Anxiety Community
Good Medication

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Good Medication

Hi to everyone I have just read many replies to the question about best medications, and I can only tell you what seems to be working for me.  As Ryan suggested I am on a Tricyclics (Brand Name Endep) also known as Elavil.  This is an older type medication, but after 12 days on Luvox SSRI I was so sick, and I thought I was going to die, even phoned LifeLine!.  I was not able to eat anything or keep any food down and for the first time in my life ever just wanted to end it all!!.  I can tell you never again so long as I have got breath in my body will I take an SSRI form of medication.  The Endep is so much gentler to my system, I have been able to eat and finally starting to force some solid food into my very underweight body.  I guess the only thing that I do find with it is that I feel a bit zonked out in the mornings, I am only taking 25Mg and been on it for 4 days but so far so good.  I do not inted to increase the doze and I seem to be managing my anxiety and am reasonably function.  God Bless all in your journey to good Health.
Thank you Ryan for your support and most valuable information.  I understand about the dosage and my Dr.has given me permission to increase it If I feel the need since my problem is anxiety and I didnt really know what depression was until I sampled Luvox.  All I know is I am so grateful and that there is healing taking place and my intake of solid foods has improved each day.  As I suggested to another post I eat small amounts regularly throughout the day to build up my system. God Bless everyone in your journey to full health.
my mom is taking this drug now been on it a month and her anxiety is so much better she takes 50mg at night only very sleepy next day buit seems to help her shes also taking .25 of klonopin in morning and at night . shes coming off her night dose and will soon come off the morning of klonopin so i hope the elavil will keep her anxiety under control. i took this med years ago i think for bad headacks, but sounds like a great med for anxiety so far, good luck let us know how it goes .Barbara
You obviously know your stuff, so they're can be no rational debate re: scientific proof --
I can only state my personal experience with Paxil 20mg/day for GAD.  It worked.  Agreed, SSRI's in general are
bad solutions for anxiety conditions, I've tried numberous medications with various degrees of mild success.  Paxil is the
only one that did not increase anxiety to any degree whatsoever.
Frenchies commented on Long standing dry mou...
1 hr ago
Paxiled commented on  Weight Loss Drinks ...
Angelinaaa commented on Long standing dry mou...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms