For those taking Seroquel (Quetiapine)
Hello Everyone!  Anyone have positive effects on Seroquel for GAD?  I know it's an anti-psychotic for Schizophrenia and BP1 & 2.  I have read everything I can find on this drug.  

I have been given 25mg a night for GAD that has developed over the last 5 months.  I have a history of severe depressive episodes and have been on Effexor for yrs (300mg/day).  The depression has been held back relatively well but the GAD and some symptoms of depression are creeping in.  

My question is that my Doc is a GP (not psychDoc).  Yes I know I need to maybe start seeing a good Psychiatrist to get to the bottom of my Anxiety and Depression.  Doc suggested Seroquel and starting on a very low dose...to aid with my Effexor.  My problem is that the Anxiety is bad...effecting my work and life in general.  I am frustrated with taking baby steps.  What is the dose for treatment of such disorders and not just a low dose for sleeping?  I hear 25mg is really not high enough to be effective for GAD or anything else other than a sleeping aid (why anyone would take a anti-psych for a sleep aid is beyond me).  I hear that 200-300 mg is the dose for treating GAD, BP, and depression.   I will be seeing my doc tomorrow to discuss increasing the dosage.

Any input from anyone on the "front lines" would be awesome!

Cheers!

b
Hi.  My dosage of seraquel was just ramped up to 150 from 100.  You are right. 25 is a very low dose.  I would discuss ramping up with your doc.  Good luck
Hey There Sue...

Yes I agree too (and I am horrible for being a self diagnoser/treater lol).  But I have read a lot about this drug and I think your right.  You mentioned before that it makes you drowsy.  Hell yes!  I have started taking it earlier in the evening also.  Cheers for your input!

B
I took 25 mg of Seroquel for GAD and it did wonders! I took it for a year and recently got off because my stresses are gone.
i was on 100 mgs a nite..it made me a zombie but slept real good..also put me into tracardia 140 bpm at rest was took off it,,..