Anxiety Community
HELP I FEEL LIKE EVERYTHING IS UNREAL

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

HELP I FEEL LIKE EVERYTHING IS UNREAL

I have been dealing with anxiety for a while now I am 16 years old and this mainly started when i was in 7th grade (12 or 13) where i am just nervous randomly but over the past year or so it has just been getting worse and worse, i havnt been to the doctor or anything about it because i just really hate going to the doctor its not a fun place. i havnt always been like this which is why i really want to feel normal again and it seems to just be getting worse with time and it really scares me about a year and a half or so ago i got this feeling that was veeerrry strange like i was walking at school and there were alot of people around me and i suddenly felt as if i wasnt really there like everything was unreal or dreamlike it was very scary and i figured lke whoa i must be sick but then it passed as i got back into class. then one night i got it again when i was hangin out with friends after that i started getting it every so often that was back around 7th grade i am in 9th grade now and just about this last summer it came back and now i feel like this all the time its so horrible and scary! i have learned to deal with it alot now but i just want to feel like myself again sometimes i seriously feel like im going crazy or like i will never feel like myself again i feel like and i worry that i have all these different mental disorders, i constantly look up my symptoms online because i just want to find the answer its so hard to enjoy the great life that i have when i constantly feel like i am in a dream i swear everything feels so unreal, like all the time now most every where i go i feel like the only time i feel normal is whne im sitting in my room, or in my house but i still get it when i get up and go somewhere alot and it really sucks i also noticed that i am getting really bad anxiety in social situations such as talking to people looking people in the eye i feel as if my neck is stiffening and i feel like my head shakes. (not visibly usualy i just feel it.) i get alot of muscle spasms as well, i constantly think that i am very sick like mentaly i am soo afraid of getting serious mental disorders

also my memory feels like it is getting worse now i feel like i cant think of what im trying to say anymore i cant ask quesitons in class because i feel really strange and when i talk alot of times i feel like it is not me, like it doesnt sound like me its so scary i just want to feel normal again is there a cure for this problem that i have im really a normal person i just dont feel normal anymore and it affects me in so many ways. i usualy wont be aware of the dreamlike/unreal feeling untill i remember it or think of it then it seems to come right back and i will just feel like i am not there and everything is just not really happening scary!!!

about my memory it seems like its getting harder to remember things such as peoples names even though i know themreally well usualy when i'm trying to tell somebody something about someone or anything like that. i cant focus at all i have the worst attention span eveer and its just gotten worse in this year or two year period.

I mean i  just dont know i feel like im getting dumber i cant stand up infront of the class anymore i cant read in class casue when i do it doesnt sound like me to me everyone tells me that im ok and its just stupid because i talk about it 24/7 i wanna be with reality again and be able to hangout and enjoy my life without feeling like im just not myself THIS SUCKS! helpp pleeeasse

ALSO i feel dizzy all the time my eyes suck too they seem fuzzy and dizzy/strainedi dont know what to do becaues my eyes feel really messed up all the time not that i cant see good i see fine there just seems to be like tiny dots and i just dont really know how to explain but thats one more thing that reeally affects me is i feel dizzy like all the time now its so annoying!
Tags: unreal, dreamlike, dizzyness, crazy, Anxiety
First thing you need to talk to your Dr...there are so many ppl out there with depresstion and anxiety..you are not alone...try going to the Lucinda Bassit web site...she has alots of help ..but u do really need to see a Dr ..or tell someone how u feel so you can get help
I agree with slickaroo that you need to get to a doctor.  Get a full physical (which will most likely come back normal) and then take it from there.  You should then see a psychiatrist...I know you are saying, "heck, no", but seriously, you should.  You want your life back, don't you?  I am sure you can find one on your parent's insurance plan.  It seems to me that you suffer from anxiety and possibly depression.  All of your symptoms are very familiar to me.  They CAN get better and WILL get better with the right help.  Start with your doctor and take it from there..one day at a time.
Medication can help you, I was the same EXCAT way you were, i didn't wanna go to the doctor i didn't wanna take meds or anything, I felt (feel) the same way you described. I'm also young (18) and its scary, but you need to know that your not alone and that you can make things better!
there are tons of ppl on here for support , just like myself, i have made some wonderful friendships.
If you need to chat PM me
Best of luck!
I feel horrible like that too, sometimes. I don't have high energy like that, but I feel like every thing's fuzzy, dream like, like I need to wake up. It makes me very....sick some times. sad. sometimes I just get randomly angry. I don't want to see a doctor about it because what if they tell me thats normal teen stuff and I'm just exaggerating for attiton
Ifirst felt like that when i was 12 like my mind just closed on itself. I could manage until 21yrs then everything went downhill from there i took depression anxiety meds for years. Didn't get any help, I have been to a neorologist and a psychiatrist the meds made me sleep all day. Then one day I fdound out about spiritual warfare and after fasting and prayer i remembered being involved in witchcraft when I was around twelve. Iprayed alot to Jesus and got prayed for too. The improvement is unbelievable my sister is 100% okay and iam like 85% okay. Please go to like an evangelical church they will pray for you. Don't waste so many years lik i did. I was close to 30yrs when I started feeling better. Dontgive up.
I feel the exact same way you are describing. There is a good reason for this. The longer you sleep and stay in the house, the more you will feel like this in the outside world. Take the "Mouse in the cage" senario - what happens when you release a mouse into the open for the very first time in like... years (if they lasted years) I believe there was a case where a very disturbed german or austrian dude (don't quote me on this, but it was big news) kept a whole bunch of kids prisoner in a confined space or cellar all their lives and they had not been in touch with the outside world and were acting like animals. I too suffer from anxiety, and yes.. the test results came back with nothing. If you are feeling "Dream-like" your mind could be lazy (like mines) and needs FOCUS. If you focus on things the anxiety goes away, and you see things as real again. If you want to confuse yourself - you may seek interest in a philosophy course which may get your focus back and relates to issues like "What is real?" :P
I get a similar thing when I'm talking to someone.  Sometimes I feel like i cant look them in the eyes, and my eyes start to feel like they are straining and I have to close them.  I have to make an excuse like man i have something in my eye.  I dont know what that is about.  Also sometimes i feel like stuff isnt real, like especially out in public
hi everyone...ive been smoking pot since the 7th grade every once in a while and im 21 now... but only these past 2-3 years ive been smoking extremely heavily every day every hour... ive been having panic attacks at times and sometimes i feel like im loosing sense of reality... one day very recently.. i was driving and just looking out on the road i felt like i was still high when i wasnt... i felt very depersonalized and lost and everything seemed dream-like and unreal.. i started to think about it even more and that led to a couple of episodes of panic attacks while i was at home. That night i called my doctor and he told me that it was probably my depression and anxiety kicking in and that i needed to be put on meds and start to talk to him... being paranoid.. i went online and started to look up symptoms.. i eventually found a website ( http://www.****************/Depersonalization_and_permanent_anxiety_after_smoking_weed_-t78647-0-asc-30.html ) that had a bunch of people who have been smoking marijuana for a long time who also felt detached from the world... i believe that it is the marijuana + depression + anxiety that leads to what i may be feeling. Im telling you guys this because i know many of the people on this post may also smoke weed and not know the damages it may cause. Now dont get me wrong i LOVE marijuana i LOVE IT!. it was my mistress for many years and has helped me throuigh many things.. but because i enjoy and love LIFE even more.. i am now on the road to recovery and am quitting cold turkey... i hope this post has helped somebody gain peace of mind and if ANYONE needs a person to talk to... feel free to e-mail me at ***@****
the website is steady health . com and since they wont show my e-mail ^^ just pm me.
Cody I have the same symptoms and I am 38. I have dealing with the anxiety since I was 19. I was depressed at 10,  I mean really bumbed out at 10, imagine. What 10 year old is bumbed out. Well, I have all the symptoms, sweaty, nausea, feels like I have twitches that I need to control. I do take medication now, but I am not saying that you should. My son and I went to the beach overnite and I didn't have one symptom until I came home. Try to find out where and when you are getting the symptoms. Is it at school, before school, tests, family. It's something. Whatever it is, talk to someone like you are. Tell you parents, mom, brother, sister, aunt whoever is not going to judge.  By the way you are not going nuts or mental. You have an anxiety disorder and it is fixable. You just need to find out what is causing it, then you can fix it or stay away from it.
I get it a couple weeks before a final and mostly coming home because it is crazy in my neighborhood. Any way you aren't alone.
Where are your parents in this?

I think because you are a minor, we should be very, very careful with you. You are discussing such important personal health issues and I can't help but think you should be talking to your parents first and if not (for whatever reason) find an advocate (school advisor/counselor?).

Just my opinion but any advice on your medical health, any diagnosing you, or comparing you with what other people have is... well wrong. Because you are not an adult I worry for you. Please look to the adults in your life for this, please.

