Freaking out!
I might have fibromyalgia so I don't know if this is part of that or if I am having some anxiety issue or both. My body hurts and feels numb at the same time. The numbness is kind of freaking me out. It makes the pain and when I touch myself just feel like pressure. I also wondered if maybe I am having some depersonalization issue as that can make your body feel numb as well.  
I wish I could give you a more difinite answer, but I just don't know enough about fibromyalgia and how, besides the horrid pain, it can affect people. You might do better to post on the Fibromyalgia Forum and discuss with other people who have this if they experience what you do.

Depersonalization I know quite personally. I've suffered hundreds of eopisodes during panic attacks, or perhaps it was the depersonalization that brought on the panic.......it has always been a chicken or the egg question for me. The two seem to happen spontaneously, but I've never just felt depresonalized without the ensuing panic. Again, this might be something other sufferers of fibromyalgia may recognize.

Good questions and concerns to bring to your doctor. Sorry I wasn't more help. I sure feel for you, though.
Hope you get the answer you need.
Peace
Greenlydia
Depends on what you mean by numbness...if it's different places at different times, then, yes, it's likely a part of FM.

I am not clear if you mean your whole body is numb...but i have numbness on my shoulder and / or it can feel like pins and needles.

Hope this helps...
Do you have fibromyalgia? It was all over body numbness. I wondered if it might be my body's kind of reaction to being in pain for so long?
Hi, Welcome to my world, I have had Fibro for over 10 years now, at first they thought it was MS, so had everything, scans, blood tests and all negative. I saw an neurologists and within 10 minutes he said with out no doubt I had fibromyalgia.

What you are experiencing sound like the attacks I have them and they are scary, if you have fibro then get used to it, tingles, numbness, pins & needles, headaches, body feeling like toothache, dizzy spells, IBS, bladder problems, sleepless nights nights when your body sleeps and your mind doesn't, nights when your mind does and your body doesn't with irritable legs syndrome. I do suggest the following to make your life a little easier, if your over weight lose it, cut out carbs and artificial sugars, try swimming 3 times a week or water exercise sessions, relaxation therapy, pamper sessions. There is no cure but the exercise do help, get a decent painkiller I have Fentanyl transdermal patch, you stick it to your skin and its adsorbed through your skin, and change it every 72 hours. In the UK Fentanyl is a controlled drug and can only be prescribed by a doctor, Fentanyl is approximately 100 times more potent than morphine, with 100 micrograms of fentanyl approximately equivalent to 10 mg of morphine and 75 mg of pethidine (meperidine) in analgesic activity. Its a wonderful drug.
There is an anti epileptic drug called Gabapentin which is also given to help with the symptoms, I couldn't cope with it as it affects the chemical balance in the brain and in turn causes confusion, short term memory loss, which Fibro causes and the drug will increase it. I thought I was going mad, I forgot how to drive, I forgot that I had been to the bathroom even though I had just been, it got so back that I was tested for demntia.
The right treatment is out their for you, just take a deep breath accept that you have it but you are in charge and start to live again.

Take care

Pete :-)