Going from 75 mg zoloft back to 50 mg
I was doing pretty good on 50 mg of zoloft after 6 weeks but had a small amount of anxiety still there.  Doc said let's try 75 mg and if side effects too bad I can go back to 50 mg and he would expect some more improvement on the 50, plus I am using CBT.

The side effects have been pretty crummy this second week - tremors on and off all day -- a very drugged drowsy feeling -- I felt lots better on the 50 mg.

Will I have withdrawal symptoms dropping back to the 50 mg after only 2 weeks on the 75 mg.
Need expert opinions!!

Went back to the 50 mg and the shakiness and increased anxiety that started with the 75 mg is still hanging on but at a lower level.

I keep getting panic flushes for no reason and have a tense stomach and shoulders.  This has been going on for about 2 weeks.  I am still doing everything -- even went on a flight for work the last two days.

But I feel like I have really gone down hill with my anxiety progress.  I want sooooo bad to figure this out.

The zoloft helped so much with my mood and energy and for awhile I thought I had the anxiety under control at about 95% :)

Now I am all discabobolated :)  

Do I try the 75 mg again and see if the side effects go away --- last time I waited two weeks and it did not get better.

Do I really have to give up on the zoloft -- I hate to start over on something else.

What do you guys recommend????
Recommend you talk this over with doc or your pharmacist to make sure 1 week was long enough trial to be on 75. Or did doc say side effects at 75 should last less than 1 week?
Thanks --- I talked to my doc and some of my "issues" such as the hot flashes and racing heart may in fact be menopause symptoms.  So it is a toss up on which dose to take -  50 is good ---- but I hope a little more would be better.  I am going to try creeping up to the 75 mg slowly --- try 67.5 at first to see what happens.  AND have patience with the side effects :)
How are you doing?
That is what I think is part of my problem is the whole pmmd or perimenopause, yipeee for me!!
I am doing pretty good -- but would like to be doing better :)

For some reason I thought I was doing really good on the 50 mg -- just a little anxiety here and there.  Then when I tried the 75 mg to see if I could get rid of the rest of the anxiety --- panic like surges, hand tremors and a zoned out feeling came the second week.  Doc says okay go back to the 50 mg and I would use my CBT skills to deal with the remaining anxiety.  But after a couple weeks, it seemed like the anxiety was still stirred up --- panic attacks back that I had gotten rid of!!!

The zoloft has been effective in improving my energy level, my mood so I can handle the anxiety, and I sleep really good now.  So I think it has worked for me to some degree.  But I still have the darn anxiety.

I don't let the anxiety keep me from doing anything -- but it takes a lot of positive self-talk and determination to keep it from dragging me down.

So I am trying to creep up the level of zoloft -- have been taking 67.5 mg for the past four days.  

Anyone have any suggestionis, opinions, comments :)  I love to learn what has worked for others.  

Am I on the right path???
Questions for those with more experience with using zoloft for anxiety:

Does the zoloft eliminate all anxiety or does it just give you a foot hold so you can use CBT and other tools to overcome the rest of the anxiety.  That is the guidance I have been given by my therapist.

How do you know if the remaining anxiety is caused by a side effect of the zoloft or is the original anxiety that is still there?

Is it part of the process to go up and down with the anxiety?  Some days I feel like I am close to 100% -- then the next day the anxiety could be back.  Could be hormonal changes I guess??
I know all the years I was on it, I had very few panic attacks in the 12 years with some anxiety still. I don't think it would not be normal to have some anxiety that is just life!! Glad to hear you are creeping up on the zoloft, I do believe it will help you, just stay positive....Just try not to read too much into it and enjoy life, it does sound like you are!!
Thanks!!