Take care

This actual thread is pretty old....so I'm not entirely sure the original poster is still even around.

But..fwiw..I agree about discussing these types of things with minors...it's important that they find an adult in their life to turn to and confide in.
I am still young at the age of 17 but i have had alot of experience with anxiety/ depression. I found for myself that one of the best things that helped me  was exercise. While doing it your heartrate can go up and make you more anxious but long term it helps. Also always have hope, Pray, Talk to someone but dont give up. Always expect to get better because you will. And people who suffer from anxiety and depression often are of higher intellegents. This advice is coming from someone who is currently suffering from anxiety/depression myself. Mine first started when i was 12 and i beat it.I was over it for about 2 years when i got in a car crash which brought it back. i am hopeful i will recover fast this time around.

List of symptoms i have gone through-
-Mindblankness( feels like you cant think or control your thoughts)
-Unreal feeling( you feel completely disoriented)
-dissy and lightheaded(Got this symptom bad 2nd time)
-Depression(tired/ Losing hope)

Thats just a small list of what i have gone though, There have been points where i felt i was going crazy and points where i thought i was dieing. IT ALWAYS FEELS LIKE ITS NEVER GONNA GET BETTER///////BUT IT WILL!!!!!!!!

I Hope this gave you hope or any kind of help, Please feel free to email me at ***@**** if you have any questions or just wanna talk and remember im going though the same thing so it would help us both to talk about it. Good Luck
Email>>>H>E>A>R>S>I>E>C>R>@>Y>A>H>O>O>.>C>O>M
i have excactly the same symptoms.When I felt my heart wasent beating right or as if something was pushing against my heart and i couldent breath i had gone to hospitals and they checked vitals and did EKG(is a simple test that detects and records the electrical activity of the heart) cause i was having breathing problems and if it wasent my lungs i thought probably my heart wasent beating right and it would mess with my breathing i assumed,but evrything was normal they gave my anxiety pills for a feeling that felt like it was killing me i mean come on. Sometimes i get an arritated asophugus when i eat on my left side i thought that might be a hernia that changing the pressure with my breathing, i dont know havent got checked for it.But theres times my head felt dizzy and pressured and foggy and you just dont feel you have anything going on in youre head  just a big blank when im speaking i still know what im saying natrualy but at the same time i feel like speaking but how when my head feels blank im in and out and i feel like im gona faint or pass out. I have had anxiety and now depression cause i cant find out whats wrong. and it also started at age 12 with anxiety first "its crazy evryone starts at that age" anyway it went on till i was 17 and it stoped for 5years now its back but with the syptoms (symptoms) you said cody81.Sometime i would eat and as the food gose down the pressure would change to wher my breathing would slow down and almost as if my body wanted to stop breathing and a confused feeling at the head wher you see dim colors or( youre pulse in youre eyes), anyway ive had head pressure and light headedness sometimes i looked to my left and right and my left side of my brain gose numb only happend once now i just feel alot of crawling sensation in my head at the brain. or sometimes when i look left and right the body feels like it its gonna just drop but the feeling quickly gose a way.But i do feel confusion when i look at things, I mean i know what they are but at the same time u just feel like you dont know it likes looking at a tool youve never seen before and you wanna ask what it dose that type of confusion.all I can say i probably need to get my head checked up by a brain and spine specialist. iv fought a lot of punks that messed with younger kids and ive have been hit to the head alot but its always came out good  in the end so i might just have to go get my head checked up by a specialist.I hope you've found help cody if not try to finding a specialist that knows about the brain and spine, cause the brain and spine obviously have alot to do with regestering data to the brain to work correctly so that wher you get the feeling  IS what ive been told though.but watch out for normal doctor usually they just assume its youre anxiety and depression if youve have history of it.Its happend alot to my twin. I wish you good luck
I have felt the same way. It feels like your are in a dream... everything seems so unreal and then it scares the hell out of you. You start to think somethings wrong with you and that you mite be going crazy or insane. You feel like no one can relate to you and it makes you feel ostracized. For a long time I thought I was the only one who felt this way and I had all these unnamed feelings. Then I found out that it was just anxiety. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one feeling this way, all these people feel what you feel. All you have to do is chill out and try not to worry, if you worry you're just going to freak out more. For anyone else out there who reads this you are not alone.  Peace to all!
It's been a year now since you wrote about your situation cody81 and I really hope and pray that you are not having this problem anymore. I, myself, have suffered the same symptoms that you mentioned. I'm 27 y/o now and everything started when I turned 24 (3 years of constant worry now) and the worse for me is that I'm expected to act mature and responsible since I'm an adult now and I have to work and have all these plans.

Well, what I want to tell you is that you don't have to feel like you're the only one, I suffer from feelings of unreality, I know what they're like and I hate them, they make me feel that I'm crazy but to be honest if we were going crazy we wouldn't be worrying about it. I'd recommend you to see a doctor or a counselor and speak to your parents about it. I'm just going to write a few things that help me cope with my anxiety, because all you wrote is a sign of anxiety but check with your doctor to rule out any medical problems that mimic anxiety-like symptoms.

1. Music: Singing out loud to the tunes I like it's a great help to me, I speak French which happens to be my 3rd language and for some reason when I sing out in French I stopped worrying about my anxiety symptoms. I believe that it's because I'm redirecting my thoughts into signing and doing it well, plus I love French. So find an activity where you can focus all your thoughts on and enjoy it, might be painting, drawing, dancing, something you truly enjoy. It will definitely help you. Avoid really negative music (heavy metal, rap metal or anything that's too depressing) I had to stop listening to Cat Power because some of her songs, although great ones, are very depressing since she had her own battle with depression and anxiety so I just don't listen to them anymore and that has help me a great deal.

2.Breath really slowly when you feel that way and lay down for a few minutes (relax) and get lots of sleep.

3. Make sure to eat well and get your B vitamins, magnesium and iron (as they are all mood boosters)

4. Make a habit of thinking of at least 2 to 3 things that you're greatful for (you already mentioned you have a great life) and meditate (think deeply) on those things.

5. Exercise or engage in physical activity that will burn you out. I just experienced zero anxiety after having worked for almost 10 hrs standing up (don't recommend doing that) but the point of it is that I was so physically exhausted that I couldn't  think of anything else than getting a food massage and going to bed. I even told my mom that I didn't have time to think about my anxiety then when she asked me if I had experience a panic attack. I answered "I didn't have time to think about it" you see a lot of it is engaging in activities that will prevent us from thinking about it and then worrying about it. Discipline our thought patterns is they key which is easier said than done but trying makes perfect!

Hope and pray this helps you, I know is such a debilitating thing but it's not an illness and you will overcome it.

One last thing, I read once that when our minds are tired of a situation where they don't want to be they withdraw from it and that's why we feel unreal, like as if our brain detaches itself from our feelings to protect us from something we don't want to experience or feel again. I thought that was interesting, think about where you are or what are you thinking when you feel like that. Maybe you're avoiding feeling someway...plus is good to know a rational explanation for this crazy feelings. I used to dread weekends because when I was younger I wasn't allowed to go out, now I dread them because I don't know what to do with that much "free" time since I find no pleasure in going out (I want to avoid a panic attack at the mall or elsewhere), then I would start feeling so unreal Friday nights and Saturdays and Sundays. I hated them and I realized that I was trying so hard not to feel so boring and lonely that somehow my brain would stop those feelings and then I'd feel the unreality thing. It's weird but I hope this will help you.

Keep up and even if I don't know you my heart goes to you!

John 3:16
About 3 months ago I smoked some weed with my friends, I was really really high i think i started having a panic attack which then i thought i was dieing and what not. That night was the worst experience of my life. I will eventually smoke weed again but my panic attacks are just slowing down now after 3 months of feeling as if i cant breathe. Just to tell you now "Cody" i had the exact same symptoms as you. By seeing dots you mean looking in a dark room and you see dots? Everything is fine with you and me, its totally normal. The way I've gotten over my attacks is just dont think about it, I know its hard to picture, but just get distracted.
Ifound this information usefull cause atleast am not the only one out there
i also feel likes its dajaavuu kind off i feel like its a dream and i just need 2 wake up
ive been seen by 2 doctors and also wating for an apointment at a specialest
they said they think that am suferying from axitey and repetertive thoughts and its
anyoing me at the minute its like gone up a ladder for over the last 2 mouths and i
just want to feel normal again but i dont no how to :(
i need some tips on how to cope with it and b the way i am only 14 years of age
so you could imagine how am feel down depressed not going out with freinds feel horbible
i just need help
Dear Cody.
I know how you feel man you are not alone. I have been this way since I was about 13 and over the years it has only gotten worse. I am 21 years old now & its worse then it ever has been. Everyday feels like a dream to me everything feels so unreal. The only time I feel like something is real is if I am in my room. I am married to the love of my life & we have a beautiful 2 year old daughter. But this really makes me sad cause I feel like I cannot give them my all. Over the years I have done alot of research & still have not gotten an answer to why this is happening. I do know some of it is stress and Anxiety. I am so tired of this I just want to feel normal again but I feel like I never will. So I swear to you brother you are not alone. My email is ***@**** if you ever want/need to talk feel free to send me a message.

