HELP I FEEL LIKE EVERYTHING IS UNREAL
I have been dealing with anxiety for a while now I am 16 years old and this mainly started when i was in 7th grade (12 or 13) where i am just nervous randomly but over the past year or so it has just been getting worse and worse, i havnt been to the doctor or anything about it because i just really hate going to the doctor its not a fun place. i havnt always been like this which is why i really want to feel normal again and it seems to just be getting worse with time and it really scares me about a year and a half or so ago i got this feeling that was veeerrry strange like i was walking at school and there were alot of people around me and i suddenly felt as if i wasnt really there like everything was unreal or dreamlike it was very scary and i figured lke whoa i must be sick but then it passed as i got back into class. then one night i got it again when i was hangin out with friends after that i started getting it every so often that was back around 7th grade i am in 9th grade now and just about this last summer it came back and now i feel like this all the time its so horrible and scary! i have learned to deal with it alot now but i just want to feel like myself again sometimes i seriously feel like im going crazy or like i will never feel like myself again i feel like and i worry that i have all these different mental disorders, i constantly look up my symptoms online because i just want to find the answer its so hard to enjoy the great life that i have when i constantly feel like i am in a dream i swear everything feels so unreal, like all the time now most every where i go i feel like the only time i feel normal is whne im sitting in my room, or in my house but i still get it when i get up and go somewhere alot and it really ***** i also noticed that i am getting really bad anxiety in social situations such as talking to people looking people in the eye i feel as if my neck is stiffening and i feel like my head shakes. (not visibly usualy i just feel it.) i get alot of muscle spasms as well, i constantly think that i am very sick like mentaly i am soo afraid of getting serious mental disorders

also my memory feels like it is getting worse now i feel like i cant think of what im trying to say anymore i cant ask quesitons in class because i feel really strange and when i talk alot of times i feel like it is not me, like it doesnt sound like me its so scary i just want to feel normal again is there a cure for this problem that i have im really a normal person i just dont feel normal anymore and it affects me in so many ways. i usualy wont be aware of the dreamlike/unreal feeling untill i remember it or think of it then it seems to come right back and i will just feel like i am not there and everything is just not really happening scary!!!

about my memory it seems like its getting harder to remember things such as peoples names even though i know themreally well usualy when i'm trying to tell somebody something about someone or anything like that. i cant focus at all i have the worst attention span eveer and its just gotten worse in this year or two year period.

I mean i  just dont know i feel like im getting dumber i cant stand up infront of the class anymore i cant read in class casue when i do it doesnt sound like me to me everyone tells me that im ok and its just stupid because i talk about it 24/7 i wanna be with reality again and be able to hangout and enjoy my life without feeling like im just not myself THIS *****! helpp pleeeasse

