Anxiety Community
For those taking Seroquel (Quetiapine)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

For those taking Seroquel (Quetiapine)

Hello Everyone!  Anyone have positive effects on Seroquel for GAD?  I know it's an anti-psychotic for Schizophrenia and BP1 & 2.  I have read everything I can find on this drug.  

I have been given 25mg a night for GAD that has developed over the last 5 months.  I have a history of severe depressive episodes and have been on Effexor for yrs (300mg/day).  The depression has been held back relatively well but the GAD and some symptoms of depression are creeping in.  

My question is that my Doc is a GP (not psychDoc).  Yes I know I need to maybe start seeing a good Psychiatrist to get to the bottom of my Anxiety and Depression.  Doc suggested Seroquel and starting on a very low dose...to aid with my Effexor.  My problem is that the Anxiety is bad...effecting my work and life in general.  I am frustrated with taking baby steps.  What is the dose for treatment of such disorders and not just a low dose for sleeping?  I hear 25mg is really not high enough to be effective for GAD or anything else other than a sleeping aid (why anyone would take a anti-psych for a sleep aid is beyond me).  I hear that 200-300 mg is the dose for treating GAD, BP, and depression.   I will be seeing my doc tomorrow to discuss increasing the dosage.

Any input from anyone on the "front lines" would be awesome!

Cheers!

b
Hi.  My dosage of seraquel was just ramped up to 150 from 100.  You are right. 25 is a very low dose.  I would discuss ramping up with your doc.  Good luck
Hey There Sue...

Yes I agree too (and I am horrible for being a self diagnoser/treater lol).  But I have read a lot about this drug and I think your right.  You mentioned before that it makes you drowsy.  Hell yes!  I have started taking it earlier in the evening also.  Cheers for your input!

B
I took 25 mg of Seroquel for GAD and it did wonders! I took it for a year and recently got off because my stresses are gone.
i was on 100 mgs a nite..it made me a zombie but slept real good..also put me into tracardia 140 bpm at rest was took off it,,..
gymdandee Great Comment
remar commented on Doctors Appt.
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...