Josh.
Well I'm really glad I found this page. A couple of years ago I found myself falling into these dream like states once or twice a month, sometimes when I was out and about or sometimes when I was just sat at home with my boyfriend. It felt like I wasn't really there, like it wasn't real and the people who I with were strangers. They used to pass after around 15 minutes, I'd pretend that I was OK and wait for it to be over.
For the past 2 or 3 months though I've felt like this constantly. I wake up and nothing seems real, I find myself doing things like making a cup of tea and half way through it I suddenly realise I can't remember doing it. When I get the bus to places, half way through the journey I think 'how did I get here?'
I know that I'm quite an anxious person, I always have been, but it's terrifying and also frustrating to feel this way. I have a holiday coming up and just think whats the point in going because I'm not going to be able to enjoy it. After reading this page I've just made an appointment with my doctor and I hope he'll be able to help me.
lol. "16 year old man." this condition will mature u hella fast...its almost like life is speeding up. Embrace it for now, Cody; let it be your teacher. However, there are simple ways to try and keep it under control: it may come and go. Stay away from cafien and sugar; learn to let things go: stop giving a damn about things that are out of your control or things that you cant take back. Move foward with life, Cody, but in the mean time watch comedies listen to jokes; make urself laugh. Rent Happy Gilmore and just laughin till u almost die. People are gonna react strangely to the new you, but just remember that they dont have the knowledge that u've accumalated in your years of the depression and anxiety: you will be more advanced than others. Chronic cycling: the evidence of your dwelling on your issues is in the amount that you wrote; you said a whole lot at one time.  This proves your willingness to stay in that box...get you mind off of things.....be creative: write a song..build a bird cage or something. Free yourself from that box you were trapped in. What you go through does matter but the way you dig yourself out is not in dwelling on it...stay busy, Cody..
I swear I was the only one who felt this way, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I'm 18 years old and these symptoms came upon me out of nowhere, which really scared the hell out of me. I was sitting in my kitchen eating some eggs in the mourning, when this big rush of unrealness came over me, I looked around at everything and it seemed like I was high and really started getting scared. My mom drove me to the ER that day and I had tests ran on me, they checked my brain for a tumor cause my symptoms were the same as yours and that's what they suspected, and luckly I was pefectly normal, which made me feel like I was lossing my mind more. It's been 3 months now and I feel like I've gotten better, then again I involantarly make myself feel like I'm getting worse. Just tonight my friend smoked pot and I smelled it and got scared that I would get high and I diddent want to, and crazy as it seems my brain was scared and made me think I was high. So I belive all the anxiety makes you feel like there's something wrong which makes you feel that way, cause I fully understand what your saying. When I'm laying down in my bed I feel normal, I wanna feel normal again so bad I just wanna bust into tears and give up, but I'm teaching myself to chill out and just let it flow so I can ajust to my new perspective of how the world looks to me now. I even went and got my eyes checked cause I thoght that was the problem, but obviously not.
I really hope someone knows what's wrong with us cause I will give anything to feel the way I felt the begging of this year
It's a condition called "depersonalization" and it is a symptom of anxiety and panic. I used to get it all the time but it faded away once I understood what it was and became less fearful of it.
omg i feel like that all the time, i feel as if am permenatly high wen i am not, it scares the hell out of me, i went to a doctor screaming for help, n still they never told me athing about something called depersonalisation, i onle found out by looking on the net, and i think its what i have. i am terrified to leave my house because of it, and although many reserch has shown that its quite common and unharmful, i still cant get used to the feeling, i have panic attaks every day due to this, or at least i think there panic attacks,.
i have been put on medication for this, but still finding it hard to cope with, so i really no how u feel, it can onle be described as 1 of the worst feelings in the world, it sound mad but i am really happy that its not just me who has it, and other people understand what am going thru, coz ive been to many docs and said to them, please help i feel like am not real any more, n they just thro tablets at u,.i thought for 4 years i was the onle sufferer, and thought i had a brain tumor or something, but this sounds alot like wat i have, i hope u get better and to every1 else out there suffering, the best to u all xx
man i feel exactly as you do. im 16 too and gradually i just like feel like im losing my mind. i used to be so in touch with the world, but now all the dizziness has brought on anxiety and sometimes i feel like everything isnt real and it can be pretty scary. just hang in there and know that it will pass. it is only a feeling, and it will come and go, you just need to deal with it. try to actually bring that feeling of anxiety upon yourself to kind of deal with it on your own terms, not having a sudden unexpected outbreak of unreality. during this time our perception of things change. if you have any mental issues cuz of it, see a doctor cuz it made me think i had cancer or some scary disease like that. really i had low blood sugar. once  i found that out it kinda gave me peace of mind. but like u said, the dizziness and the anxiety is still there and thats the hard thing to get over.  hope this help[s!

I am 21 yrs old now and i have been treating my self with medication.
we are all normal and no one is crazy, its anxiety nothing else and its treatable. I am doing much better, i am still trying to find the right medication cause there are many forms of anxietys and depression.
I am like a lot of other people here... I am going through the horrible feelings of depression, depersonalization, and anxiety.

It all started so suddenly and I feel like it took my entire happy life away from me. I wish I could go back in a time machine and experience my happy life again just so I could take advantage of how great everything used to be.

Now, I am just out of it. It began one night while I was smoking pot with my friends. I had smoked pot countless times and had panicked a couple of times, but never bad enough to realize I was panicking or to even scare me. But this night was different. I smoked, got high and went home. I got on the computer for about an hour then played some video games for about an hour and a half... I decided to go to bed, laid down for 30 minutes and bam. My life hit a brick wall going 300MPH. My heart began pounding. I was scared, I thought I was having a heart attack or I had overdosed (from pot! hahaha) or I was really sick... I tried to wait it out but the next morning I was still having problems.

I went to the hospital and waited for hours (it was when swine flu broke out). After finally being taken back, an EKG was run on me. Nothing. They began asking questions, and sure enough they asked if I did drugs. I told them I had smoked pot the night before (dumb idea). The doctor, who I consider a real ********* to this day, basically told me I was dumb for smoking pot and that I had probably smoked some bad stuff. Then he gave me a piece of paper saying I was having heart palpitations and sent me home. I wish I only had heart palpitations haha.

I began to lose my view of my perfect life. Everything became so dreamlike, that when I thought of something that had only happened a day earlier I would wonder if I had dreamed it or if it had really happened. I continued to have heart and head troubles. I went to a family doctor and explained what was going on to him. He gave me Celexa for anxiety and depression. I took it for about three months and felt like I was the king of the world. My heart no longer raced, my head felt normal, and I did not feel depressed. The only problems I had was that I would feel a little sick to my stomach sometimes even when I took my medicine with food, my memory was really blurry, and if I forgot to take the medication, I would go through something that I would call "tripping." I would see things and hear things that weren't real, but the whole time I would be really happy as if I was high as a kite... this is when I initially began having the "in-a-dream" feelings. I got tired of constantly being on an anti-depressant high because it began to affect my memories and I also did not like the sick feeling I got when taking the medication.

I decided to quit about three weeks ago. I feel a little better than I did when I first started having panic attacks, but I still feel a little off.

I continue to have the feelings that something is drastically wrong with me. I fear I am going down the path to being a schizo or becoming crazy. After reading this, I realize that if I were becoming crazy, I would not realize I was going crazy. But it just bothers me... I feel everything in my body. I can feel my heart if it accelerates or decelerates from its normal speed. Anything that feels different in my body instantly makes me nervous that something is wrong with me. I have no idea why I do this but I can't control it.

My memory is horrible. I can't remember anything. I wonder if it is because I can not focus on anything but how I am feeling but it still bothers me. It feels like I am beginning to have alzheimer's or something, and I am only 18!

I no longer have any kind of drive. I don't feel emotions or anything. I constantly linger on the fact that I want to feel just like I did only one year ago, when everything in my life was perfect.

