Giving up on this so called anxiety
I am sick of this no matter what I do my symptoms will not go away I have done what the dr has told me to do and have tacking the meds but my symptoms are still there I'm done with it all I am going to face the flacked I will be like this for the rest of my life
Hi - Yes, you could be like this for the rest of your life. It *****, believe me - I know! I have been dealing with anxiety for nearly 23 years now (Oh Lord, am I really that old?!?!) so I have realized it will always be a part of me. I just recently went on meds because like the fool I was I thought I could control it by myself but I can't.

The thing is, meds can only do so much if there is an underlying reason for the anxiety. I don't know your story so I am not going to assume what you have or haven't done but I know talking about what's going on and what is triggering my symptoms seems to shorten how long I stay in the cycle.

HUGZ - You will get through this! At least the episodes don't last forever! Our brains can't stay heightened for too long... Thankfully! Keep talking and BREATHING... Long breaths in and out do a lot when you feel anxious.
Ricky, you haven't been taking the meds that long, have you?  Anxiety treatment takes time my friend.  You aren't going to be completely rid of anxiety in a short period of time.

Plus, an anxiety disorder is chronic, meaning...you will always have to deal with anxiety on some level..probably forever.  Now, that doesn't mean that you will suffer to this extreme every day..I've had severe anxiety and panic all of my life...and while it stinks, and while the bad days are bad...I've had WAY more good ones than bad.  When I buckled down and started learning, and fighting and trying, I reclaimed my life in a huge way.

Treating anxiety is largely trial and error...you have to continue working until you see some results.  Giving up on anxiety isn't going to make it go away...if anything, it will probably only make it worse.  This is something you have to deal with if you want to get it to a manageable place.

Being frustrated is normal...re-channel that anger into something positive..get angry with the anxiety...that will give you more determination to fight that much harder.  Patience is a must...as hard as it is...you have to dig deep to find it.
Ricky has a more recent post in another forum suggesting the doc's analysis is incorrect. Perhaps you can help him with an answer there too, since no one has answered his post.
Thanks, birdie, I'll check it out.