Anxiety Community
Guilt and HIV anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Guilt and HIV anxiety

I have been suffering from a great deal of stress after my sexual encounter with a prostitute.Though I have tested negative for HIV after 3 months I am unable to accept the results.I am still waiting for the 6 months mark to come.I suppose it is the guilt of having sex with a CSW that is ruining my life.But I was single at that time and I dont't know how to cope up with this mess? Professional help costs a lot and I can't afford it right now. I hope you can help me find some peace?..How do I GET OVER THIS GUILT and accept my results and Move on with my life?..plz help!
My best advice is the advice that someone gave to me. Think of your best friend and imagine if he were in this situation. What would you want him to do? How would you want him to feel? Would you want guilt to be completely tearing his life apart, or would you want him to be able to accept that he is human, he will make errors in judgement at time, and that's ok, and to forgive himself? Then imagine that you are your best friend and start treating yourself like you're your best friend. Do you have anyone that you can talk to about this, one good friend that you can tell? Sometimes admission of the event takes some of the guilt away. Also, living in the moment. Remembering that you are powerless over tomorrow, and 6 months from now, and all you do have power on is this moment. So why spending it thinking about something you can't control that's 3 months away? It's not in your hands. I bet that probably more people than you think have done the exact same thing that you have, they just haven't shared it. Take what you can from the experience. Did you learn? Will you do it again? If not, than at least that's one thing that you can check off your list of things that you'll never do again. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, I know what that kind of guilt feels like. I just suggest you don't do what I did and let the guilt affect your life :)
you were single so stop feeling guilty,you havent cheated on anyone but your own thoughts as long as it was safe sex stop beating yourself up over it,the only way you can get over this is to put it down to one of lifes regrets that we all have put it behind you and move on from it we all have a past and we all make mistakes we just have to learn by them and not repeat them.You can do this move on
CRSeaside 2015. God,reliance on self.... Comment
43 mins ago
CRSeaside commented on photo
1 hr ago
CRSeaside commented on photo