Suicide constantly plagues my mind. I don't see a point anymore. I am trying to find a psychiatrist but I am only 18. I have no one helping me with everything I am going through. My friends don't understand and I don't dislike them for that, but my parents refuse to accept that what I am going through is real and I need help. Hopefully, 2010 will be a lot better and I can get my life back on track. These posts have really helped me feel a little better about what is going on and now I would really like to see a psychiatrist and get help. Thanks everyone!
Some of you guys should get checked for hypothyroidism.
wow. i have EXACTLY the same the thing man this is weird
and my eyes glaze over when this happens apparently so all my teachers think im on pot.
the truth is, ive trained myself not to notice it when it comes, and it just goes quite quickly, im quite a lonely guy (i have lots and lots and lots of friends but only one of which are close in all honesty) and i think this feeling has stemmed from it, i dont know
i will talk to my mum about it this weekend as she's a doctor.
but dont worry mate ive got the same thing
if you want to speak to me : ***@**** or facebook me (name in the email)
Omg dude omg I stop and get that same feeling like life doesn't exist I feel so unreal and it happens randomly it's very difficult to explain no one understands am I real nothing is real we are a dream what are these feelings we have hapiness pain sadness where does this come from something superior are we fake what is this all?? Please nobody has the answer to this we are like robots cells have certain functions they carry blood around clean our body whatever but what does sadness happiness all these feelings come
from nothing exist to
me we are all
fake!!!!!!
thanks you all for posting. its very reasurring knowing im not alone.
OMG I'm only posting this because I've been feeling the same way for years now I have the same sympthoms and problems as CODY81 for years now I've been feeling like everything is a dream (unreal) it's horrible it has affect my life in so many ways like my relationship that I've been for 5years my job my fun life everything these past years my life has been the worst it could ever be I can't be happy I can't be the real me i also can't enjoy any of the fun stuff with my girlfriend I've been to the doctors about this plenty of times I've gotten An MRI and everything came out normal I've gotten blood work done and everything came out normal everyone is saying that I'm ok an that I just worry about every lol thing it's driving me crazy that I just can't have one person to understand me and how I'm feeling i hate this life I'm living I just wish I can got back to feeling normal again and being my fun self that everyone loved i'm just so glad to be able to know that I'm not alone and that their is other people in the same situation as me and knowing that I'm not the only one with this problem I can only imagine what CODY81 and all of you guys are feeling it is the worst be feeling ever I just wish it would go away and one day I can found out what's wrong with me : (  Good luck to all of you...
Wow, do I know how you feel.  I have had anxiety on and off for many years.  I know your symptoms they are all too familiar to me.  You do need to see a doctor first to make sure you are ok physically.  If everything else cheks out ok, you need to talk to someone who has gone through this.  I am not against taking medication if you need it, but many of those medications have big time side affects.  You need to learn to manage your anxiety.  I did a lot of research and learned many ways on how to control my symptoms.  One thing you can do right off the bat is exercise and to cut down on sugar as much as you can.  Too much sugar in your body can harm you physically.  I hope this helps.  
I have the same exact problem it is very scary especially if you are driving and you start feeling like that. I was on paxil but sometimes I would feel worse.so I got off of it and I'm feeling like that again. What really work is talking with someone who has the same problem cause u know ur nt the onlyone. If u need a friend email me ***@****
cody i have the exact same thing.
i heard its called Depersonalization Disorder. i have been reading about it recently and been watching videos on the internet...they seme to think its like you feel like your living in a dream or things are unreal. i get it too...actually i came home tonight after a night out (i came home early) because i had the feeling and it distracts me so much i have to leave where i am and have to go home.
tonight i was with some friends and my mum and dad having some drinks in a bar when i started day dreaming but to the point where it felt like i was in anotherr world, almost like a fantasy world where everything seems unreal. its almost the end of 2010 and im nearlly 19...this is not how i want to live my life...sometimes it feels like i have been taking drugs (when i havent). im from england but i live in cyprus and i have been having this feeling since i went through a deep deprestion stage. in one day my gran died, my parents split and me and my girl of 2 years split in the space of 24 hours...i think this "depersonalization disorder" comes from a stage in your life where youve been depresed as i still ge this and it scares the hell out of me. im thinking of going to see my doctor when i go back to england and ask him about this but i want to read more first. if you want to ask me about how it happens to me mail me.

***@****,uk
cody i have the exact same thing.
tonight i was with some friends and my mum and dad having some drinks in a bar when i started day dreaming but to the point where it felt like i was in anotherr world, almost like a fantasy world where everything seems unreal and also ive been having minor headaches. its almost the end of 2010 and im nearlly 19...this is not how i want to live my life...sometimes it feels like i have been taking drugs (when i havent). im from england but i live in cyprus and i have been having this feeling since i went through a deep deprestion stage. in one day my gran died, my parents split and me and my girl of 2 years split in the space of 24 hours...i think this "depersonalization disorder" comes from a stage in your life where youve been depresed as i still ge this and it scares the hell out of me. im thinking of going to see my doctor when i go back to england and ask him about this but i want to read more first. if you want to ask me about how it happens to me mail me.

***@****,uk
I+feel+the+same+way,+but+when+it+first+started+with+me....+I+was+sitting+listening+to+music,+when+all+of+the+sudden+i+got+a+strong+burning%2Fpressure+sensation+at+the+top+part+of+my+brain.+It+made+me+wanna+lash+out+at+someone.+I+would+have+to+go+in+a+different+room+by+myself+and+sit+in+a+chair+with+my+arms+folded+on+a+desk+and+my+head+resting+on+my+arms.+Then+i+would+sit+there+with+my+eyes+shut,+taking+deep+breathes,+having++cold+sweats+that+would+make+my+shirt+wet.+It+seemed+like+every+time+i++had+the+cold+sweats+it+would+be+over+shortly+after.+It+happened+almost+everyday+for+months.+I+often+cried+alot+curled+into+a+little+ball+with+my+head+laying+in+my+fiances+lap+while+she+rubed+my+head,+I+would+ask+what+is+happening+to+me%3F+Why+me%3F++Why+did+god+put+me+through+this%3F+I+sometimes+felt+like+that+my+body+was+a+cage+and+my+body+was+trapped+in+it.+But+on+down+the+road+i+started+to+get+a+lil+control+over+it.+I+started+answering+my+own+questions+like...+Why+would+god+put+me+through+this%3F+Bc+he+knew+i+could+handle+it.
i have felt the same way i looked it up a while ago and its called depersonalization disorder i also found a book called "Overcoming Depersonalization Disorder" it has helped me a lot u should really look it up.  
Sadly I feel the same way and It really is one of the worst feelings ever. Even worse than heartbreak to me. And it came all of the sudden too when I was listening to music one night and that was a month ago. At first I was freaking out and I thought I was going crazy. I didn't know what was wrong with me so I was constantly worrying and scared because I really thought I was losing my mind. I still feel that way sometimes but knowing I'm not the only one helps me feel better. I try to explain to people how I feel but it's so hard to do that, you have to know what it feels like to understand. I just tell people I feel like I am in a dream constantly and like I need to wake up. I am just now calming my anxiety down and trying to deal with this. I have depression also. Just like everyone else, I want to feel normal again. I would do anything to feel normal again. I don't want to have to get use to feeling this way the rest of my life. Just have to keep believing everything will get better and stay strong!
THE GIRL BEFORE ME TOOKE THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH...I FEEL THE SAME WAY BUT ITS SO HARD TO EXPLAIN...I DONT WANT TO TELL ANYONE BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO SOUND CRAZY...AND ITS TAKING CONTROL OF MY MIND , I OFTEN THINK IM CRAZY BUT I KNOW IM NOT...U SEE HOW CRAZY THAT JUST SOUNDED... I COULD USE SOME HELP AND GUIDANCE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO I HAD AN ANXIETY ATTACK, HYPERVENELATED  OR WHATEVER BUT...I OFTEN FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO BREATHE...EVEN WHILE SLEEP ITS LIKE I HAVE TO CONCENTRATE ON BREATHING...EVEN WHILE SLEEP..ILL WAKE UP AND REALIZE I WASNT BREATHING...MANN THIS IS SCARY ...IM 17. AND I ALSO FEEL THE LITTLE UNREAL FEELING... COULD BE TALKING TO SOMEONE IN CLASS AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT STARTS TO FEEL UNREAL...AND THEN I BECOME VERY CONCIOUS AND I START TO SAY THANGS THAT DONT EVEN MAKE SINCE AND I BEGIN TO(CANT FIND THE WORDS FOR THIS PART)I GUESS (OVER)TALK AND THEN IN MY HEAD IM LIKE ....NEVER MIND ITS SO HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT I KNOW IT HAS ALOT TO DO WITH ANXIETY.

PLEASE HELP

Hi Cody,

I am currently suffering from derealization, a disorder that stems from anxiety disorder. I have ALL the symptoms you explained.

Derealization is an over stimulise of your (already) sensitive neurvous system caused by anxity. eg your body, mind picks up any little thought or feeling and makes it ten times worse (sensitisation)-all your senses are hightend because your mind thinks its in danger.

Naturally derealization and anxity goes away when your not scared of the effects it gives you, but thats harder said than done as your throught patten unconiously goes back to the same scared throughts. Its very hard to change your through pattern unless you get help, go to a good psychologist or theripist that can tell you that its normal, your NOT going mental and can give you skills to overcome the nightmarish thoughts you so desperatly want to run away from but cant.

Your dizzness, weird vision and memory loss is a result from brain fatiuge. Because your constantly in a state of terrior you mind cant rest and 'think normally'.

