Anxiety Community
GAD

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

GAD

Hi.. Ummm.. I honestly do not know how to even start this. For as long as I can remember, I've always been anxious and small stuff would startle me like.. If I touched a can of bug spray, I would wash my hands for about 15 minutes. Or I would wrap my hands in Plastic and gloves before touching any chemical substance that I thought was harmful. In May, 2012.. a few days before my graduation, I went into this HUGE panic attack around 4am. for a while now, I had been having the worse sleep schedule ever. After watching a horror film (Insidious) where the boy gets trapped in his dream, I became really scared of sleeping. I know its just a Hollywood film and stuff, but It scares me so much. Lucid dreaming as well, terrifies me so much. I got over the sleep anxiety but I still get panic attacks for no reason. Or I fear that I will go crazy and that I'll never be able to get my normal life back. I really hate this feeling. I'm 18 years old. (I'm a guy) and... I cry until I laugh. Because of how I feel. I get so angry that I cry, and I cry so much that it makes me laugh. I read so many of these Discussion group things and it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. But I would LOVE to get rid of this F*cking feeling. It interferes with my every day life. Please.. anyone.. help me. Im tired of feeling this way. This gives me the worst insomnia!
Time to go see a doctor, and be referred to a therepist as well.  I have dealt with this very thing for years, and there are solutions out there.  It will take time, as all things do, so be patient.  you not only display anxiety, but symptoms of obsessive-compulsive behaviors, which is not unusual in cases like yours.  so, get to the doctor... help is on the way... :)
mishymoshymarcy ... Comment
Truth in Olive Oil
14 hrs ago by gymdandee
The Other
17 hrs ago by The_Other
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms