from it now.

good luck to you. =)
You can also have an actual eye muscle condition.  Have an ophthalmologist examine your eyes.  Put an eye muscle problem with anxiety, and, lordy!  Please get that eye exam!
You're saying the possibility of an eye muscle condition, can be exemplified by my anxiety?
err exaggerated** lol
No, I'm saying that you could have an actual problem with the eye muscles that cause your visual sensations, or you could have another eye problem.  You also could be having ocular migraines.  Sometimes, ocular migraines have the symptom of waviness (if that's the correct word), similar to the heat waves that you see a good distance ahead of you on the highway, or just above a very hot vehicle.  In fact, I believe that my anxiety was a result of ocular migraines, not the cause.  Go through these threads.  I just answered someone else's question about visual problems in this forum, but forgot to mention the heat wave-like movement to that person.  You'll find the other symptoms that I've experienced and how I've handled them in my answer to that person.  They're really no big deal any more, just a time-killing nuisance, but, boy, did they take some getting used to!   Fear really kicks in that fight or flight mechanism.  Adrenals, alert!  Adrenals, charge!  And then comes the onslaught, and you wonder if you're really going to die this time.  One time, about the 3rd or 4th time, my co-workers and I all thought that I might be having a heart attack, so EMS hauled me off to the hospital, I was admitted and, for over $13,000.00, found out that it was ocular migraine, plus anxiety, plus a needed change in thyroid dosage.  Oh, the embarrassment and expense!  Later, we found out they were wrong about the thryoid dosage.  Check out my comments to the other person, as they'll probably be of interest to you.  I do think that you should definitely see an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist.  Again, good luck.  (In one of the first 3 or 4 pages of this forum, but don't remember which one.)
Question is from mickymouse.  Blue topic heading is Vision this weird can it be anxiety?  Page 3, right now, but as fast as questions go up on this board, it may be page 4 or 5 by the time you see it.
Checked it out, I'm quite impartial to it being an actual vision problem, But I'll definitely have it looked at. I've had all the symptoms imaginable, and have seen vision related symptoms occur in the past. We'll see.
Bumping this, to see if anyone else has had this symptom (vision waviness)and found out it was anxiety.
bump
bump
bump
bump x2
Guess that not many people have this symptom lol
I am on lexampro as well and have the same symptoms it's kinda freaky because you try to focus and shake out of it but just keeps happening I have very bad anxiety and have many physical symptoms like I'm shaking inside but I'm not really? Take some deep breaths in and tell your self that it's just anxiety and that there is absolutey nothing wrong the more you think about it the worse it becomes try and occupy  your self i use my iPod and play games
Hi.

I  had this problem for about 6 years.
In the dark, if I stare at things, they start shaking in very unnatural ways.
When I was younger I actually believed I had telekinesis ^^

I don't know what causes it, I have a rare eye condition where I got +3.75/3.50 but despite it I can see perfectly fine.

It sometimes scares me as things startle me by their strange movements, sometimes i somehow even change the "luminosity" of the room with my eyes.

It's horrible cause you can't really shake yourself out of it, you have to look away and focus on not focusing x)
hi, I am curious if you still have this problem. I have now exactly same problem. Was it really anxiety?