Im currently seeing a psychologist who helps me change my thought pattern, and i KNOW in going to get better, recovery takes time and perisitance. I know it feels like your not even on this earth and your going insane but you have to remember its JUST ANXIETY AND IT WILL GO AWAY IF YOU UNDERSTAND IT, AND LEARN NOT TO BE SCARD OF IT.

Hang in there and have HOPE  
everything you wrote i relate to EVERYDAY - im always dizzzy & shakyy & feel weirdddd & yeaaaaaaaaah im only 15
Please to everyone who can help me..on a faithful night, i went clubbing with my friends and we had a great and wonderful fun together. on our way home, one of  my friend asked me if i do smoke weed and i said NO i dont. well he influence me by saying it wont be harmful to my health if i smoke it.. al of a sudden i saw all my friends smoking weed and it attracted me in some ways . so i went for some and in some minute i wasn't in my self.. i see my self in a different world and can't recognize all my friends and eve my mum.. i started behaving so strange that i was trying to control my self but i cant.. so when my friends found out that i am beginning to have a mental disorder ,they quickly got me a tin of milk and took me home. i was still behaving unreal.. behaving as if i am mad.. so they gave me some tabs and i slept when i woke up i feel lil better than before.. And since then i am not behaving real as i am before .. and i don't how to come back normal again.when ever i am in the middle of my friends, my brain stops and i start to behave a lil bit strange . pleaseeeeeeeeeeee i need your help .. i am afraid and it scaring me i will loose my brain.Thank you...
Regards
Popee
Regards
Popee
Hi there i find your information very helpfull. i thought i was goin crazy i wss keeping myself occupied thinking thesr nightmare feelings woulg go away or maybe i would forget about them but they alwsys seem to come back...but i always keep good thoughts in my head but i still get the feeling of complete terror and as if im having a dream which i know im not but for some reason i freak out big time and i just wanna be put to sleep cuz thats when im unaware of the normal world. Telling a doctor seems crazy but they understand like mine does. i had my worst episodes last night i was just getting into bed closed my eyes and just hit the roof oanicking thinking everythin was unreal..eventually i git to sleep and the first thing i did wen i woke up was panic again...it felt like a nightmare but ten times worse but i calmed down a bit but im just waitin to lose control again please excuse the spelling im ising a touch sensitive keypad which is a pain in the backside with these androuds
I feel the same way as many of you. I feel like im in a dream and nothing feels real. I sometimes have thought of what else is there in the world and even if I had an answer i know i wouldnt feel much better. When i get these feelings I feel like i'm going crazy and just want to curl up and do nothing. I have gone to doctors. I was on lexapro and that helped for months but then i had more intense thoughts. now im on a inositol, we got it from the vitamin shop. that hasnt helped much either, but we are increasing the amount I take. I may take prozac if i don't get any relief from inositol. Last November i just had suicidal thoughts, but that lasted a week and was gone for 4 months. Then in March I felt kind of in a dream, but i knew it was reality. That continued until this week. now i feel completely in a dream, i don't want to leave the house either because i feel so depressed. All i want is to be normal again. I'm having suicidal thoughts with these dream feelings too. I know I wouldnt do anything to hurt myself but it is still very scary and concerns me. I want my old life back.
i am 17 also
"my memory feels like it is getting worse now i feel like i cant think of what im trying to say anymore i cant ask quesitons in class because i feel really strange and when i talk alot of times i feel like it is not me"

Yeah cody, i know what you mean. A couple years ago I experienced my first "real" depression. It was the winter of my first year of college and my boyfriend and best friend from high school was no longer around, even though he kind of said he would be. My life just went in a different direction and I felt extremely sad and depressed that winter. Things got a little better after that, I had another depressive episode in the spring, but summer came around and I felt like my life was back on track.

The next fall though I had a "falling out" with one of my closest friends over a boy, and it stressed me out to the point that i developed, (unknowingly at the time), the habit of rumination. I was throwing up my food, unable to eat, felt nauteous even just being around certain people or in certain situations (whether food was involved or not) because I was so
anxious about my friendships being ruined. It got really severe to the point that i went and saw a doctor, and was told my stomach was just producing too much acid. but a year later when it was still going on, (the rumination and vomitting), i realized it was in my head mor than my stomach. Then after about 5 months of this happening on and off, pretty consistently, i obviously was not recieving enough nutrients to my body, I lost weight, felt dizzy, tired, sluggish, and all of this was during a season of college wehre i needed to focus on choosing a major.

Well, that never happened. It got to the point wehre i literally couldn't feel anymore, and it scared the hell out of me. I woke up one morning and couldn't really feel my right hand, and the next day, my left, and i was barely sleeping. i'd open my eyes at 3 in the morning and couldn't tell if i was asleep or awake. My body was so undernourished, but i was trying to be even more active, (excercising a lot and stuff), to try to cope for my extreme energy and feelings of anxiety. I was so dillusional i cannot even explain. I would wake up and get out of bed but feel like I just had to run. I woke up scared and extremely anxious, like i was on speed i had SO much energy, but it made no sense because i was so thin.

anyways, something happened though over those three weeks,..i lost complete touch with reality and who i was. I could no longer talk to people i was closest to, i was aggitated ALL the time, and once the vomitting stopped, everything reveresed, i started eating a LOT, because my body needed it, but also because i felt like there was nothing else i could do.

You know how when you sit and read a book in a crowded room, you usually are focused on the story? well, i can no longer enjoy reading. It takes a lot of will power, and it feels like i'm more aware of the spacing of the words on the page than the actual story itself.
When i listen to music, i don't feel like i used to, and i am a musician so that relaly *****.
I also lost touch with my body, like i lost sensations of hunger, happiness, sadness, ambition..

Its bad. I wanted to die, and i really thought i was going to. I ate SO much more than i should have for months, and overslept, and never went out..and i'm still kind of in that state of mind, because i'm more scared than excited about life. I feell ike i'm in a dream and can't wake up.
Derealization disorder/Depersonalization disorder. Look it up.
Hi, I'm 13, and I have the same problems, it really *****.
I feel the exact same way I thought I was the only one.
I could really use someone to talk to about all of this
Thank god for this forum. i came to here in tears with another panic attack feeling like im in a never ending dream.  It kills me inside so much every second of my life and im so damn happy to see this i feel not alone.  I got this feeling when smoking spice and thought i ****** myself up forever from it so im glad it wasn't that or id be feeling truley insaine.  I went home that night in tears to see i did not feel a connection with my parents anymore and broke into tears because i couldnt feel them like it was real and i still cant.  Its been happening ever since i smoked it about a year ago and still break into tears at times.  Im going to try to get meds from the doctor thank you guys , at least were all in this togethor and can always remember someone out there is just like us, proving this is Real :.)
Dude....dude. I don't know, but I literally have been feeling these exact things. I can honestly say from my point that me and you seem to be in the same boat. Like at school, I feel utterly lost. Like I get the muscle spasms to when talking to people. My mind also races to negative things. The symptom thing... I even did tonight. It's amazing how similar our issue is. Sometimes I think I'll never get my life back, but I know we gotta have hope. Be brave man, I know I will.
I feel the exact same way. i couldnt have described it better man im 14 and just started feeling this recently. it just randomly happened in class i thought i was having like a stoke and from then on i felt really weird and i dont feel like its me when im talking. i feel like my life is a retarded life videogame and im losing... if u find out what u have let me know i have been searching and am going to a psychiatrist soon i think it is anxiety so go to the doctor and a pyschiatrist and get help
Im not sure but it seems like i experienced it just today. I read  some of your post and i want to share my experience. I was not feeling lonely and depress. I was watching a series then all of a sudden i felt so really weird that i cant really explain the feeling. I feel like my head was empty, light or something. I can't explain if its dizziness but it was really weird, and suddenly I got really nervous and my blood pressure got high when i checked it. Im conscious and i can determine that im in my house but it feels really different. I feel that i have some disease that i dont know. It was freaking weird. What is this really?? Can someone help me explain this feeling. I dont know if its because of my allergies for years. But i had it for a about a decade and i just experience this feeling just now.
Have you ever question about the things that is happening around us, questions your belief in religion or your faith, the universe, why are we here, and what will happen next after this life? Is this really the reality? Have you experience thinking of it really deep? Questioning the reality that we see? Maybe this is one of the reason why I felt weird today, seems that my mind felt like im unlocking some wisdom that is forbidden to know and suddenly have a glimpse of it that your brain was having a hard time accepting it or determining whats real or not. Have you experience dreaming that you really feel that your dream is really real? Seems like we are in different reality when we are asleep. Maybe thinking of these things are the reasons why i had a weird feeling in my head earlier.
Check this out. It might help http://www.derealization.org/
You hit *all* of my symptoms literally exactly, only difference which you might not have added for the sake of embarrassment or because I'm the only one who has it is that I have absolutely no libido anymore added on top of this.  Also I don't like doing any activity with anyone in general as it can't be fun, due to the fact that everything feels ******* un-real...  I get nearly no pleasure out of anything, I'm almost completely anhedonic.  

