Anxiety Community
Frustrated about anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Frustrated about anxiety

I thought my anxiety had gone away and it got worse last night. I was minding my own business and I felt a weird feeling above my left breast. It wasn't like an ouch feeling .. It was a message it to make it feel better feeling. It sometimes is below it too. Mind you I am 21 and totally healthy. So, when feeling this I thought for sure I was having a heart attack, but I survived the night, so obviously not. What should I do to calm down quick? This had me up all night and I was so worried I felt sick.
Panic Attacks can give the symptoms of chest pain, I was having them  randomly just chest pain and my arm felt heavy, I was diagnosed as having panic disorder after about a month I only got it when I exercised and once I learnt it was just a panic attack I just carried on exercising (walking) and it would pass but I thought i was having a heart attack, I just this week had an ekg to make sure and my heart and blood pressure are all fine, I found breathing in and then blowing out a long breath helped keep me calm whilst it was going on and telling myself over and over its just a panic attack. I also found thinking about it brought one on, I came to expect it and as soon as I thought of it Bam I was having one. You should be checked by a doctor for confirmation that it is a panic attack and then you will feel more in control and less anxious when it comes. Good luck :)
it sounds like you suffer from health anxiety, which is what i have as well. the best way i calm myself down is to read other peoples' stories. i know it sounds weird, but reading that others have gone through the same things and have had the same feelings in certain areas of their bodies lets me know i am not going to die or not have a heart attack. i hope this helps.
I too thought I had gotten control of my anxiety and then bam two months ago it came back worse then ever. I thought I was going out of my mind. I went to my doctors and have been trying meds for a month. I have some times where I start feeling more like myself and then bam a new round of anxiety comes on. It is beyond frustrating. I agree with both the above posters. Check with your docs to make sure nothing else is going on. Use this board to remind yourself you are not alone, some of us are even awake with you going through the same thing at the same time.
Thanks everybody.. Knowing other people feel like this really helps. My friend came over last night because i was having yet another "heart attack" got all worked up and sick. We rode around and magically I felt fine. I think its just a muscle pain that i keep focusing too much on. Obviously if I was having a heart attack I would I have dies already and if I had heart problems they would have known by now. I really hate anxiety attacks...i don't know what I'm going to do to. I'm 21 .. I shouldn't be thinking I'm dying every five minutes.
CRSeaside commented on ActingBrandNew's status
1 hr ago
CRSeaside Hi everyone! I was out of t... Comment
1 hr ago
TinaR10 alot of pain lately just co... Comment