Anxiety Community
Food

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Food

What are good snacks and food to eat to help calm the anxiety
You should win some sort of prize for this question! For as long as I've been here, I don't recall anyone ever asking about antianxiety food! Great question. Too bad I can't answer it! The only thing that comes to mind would be food that is good for the CNS, but I've no idea what that would be.
Perhaps other folks here are more savvy about "brain foods" than I am and will post with some ideas. I'll be watching for the answers as I'll begin eat it, too!
In the meantime, you could go over to the Complimentary Medicine Forum and ask them. They know all sorts of good natural stuff about anxiety and perhaps know of foods that can help.
If they have some answers for you, please come back and share, OK? Thanks
Peace
Greenlydia
I also would love to hear some answers on this!  Unfortunately, I, like lydia will be of no help to you...lol.  I could tell you things to AVOID to lessen anxiety, but that's all been covered here before...this is a new angle on the food topic!
Peaches are good, they contain a natural sedative that helps with anxiety and stress but have other health benefits as well.

Acai berries....like peaches they contain phytonutrients which is known to lift your mood. But most berries are good for anxiety.

Blueberries, Almonds are rich in B12 and Zinc which are mood enhancers.

Chocolate...the more cocoa the better, it release the "feel good" hormones like seratonin, dopamine and endorphins. Maca Root. Salmon, and oranges.

Avoid processed foods as much as possible especially the ones high in fat and sugar.
Thanks mammo for the informative input! At least one of us thought to Google the question!
Keep up the great work.
Karmell0 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
Jade59 commented on ang_811's status
Ashley2985 joined this community
Welcome them!