I'm trying to figure out what it is and fix myself too...  Therapy hasn't done anything for me yet, though he diagnosed me with Anxiety and Depression.  I'm not sure why I'm still here in all honesty, the whole point of life is to be happy...  If you literally can't be, why the **** live at all in the first place...  

I'm suicidal but still hopeful...  Barely...  
i feel like this to it was about 2 weeks befor schoole started i smoked weed i then freaked out thought i was dieing ever sens then i havent felt normal for not even one seconed i cry all the time over this i feel like i have lost my self im so scared i am on anxity meds but i still feel so funny just last night i went to c this movie with my friend and as we were walkin out of the movie theater i got this feeling as if i was gonna fall over and i thought i was gonna die likr i was geting pulled out of my body and i feel like im going wacked im not acting like myself no more i get mad way easy and dont want t do nothing go to school clean my room even get up out of bed every time i stand up i get way light headed i just wanna be me again plzzz if u have any pointers plzzzzz help meee)=plzzzz
I was reading this and i know how every one feels. I wake up every day different and some days are okay and others arent. But my question is does any one else feel like they have no physical body its like your body isnt even here at all. I cant feel my hands or any thing i have to ground my self alot like touch things. Some time it gets so bad that i feel like i am floating like i have no legs. I just wanted to see if any one has ever felt like this before because some times its hard for me to do any thing like even eat. please help!
Hi, cody
I also experienced same like thinking and anxiety when I was 13 years old.
I often think like am i walking in the world of unreal and got to much confusion and anxiety. During the time of puberty that means around 12 to 13years to male, there is large change is happening in brain. due to this change and the obsessive compulsive disorder also may decently less to the intense confusion, anxiety and dilemma to take divisions. You are above average intelligent person so your brain react in more complex way than others. you read that all things are unreal like that before.it imprinted in your mind in wrong way. during reading mythological books or religious whatever may be.
Due to the OCD traits(obsessive compulsive disorder) may present in you. that causes most of this symptoms. I also exhibit the same condition. but i am treating it with the anti depressant and OCD medications and now it is under control. during my age science is not much developed to cope the anxiety and OCD. now it is tractable and curable fully.
I personally telling you to contact a psychologist competent to OCD only.
It needs special attention than other disorders. You may be perfections, dichotomy thinking character, hoarding mentality, and social anxiety person. If any of this traits present in combination you need special attention to OCD.
It may orgin from biological and socio~cultural reasons. In your family may have the traits of OCD or same like disorders.so give special attention to this.
there are psychological reasons also exists like you experienced abuses from parents or family members also.
first up on you check physical conditions if nothing exist go to the psychiatrist to check any brain abnormality present with the counselling of psychologist. if nothing found abnormal quite it. If found any abnormality in brain circuitry need special attention. OCD traits to be checked thoroughly by a competent OCD psychiatrist. I will be here to know what progress happend pls send me mail to ***@****.                      best of luck.

U are rite if u guys believe in god he will heal u u just have to believe.. GOD is Good I use to be heal by this anxiety be4 and now I'm BACK and I hate this felling. Like this god ones told me I will heal u and u no what I he did.. but I feel like I let god down but if he give me a second chanc e I will make it right I promise please lord help me I would not let u down again u are my father and I beg u to have mercy on me please.. I want to live a normal life and I want to stay in ur path my lord..

Sorry but my spelling is not good?  
Have you ever done drugs? weed? and are these some of you symptoms?

seizures

Gradual loss of movement or sensation in an arm or leg

Unsteadiness or imbalance, especially if it is associated with headache

Loss of vision in one or both eyes, especially if the vision loss is more peripheral

