Got the fear again!!
Well, the fear of illness and dying is back again, just before Christmas, woohoo!!

How can I stop the fear though if there is a physical symptom to worry about?

Could anyone out there could shine any light on whats happening to me at the moment.

I am 22 years old, I dont smoke, dont drink, not sure that I do as much exercise as I should but im very slim anyway. My problem is that ive been having some strange visual problems over the past month or so, please could you let me know if you have ever experienced anything similar. I have had the occasional flashing light and lights following my eyes (like when you wave a sparkler around) but the most disturbing thing is that sometimes, when I look straight ahead I see small black patches in my peripheral, when I try to look at the black patch it dissapears, its only ever in my peripheral. Do I need to worry about this, I went to a neuro and he said that it was probably just a form of migraine, but I dont really get headaches with the visual stuff, could I have a constant 24/7 occular migraine? Ive got such a big phobia of strokes, im scared that ive got a big clot in my brain or something. Dont know why I have this stroke phobia but its just awful. I wish dying wasnt so scary.

Thank you for any replies.
wow you sound like me...im 24 years old and i am constantly thinking i have something wrong.  Those dark patches you see in your vision, i have them also and the dr told me they are called floaters and arent a big deal.  I have a fear that something is wrong with my hear teven after 3 EKG's came back normal.  Just a few days ago i was convinced i ahd a blood clot in my leg.  Now I am waking up at night with these horrible panic attacks.  Ayways just wanted to let you know you are not alone.
You didn't mention if you've actually saw your eye doctor regarding the flashing lights you see.  If you haven't, I highly recommend it as your vision is nothing to mess around with.  Meggietodd is correct.  The darks spots are called floaters.

I'm sorry most of us go through that fear of illness and dying stuff.  I call every strange lump or bump on my body a "cancerous tumor", but I know, of course, they are not.  My PD reared it's ugly head right around 13 years ago.  Before I had any treatment for it, I just forced myself to realize that no matter how horrible the anxiety was, I kept waking up in the morning so it must not be going to really kill me.  My best to you.
when you have panic attacks you get dizzy, see sparks of light, shortness of breath and alot of other things. that is normal and for the black spots in your eyes........i have those too. they are called floaters. typically they appear when tiny pieces of the eye's gel-like vitreous break loose within the inner back portion of the eye. It is not dangerous, you can't die from them and they are very common thhough they are just flat out annoying!