Anxiety Community
For Females Only

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

For Females Only

okay so im almost a month late on my period and I took 2 pregnancy test, bith were negative.. So why havn't I got my period??
what causes you not to have your period??
Could I have cancer???
I have had that and your hormones can be changing or you really could be pregnate, I would go to the doctors and get a blood test to confirm pregnancy.
Lots of things including stress and anxiety. Moving house, travel, skipping meals, or other illness. Not cancer, don't even go down that road.

See if it comes exactly 1 month after it should have done. I had that happen when I was severely anxious and eating very poorly. I also got a missed period when I did a 40 hour famine as a teenager and I think one other time when I moved house.

If it doesn't come right, then see your doctor, there are lots of more rare and highly unlikely reasons also.

Good luck.
i didnt have my period for 2 years due to the fact that i was working out to much and eating to less causing my estrogen levels to drop dramatically. ive heard that working out more than you used to can alter your period along with stress, which in your case would be worrying if you or pregnant or not. if the test came back negative twice then im sure you are fine, like Pum said i would wait for next months period before going to a doctor.
Anxiety will wreak havoc on your cycle.  As can other things.  Unless you were very early on in a pregnancy, you can trust the test results.  I think it is time to see your OB if you haven't, as you've had this same issue every month it seems.

Also...to be quite straightforward...you've posted about a few pregnancy "scares" in the past...and to state the obvious....pregnancy is VERY easy to prevent.  You need to make VERY sure that if you are NOT willing to accept a pregnancy at this point...that you are taking the responsibility to prevent it.  It is unfair to  several people for you to neglect using proper birth control when you clearly are NOT interested in becoming pregnant!
okay so I guess I do deserve the lecture... but you have to understand that what is done is done and all I need is someone to put my mind at ease on why I have missed my period... I can't afford a doctor right now, and I have health anxiety... so of course I think there is something horribly wrong with me..
My periods have never been regular, they have always been late, just never this late, I have never missed one,except for when I was pregnant, and the two test I've took have ruled that out... So please, you can be annoyed with me, thats fine, and I appoligize, but seriosly I am really worried, and like I said before I can't afford a doctor right now... so please someone anyone help me im desperate, and scared.....
I am in no way "annoyed" with you...I was just I suppose stating the obvious....a person with severe health anxiety as you have....just simply shouldn't be taking those types of chances is all...especially if you cannot afford medical care and are not interested in bringing a baby into this world.  Basically, by not protecting yourself...you are just adding to your own anxiety.  ANYWAY...nuff said from me about that......

Honestly...it seems as though you have always had cycle issues...I wouldn't give it a second thought.  Also, remember...that anxiety WILL screw up your cycle something awful.  THAT would be my guess.

As long as you are not having any type of pain, or discharge...then I would wait it out a bit more.  If you don't get it within another week or so...then I think you may have to try to find a way to see a doc.

In nooooo way whatsoever does this indicate a serious problem.  Menstrual cycles can be very very erratic....and you already have a history of that.  The slightest thing (anxiety, diet, etc) can affect the cycle.

Just please.....don't take anymore chances, okay?  You would just be complicating things 10 fold...and every month, you are going through these "scares"... you are torturing yourself.  Be safe.  try to relax, you're just fine.
Could you have cancer? Well, of course you could! You could also have a brain tumor, diabetes, epilepsy, Alzheimers..............so could we ALL. But you don't have any of those things. You've got a couple of missed periods and the tests have proven you are NOT pregnant. I guess I've missed a post or two, so I might be behind the eight ball here, but what nursegirl has said about how easy it is for our hormones to go wonky on us is classic. Apparently this is not the first time you've been late, but you state you've never been this late before. Think back to those other times when you were late. Did you work youself into a lather then? Or did you just kinda cross your fingers and hold your breath like we've all done at one time or another. This time you've gone a wee bit over the line and now your anxiety is no doubt the culprit in keeping your period at bay.
My guess is that as long as you aren't having any other symptoms, no pain or discharge or bad cramping, then wait it out. You need to try and relax, I know, I  know.....easier said than done. Soaking in a very hot bath will often bring on a late period. You could give that a shot. I'd wait for a bit longer as has been recommended already and I bet you'll get your period soon. It will no doubt be a real "gully washer" so be sure to have the elephant size pads or tampons at the ready. I know you're scared. Most of us have been there.
One other thing that will often bring on a period is to plan a lovely evening out with your boyfriend and WEAR SOMETHING WHITE! You'll be so relieved you got your period, you won't care that it's also the most embarrassing moment of your life!
Peace
Greenlydia  
OMG....that is the TRUTH!

Charlotte.....take lydia's advice...go out wearing white pants and nothing in your purse (hey, public restrooms always have those fun machines...just think...you could take care of it all with 4 quarters!  A female menstrual supply and one of those flavored flow-in-the-dark condoms......)

WA-HOO!  Guarantee you get it!

Check back!

Oh...and I dunno if the same holds true for internet forums as does for women in the same household, but if so...I'm doing my part as of about an hour ago, sister!  >:0(
Even tho I am a very fortunate post-menopausal woman, (YAAAAHOOO!) I DO remember that while I still had periods, ALL the women WOULD eventually cycle at the same time. I found it fascinating. And you could always count on someone having an extra tampon!
Ever remember BEFORE everyone was in cync and you got your period and had nothing with you............you'd go around to all the women asking if they by any chance had a tampon. Everyone would immediately start rummaging through their purses and sure enough, someone would find one. And it didn't matter at all that it had been in the bottom of their purse for 2 years, had no wrapper left, the cardboard inserter had disentegrated long ago, it was half "inflated," had bit's and bobs of god only knows what stuck all over it and the string was missing! We'd whoop with relief as we ran for the bathroom and push it "up there" with a number two pencil. Good times, eh girlfriends?
Charlotte...........you got those white pants on yet?    
TinaR10 commented on veronica0808's status
6 mins ago
breney09 added the Pregnancy Tracker
1 hr ago
breney09 added the Mood Tracker
1 hr ago