Double vision, especially if it is associated with headache

Hearing loss with or without dizziness

Speech difficulty of gradual onset
i had (have) that too** everything feels like a dream and my dreams are even more unreal.. i walk in life as if i was floating instead of walking i cant focus on something.. sometimes i forget where i was going, what i was looking for.. i feel so big and everything seems so far away.. back when i didnt felt this way things were bigger, scarier... now that everything feels like a dream im afraid,, cause i feel like i can jump in front of a bus and nothing is gonna happen cause i will wake up again.. i dnt miss my friends,, i miss out on a lot of stuff,, cause i dnt feel like i care at the moment,, buy my real me does,, i feel controlled like im a small person living inside of me and my whole body is moving on its own... the things that bring me back are new experiences, but only when im sorrounded by strange faces, i cant b
with someone im comfortable with or else it doesnt work,, other things are things from mychildhood...movies, toys, cereal (idk i ate a lot of cereal i guess) but this stuff is only good for a little while and i dnt feel like im back completely... what i would suggest is to go out,, watch your sorroundings alone, get in touch with nature,, nevet stay locked in your home,, take a class of something u like,, u have nothing to lose im sure its gonna help and if it doesnt then youll just have to get help :|
Yea I know I feel the same way dont know what to di
I feel the exact same way & I feel like I'm going to feel like this forever. Please HELP ME!!!!! is there a cure for this??? I don't want to feel like this any more its HORRIBLE, please help. I'm 17 by the way. What should I do?? My eyes feel pressure and everything feels unreal. I cry because I just want to go back to my normal self. :'( help!!!!
Wow. I am and have been suffering form these thoughts for a very long time. i am 19 years of age. this all started for me in grade 8 thanks to a tv show that i will not comment on. but in the show thw guy sconvinced their friend that everything ws a figment of his imagination and that when he closed his eyes everythihng dissapeard. for some odd reason that stuck with me and the next morning i woke up thinking i was dreaming. it went away for a few years after, only returning when i was at high stress levels. i have been understress recently and have been diagnosed with OCD. I currently feel that life in general is in my head. that everyone that is helping me is even fake. deep deep deep inside i know these thoughts are lying to me but its the fear that they are true. i am terrified about the unknown. the fact that i can see things (visually, not halucinations) scares me because i dont know how the human eye or mind works and this all makes me feel like everything is fake again. it is a viscious cycle. my greatest fear is that i will commit suicide and relize after that everything was real and i ****** up. I dont  want to do that, but it is so hard to keep going when you think it is fake. I just need to trust someone when they say that they see and think like i do and they are not just all robots. reading these other stories has helped, it has given me hope that maybe i am not the only one and this is just life. i just want to be able to accept life the way it is and stop questioning it. if you all are real plese dont stop hoping. i feel the same way. it is terrifying. this has taken me out of my final year in college for the last week, and ordered off by my doctor for over  month, i cannot take that much time off.  if you feel this way keep the comments coming, it helps.
I'm 16 and my boyfriend is a pot head, iv smoked with him a few times but one night i took 1 hit ONLY  and i triped out.. i felt like i couldnt move , yet my enitre body was twtching. i told 2 friends about it. hey said it would go away and not to worry. scary part is. i triped so bd i felf as if i died... I KNOW I SOUND CRAZY. but really. then i woke up end  feel like im dreaming ever since. like nothings real. like im stuck i a time zone and cant get out. im afriad things will stay this ay forever. PLEAE HELP  i feel insain. :(( i cant even talk to my friends. i feel like its not real, itsnot my voice, like maybe tey ant hear me. PLEASE :( i dont know what to do
I feel the exact same way and I'm 15 and Ii just need help  hate it.... Ugh but I'm learning to deal with it ... But I've heard that forgetti.g about it helps and it kind of does ... The only time I feel kind of alright is in my bed .... Fml ... I do.t want to ggo to the doctor because I dont want to be labeled as mental ... Or crazy ughhh
OMG OMG I'm experiencing exaactly the same thing , specially the 4 symptoms u mentioned in the comment (it seems exactly like I'm the one who wrote the comment), I really wanna get over this but it seems so hard and sometimes I go like maybe I should live with it , since I can't go for psychologist for some family issues and no one around me  understands what I'm saying at all , I felt better when I read the comment
and I have no problem if anyone feeling or have been through can help me , may be talking help as u said
this is my email if you want to contact me
lemon-***@****
Im going through this too but mine is actuallly way worse. Ive been dealing with it for 3 1/2 years and omg its gotten hecka worse over the years and I am about ready to be done;( I have been to doctors, one asked me if I did drugs like she thought I did and so I switched and he was worse he said the ******* word and when I tryed showing him the major anxiety smytons I felt he laughed and said he knew what anxiety was. Horribe doctors and those were from KAISER!;((((( I want my old self back soooo bad and my friend tells me thats what my sick brain is wrong I wont be back to how I was it will just be managed. Since u posted this 2012 LEMONADE880 maybe we can talk.
Hello. To all of you who have been dealing with derealization/depersonalization, I'd like to tell you that you're not alone. I randomly found this website and I think it'd be best if I replied and helped some of you all out. This is my story...it's kind of long, but I assure you there is a happy ending.
I've always been an anxious kid. One of my very first memories was of my dad throwing my puppy against a wall - he was abusive, to say the least. I remember feeling so scared and terrible after that; I honestly think this incident was the start of my anxiety. The earliest memory after that was being in 2nd grade and feeling nervous in school. I became so nervous that to distract myself, I would count every single letter in every word I read in a book. I did this for years, never really thinking anything of it, until about 8th grade. I was kind of an outcast, being that I had been homeschool for 5th-7th grade. While I was extremely smart, no one really wanted to befriend me and I packed on a LOT of weight. In 9th grade, I decided to start fresh. I lost a few pounds, started dressing differently, and began to experiment with weed. I'm not gonna lie - it was great, but I'd feel like **** afterwards. The thing was, I had people to hang out with now, people that would call me and want to hang out with me. After 10th grade, I moved to a new town and attended a new high school. Once again, I reinvented myself, but no longer smoked weed as I found it would increase my anxiety. During the two years up until graduation, I would have incessant thoughts about various things (some were very strange [like I thought, what if the world is a computer? or the matrix? etc] and some a bit sexual [random sex with a random person]). These would bother me, but not to the point of frustration. It didn't get worse until after I graduated and, to this day I still regret it, decided to take a year off. What a horrible decision.
I didn't have any previous job experience because my mom wanted me to really focus on school. Nearly all my friends had either moved to attend to college, or were still attending high school themselves. I was alone, and at first, it seemed great. I would wake up at 12 PM, lounge around all day, watch tv, etc. I managed to get a seasonal job, but that was it.
I can't really say what event set off the anxiety, but I remember waking up one morning and thinking, 'I just want to stop these thoughts.' The odd thing about me though is that I had become so used to the anxiety that, without it, I didn't feel normal. So, I began latching onto another problem, which lead to ANOTHER problem, and before I knew it, I started suffering with derealization/depersonalization. The world didn't feel real; colors weren't as colorful, I felt numb. I would snap bands against my wrist, and one time, I even cut myself to make sure I was awake and not in some odd dream-like state. It was TERRIFYING. All this time, my mom was working and so I spent most of my days alone.
I finally called the Suicide Hotline, and this was my saving grace. I poured my heart out to this complete stranger. She helped me to realize that we are all human, and that we want to understand and know every single thing. However, that's impossible. So, we're left with two options: either deal with it and live life, or constantly worry (death was never an option and never will be). I chose to live life, and so here I am today. This simple revelation has made all the difference in my life. I start school in the summer and, needless to say, I'm very excited.
Many of you feel that you'll never get over it, and if you're anything like me, you hate it when people say 'just relax' or, 'it's just a phase'. Easier said than done, unfortunately. What I can give you is realistic advice, which is this: The road to recovery may be extremely difficult, and at times, you WILL feel hopeless. This is all normal. However, giving up will simply be even worse.
So you're wondering, where do I even start, then? For me, I wrote on a large poster extremely positive (and almost annoying) messages. The one thing I put, and I still repeat it to myself to this day is, 'I am beautiful, intelligent, and STRONG', with emphasis on the STRONG. Not many of us realize just how much strength we have. For one, your mind is strong enough to get you into an anxious fit - imagine if you used the same amount energy towards something positive!
Another step was going outside. I started slow. First, I'd leave the windows and the blinds open. Then, I'd sit on my patio and read or even go out to the local store. Pretty soon, I was walking everywhere! The key here is to interact with everyone and everything; listen to the birds, wave hello to someone passing by me, being extremely specific with what color things were (even making up some names of my own).
Anyway...the main thing I wanted to say is, you are not alone. If anyone would like to contact me for advice, or even if you just need someone to talk to, I'd be more than happy to help. lique11 at yahoo *******.
i always feel like this ,, my body always feels numb and i feel like everything is unreal like its not me anymore. it scared me horribly when it first started happening but ive started to just deal with it . i went to the doctor they told me it was anxiety and gave me medicine but it still does not work i always feel like this and i just want to be normal again but it feels like i never will... i try to explain it to people but they say im crazy when i know im not . i thought that i was the only person who felt this way but reading these comments it makes me feel better that i am not the only one . i absolutely hate it and i wish i could just be normal again . it seems to just get worse and worse and sometimes i feel like i cant deal with it ecspecially at night . i just figured id post because reading this made me feel better because im not the only one
Hi syd. Ive recently just been feeling this way but you are not alone. You shouldnt worry anymore because it will eventually go away. If you change your train of thought it can help you majorly. Here is my email hun! Nikolina.***@****
i need sometips to how to over come the feelings of unreality i get these really bad sensations and i start panicinng plse reply
I can relate to this completely. Days have been like blurrs during the last few weeks, I know what I've done and remember conversations but its like everything else is blocked out like I haven't expirianced anything, its like my mind has has closed on me I'm detatched alot of the time from situations and my feelings sometimes i just feel blank. I feel conpletely useless and dumb alot as i cant keep focus on anyrhing and im forgetting things all the time. My vision goes blurry and I feel dizzy and out of it alot of the time, and lately don't feel like myself and I get the same thing when I speak. I am often zoned out I feel like I'm on drugs but I'm not, It is scary, but I feel comfort after reading more about these symptoms and learning that it is a part of anxiety and that there are others that also expiranced the same thing. Im seeing a therapist about it and I'm keeping hope thati will get the right help & this will all go away soon it is the worst feeling and has hugely affected my life,trying to stay positive. Hope you are feeling better!
Hi, I have felt like this ever since I was 15, when I tried marijuana with my friend.  I have seen a psychologist and he thinks I have schizophrenia.  So he now has me on Seroquel which is not helping at all.  I am so glad that I found this discussion.  I thought I was alone in this.  I am now 30 and not able to find a cure.  I have felt like this constantly.  Nothing has gotten rid of it.  Here are my symptoms:

-dizzy/lightheaded
-memory problems
-unreal feeling
-depression because I cant get rid of feeling like this
-feeling of going insane
-eyesight is very different and eyes are very sensitive to light

there are more symptoms but i cant remember exactly what they are.  I am so tired mentally and dont like thinking.. I hope you guys get better. I promise that if I find a cure I will let all of you know.  I know this is the worst feeling ever.  I will pray for all of you.  
Hello anyone can help my wife's gradpal died I was a Paul bear  after that I got a stomach virus and then every thing went down hill from there I stayed dizzy and unreal like Iam not my self no more I have bad dreams am some night when I try to go to sleep I will wake up with my heart pounding I went to doctor cause I though I had a sinus infection but I don't I had blood work onto I listen to everyone one I went to the er and he said I had anxiety but I stay dizzy n unreal every time I stand up dose any one else go throught I cry cause Iam scared and something I get scared to even go in a store cause Iam afraid Iam going to get worse someone help
this has been happening to me too i feel like im not real nothing was ever existent and im not real like im in a dream i feel like im in a coma and i can't do anything about it, it is so scary but what usually helps me is talking to people about it and if i have no one to talk to i get an anxiety attack
Wow that's the first time I met someone that is feeling the same thing I'm feeling ... I'm feeling exactly what u r and that's funny because I'm in 7th grade I'm 13 years old and it all started at school when I felt like there were slot of people and everything felt unreal! I experienced that too! I have a question for u does it feel like your eyes are starting too Hurt too or racing heart, high blood pressure and being tired, puffy eyelids and memory getting rally bad now like is hard to make a mental pic in your brain or remember what u did yesterday? Because that's what I'm also experiencing and what u have been too acactually exactly what u have been.
I have the same exact problem. I feel like i have no control over anything & i feel like everyones jusr staring at me, its like im in a weird dream. I used to be very social but now i avoid talking to people most of the time because it makes me so nervous. & the feeling always comes back in the same places. When im in certain classes at school or when im at work, i think it happens there because they're both public places with alot of people - i work at mcdonalds. I just wish i knew what was wrong & how to fix it.
Hi, I feel the same way to... Sometimes, everything is like just a dream.. I find no meaning in doing this, that and I get angry easily. I'm like angry with the whole world.. I also don't want to see a doctor (for different reasons) and so far I haven't. But, I agree with the others that we need to see one. They may say that it's normal or that we just want attention, but sometimes it's the truth even if we don't accept it... However, it can also be that your doctor is a ****** ******* that only cares about money or don't know what he or she is doing. So, If you think that the doctor you are seeing is not helping you, find another one, this world is a big one. Not everyone's method works for you and me... But, do give it some time. The problem and our feelings can't just be solved in a few weeks time.. But, DONT ignore it or drag the problem till it's too late..,
Cody, I'd like to tell you there's a miracle fix for this problem, but I can't. You can get on medication and it will definitely suppress your symptoms, but the real issue is in your mind. You have things all around you telling you to fear things that are trivial. I know, because I do the same thing. I even start getting really hot when I feel anxious and get a red splotchy chest/neck rash that when people point out, makes my mind even more hazy. Like I lose my brain and can't think because the fears are preventing me from finding myself. Trying to make me lose myself. I have found a few different ways to begin the transformation of changing this, and it all starts within your mind. You have the power you need to overcome all of these fears, as impossible as that may seem. See, my anxiety is due to unorthodox realities. Not what most people deal with. My reality is, I can feel God. I know, many people can. But this feeling, is more intense, like He has called me for a large task. Once I was in church, and I felt God's spirit filling up the whole room. I thought it was the second coming of Christ, and looked around the room confused. At that point, I knew I was born for a special reason and since I hadn't fulfilled it yet, it didn't make sense to me that it was time to end this painful world, and begin the most glorious journey into the next. I was excited, until I heard God telling me to go to the front of the church and speak. "But this service is on tv, what will I say?" I thought. Then the Spirit said, "You will know." That was far too vague for my liking, and I began to panic and tell myself I was not really hearing God and I was just going crazy. So I began to talk myself out of it, all the while still hearing and feeling an intense push that literally weakened my body to refuse. I became so weak, that I begun to fight to stand up. I lost my sense of gravity, and felt sick, while wavering from side to side, getting worse and more extreme with each time I caught myself. Then I called on Him, and prayed over and over, "God be with me, God save me, God be with me" and as fast as my sense of balance left me, it came back to me. I felt my body and gravity again and stood up still and straight, though my legs were still shaking violently. Then I thanked Him and left. I was not worthy of staying in His house when I had just refused Him so blatantly. What a disgraceful servant. Plus, after all that, He saved me from falling and I STILL didn't do what He asked me to. I was born to serve Him, True Love, Mercy, Grace, Holiness, the source of all that is precious and Good, and my fear has held me back. Fear of looking crazy, fear of having no words, but ultimately, a lack of faith caused me to hear my fears more than God Himself. They try harder with us, our fears, I believe, because we are special, and they know it. Just who "they" are, I am not sure and I'd rather not think too much about. I know it's a form of a demon we hear in us because it's been let in by us. And the more we let it rule our lives, the more we let it in. God is so much stronger than it, we are just too weak to see that. Humankind is not what it was intended to be, but we have to strive for being our true selves. And since God made us in His own image, we were made to have hearts of gold. To love with all we have, to let our love rule our decisions. That is the only way to finding true happiness. Everything else is temporary, superficial. He is there, a part of Him was used to make each one of us. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred. Our conscience, the very core of our beings, tells us that we are inherently good, therefore it is the source of Good energy we come from, the one we call God. And He is God. I was born with a deep desire to know Him, and I am growing closer to knowing Him truly, at my own rate. On lazy days, days I may not feel like confronting wrongs I witness, I let my pain subside instead of doing all I can do to turn wrong into right. I am too nervous, or fearful to confront something which pains me, so I don't. On those days, I am sad, tired, weak, and I do not feel God. Then I grow tired of being tired, and feel that deep drive from within striving to feel God. And then my love rules me, it becomes me. I am no longer full of fears or pain, But of purpose and truth. And though I may be scorned or opposed by many, I know the best possible outcome is to continue and persevere, because great feelings are ahead of me if I keep expanding on my good feelings. I heard recently that every seven seconds of dwelling on something negative puts you farther into a negatively-thinking state. Then, the thoughts become worse and worse, scarier and scarier, and it becomes increasingly harder to get out of that awful state of mind. It has led me to having panic attacks, even in a crowded room where the last thing I want to have, is a panic attack. The same goes with thinking of a positive thought, every seven seconds of dwelling on something positive expands your positive mood and thoughts. Whether you are a believer or not, God IS the source of life, the source of truth, and the source of love. And only with love, can you be truly happy. You want to change your tormented soul to one living with love for helping others and spreading kindness? Seek Him. You must truly seek Him too, it has to be a deep desire in your heart. For God looks not at outward appearance, but at the heart. He will see you, your plea, your agony, your downward spiral, and save you from hitting the bottom. With Him, no matter how long you are submerged in darkness, your ultimate goal will be in the light. True happiness beyond our wildest imaginations. You are special, and worthy of living your life without fears debilitating you. Your demons that are causing you fear, are trying to delay you, from reaching the light. And it's time we all fight back, no matter how scary or insane it may feel, take small steps, but never give up. If you take medication, it will be very hard to come off of it. Eventually it will creep back in and you will need to up your dosage if you rely too much on it. You are in control, completely, you just need to keep holding on, be raw and honest with the world, tell them, "yeah, I have pretty bad anxiety and it causes me to be unable to think completely clearly sometimes. I'm sorry I can't think of your name, but I definitely know who you are." They may judge, and they make laugh, but their judgments are far less than the Source of Good's judgments. He is the one to place your cares onto, not the rest of the world. I know you can overcome this, no matter what, everything you get through will strengthen you. And if you fail, you can still keep trying. That's the beauty of it, we get so many chances to find Him. Never give up, you were made on purpose, for a purpose, and that purpose is not to let fear drown you, that purpose was to keep living, forever and ever. With happiness filling up your soul. I will see you one day, and I really hope I will recognize you as the one I wrote this to. I will laugh with you and smile with you, I am sure of it. Even if you think I sound crazy... I am sure of it.
This thread was made like, 5 years ago but I just recently found it, and I'm really happy that you decided to reach out. Your feelings of being un real have probably felt others to identify with you and work towards the road to get help. I don't remember when I began to feel this way, maybe when I was in 9th grade. I've always felt different, I've always wanted to fit in, and I've always had issues with anxiety. This thread caused me a lot to look more into this disorder too, Depersonalization Disorder. It's like hell, because I know love is the answer, it's a safety and it makes you feel like you're not alone, but the problem is, because of this disorder, it's hard to make connections with people, to look them in the eye and take them for what they are. Everyone just seems like a stranger, like no one knows you, and you don't know anyone. Sometimes even my parents feel like strangers, I know I love them, but sometimes they don't feel real. Also the visual disturbances that some of you experience, I have them too, but they've been diagnosed as Visual Snow. It's like I constantly have a film of static over everything I see, especially in the dark and staring at solid colors. There are just tiny vibrating dots over every single thing I see. It get's worse after I smoke weed or drink, but eventually it dies down inn a few days. It never goes away completely though.The neurologist said It would go away if I went to bed and woke up the same time every night and day though, but common that's impossible haha. This disorder can make you feel like you are all alone, and it's cold, sometimes I feel like I could disappear and it wouldn't matter because I don't seem real, and nothing else seems real. It's sad to know that a lot of people experience this, but at the same time, at least we know we're not alone. This un realness doesn't have to be the reality. Then I think about infinity though and it all goes out of whack...if you constantly think about infinity and how it leaves no room for certainty though, you understand how it feels to never have a sense of direction. The endless possibilities of life leaves you no place to go, but everywhere to go...now I'm just rambling. POINT IS, I'm glad we're not alone, those dots you see all the time are most likely Visual Snow, it comes in many forms,  because of this thread I think I know what's wrong with me, and I'm going to try and look at this disorder in a positive way. Not everyone can see the world the way we do, even though sometimes it's scary. In some rights, it's a gift. It's been said that insanity is just genius. I don't plan to continue to live my life as if I'm not living it though. I think  a comfortable life would be having episodes of this un realness, but being able to live a "normal" life most of the time. I think everyone here should make an effort to connect with people they know they love, even though sometimes it's hard to make social connections with people. Have someone you can trust, even if it's a therapist. I know there are brighter days for us. This is just the first step.
How Are You Any Success Im A Female With A Kid I Think Im Going Through The Same Thing
★★★★★★★★★★★★ ★★★★★★★★ ★★★★
I know what you're going through and you are definitely not alone. What most of you are experiencing is called "personalization", which is a form or Dissociative Disorder. Please google both of these terms and you'll discover their meanings. I have also experienced these symptoms for most of my life (I am 26) and have been diagnosed and treated for this. Please know that you are not at all crazy and seeing a psychiatrist will help lessen, if not eliminate, these feelings.
  ★★★★  ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
i am suffering from exactly same problem i tried many things medicines meditation..it was good for few days but suddenly i realized that i was getting deeper into my problem..i guess there are many others out there dealing with this problem every day..its good to see people like you who are facing this problem with strength and courage.. INSPIRED
i am feeling those exact symptoms.. I think it may be something called depersonalization!
how did you get help for depersonalization and do you feel 100% better
I have the dream like feeling and was diagnosed with dysautonomia 2 months ago
hi! i've been having the same problem where every thing looks like im still high even though i'm not? i had a panic attack where i really thought i was going to die and ever since then i've had anxiety all the timee.  Did you ever find anything to help with that feeling?
Paxiled commented on Study Discovers Poten...
41 mins ago
Jennc01 commented on Is this withdrawal?
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...