ALSO i feel dizzy all the time my eyes suck too they seem fuzzy and dizzy/strainedi dont know what to do becaues my eyes feel really messed up all the time not that i cant see good i see fine there just seems to be like tiny dots and i just dont really know how to explain but thats one more thing that reeally affects me is i feel dizzy like all the time now its so annoying!
Hello. To all of you who have been dealing with derealization/depersonalization, I'd like to tell you that you're not alone. I randomly found this website and I think it'd be best if I replied and helped some of you all out. This is my story...it's kind of long, but I assure you there is a happy ending.
I've always been an anxious kid. One of my very first memories was of my dad throwing my puppy against a wall - he was abusive, to say the least. I remember feeling so scared and terrible after that; I honestly think this incident was the start of my anxiety. The earliest memory after that was being in 2nd grade and feeling nervous in school. I became so nervous that to distract myself, I would count every single letter in every word I read in a book. I did this for years, never really thinking anything of it, until about 8th grade. I was kind of an outcast, being that I had been homeschool for 5th-7th grade. While I was extremely smart, no one really wanted to befriend me and I packed on a LOT of weight. In 9th grade, I decided to start fresh. I lost a few pounds, started dressing differently, and began to experiment with weed. I'm not gonna lie - it was great, but I'd feel like **** afterwards. The thing was, I had people to hang out with now, people that would call me and want to hang out with me. After 10th grade, I moved to a new town and attended a new high school. Once again, I reinvented myself, but no longer smoked weed as I found it would increase my anxiety. During the two years up until graduation, I would have incessant thoughts about various things (some were very strange [like I thought, what if the world is a computer? or the matrix? etc] and some a bit sexual [random sex with a random person]). These would bother me, but not to the point of frustration. It didn't get worse until after I graduated and, to this day I still regret it, decided to take a year off. What a horrible decision.
I didn't have any previous job experience because my mom wanted me to really focus on school. Nearly all my friends had either moved to attend to college, or were still attending high school themselves. I was alone, and at first, it seemed great. I would wake up at 12 PM, lounge around all day, watch tv, etc. I managed to get a seasonal job, but that was it.
I can't really say what event set off the anxiety, but I remember waking up one morning and thinking, 'I just want to stop these thoughts.' The odd thing about me though is that I had become so used to the anxiety that, without it, I didn't feel normal. So, I began latching onto another problem, which lead to ANOTHER problem, and before I knew it, I started suffering with derealization/depersonalization. The world didn't feel real; colors weren't as colorful, I felt numb. I would snap bands against my wrist, and one time, I even cut myself to make sure I was awake and not in some odd dream-like state. It was TERRIFYING. All this time, my mom was working and so I spent most of my days alone.
I finally called the Suicide Hotline, and this was my saving grace. I poured my heart out to this complete stranger. She helped me to realize that we are all human, and that we want to understand and know every single thing. However, that's impossible. So, we're left with two options: either deal with it and live life, or constantly worry (death was never an option and never will be). I chose to live life, and so here I am today. This simple revelation has made all the difference in my life. I start school in the summer and, needless to say, I'm very excited.
Many of you feel that you'll never get over it, and if you're anything like me, you hate it when people say 'just relax' or, 'it's just a phase'. Easier said than done, unfortunately. What I can give you is realistic advice, which is this: The road to recovery may be extremely difficult, and at times, you WILL feel hopeless. This is all normal. However, giving up will simply be even worse.
So you're wondering, where do I even start, then? For me, I wrote on a large poster extremely positive (and almost annoying) messages. The one thing I put, and I still repeat it to myself to this day is, 'I am beautiful, intelligent, and STRONG', with emphasis on the STRONG. Not many of us realize just how much strength we have. For one, your mind is strong enough to get you into an anxious fit - imagine if you used the same amount energy towards something positive!
Another step was going outside. I started slow. First, I'd leave the windows and the blinds open. Then, I'd sit on my patio and read or even go out to the local store. Pretty soon, I was walking everywhere! The key here is to interact with everyone and everything; listen to the birds, wave hello to someone passing by me, being extremely specific with what color things were (even making up some names of my own).
Anyway...the main thing I wanted to say is, you are not alone. If anyone would like to contact me for advice, or even if you just need someone to talk to, I'd be more than happy to help.
i always feel like this ,, my body always feels numb and i feel like everything is unreal like its not me anymore. it scared me horribly when it first started happening but ive started to just deal with it . i went to the doctor they told me it was anxiety and gave me medicine but it still does not work i always feel like this and i just want to be normal again but it feels like i never will... i try to explain it to people but they say im crazy when i know im not . i thought that i was the only person who felt this way but reading these comments it makes me feel better that i am not the only one . i absolutely hate it and i wish i could just be normal again . it seems to just get worse and worse and sometimes i feel like i cant deal with it ecspecially at night . i just figured id post because reading this made me feel better because im not the only one
Hi syd. Ive recently just been feeling this way but you are not alone. You shouldnt worry anymore because it will eventually go away. If you change your train of thought it can help you majorly. Here is my email hun! Nikolina.***@****
i need sometips to how to over come the feelings of unreality i get these really bad sensations and i start panicinng plse reply
I can relate to this completely. Days have been like blurrs during the last few weeks, I know what I've done and remember conversations but its like everything else is blocked out like I haven't expirianced anything, its like my mind has has closed on me I'm detatched alot of the time from situations and my feelings sometimes i just feel blank. I feel conpletely useless and dumb alot as i cant keep focus on anyrhing and im forgetting things all the time. My vision goes blurry and I feel dizzy and out of it alot of the time, and lately don't feel like myself and I get the same thing when I speak. I am often zoned out I feel like I'm on drugs but I'm not, It is scary, but I feel comfort after reading more about these symptoms and learning that it is a part of anxiety and that there are others that also expiranced the same thing. Im seeing a therapist about it and I'm keeping hope thati will get the right help & this will all go away soon it is the worst feeling and has hugely affected my life,trying to stay positive. Hope you are feeling better!
Hi, I have felt like this ever since I was 15, when I tried marijuana with my friend.  I have seen a psychologist and he thinks I have schizophrenia.  So he now has me on Seroquel which is not helping at all.  I am so glad that I found this discussion.  I thought I was alone in this.  I am now 30 and not able to find a cure.  I have felt like this constantly.  Nothing has gotten rid of it.  Here are my symptoms:

-dizzy/lightheaded
-memory problems
-unreal feeling
-depression because I cant get rid of feeling like this
-feeling of going insane
-eyesight is very different and eyes are very sensitive to light

there are more symptoms but i cant remember exactly what they are.  I am so tired mentally and dont like thinking.. I hope you guys get better. I promise that if I find a cure I will let all of you know.  I know this is the worst feeling ever.  I will pray for all of you.  
Hello anyone can help my wife's gradpal died I was a Paul bear  after that I got a stomach virus and then every thing went down hill from there I stayed dizzy and unreal like Iam not my self no more I have bad dreams am some night when I try to go to sleep I will wake up with my heart pounding I went to doctor cause I though I had a sinus infection but I don't I had blood work onto I listen to everyone one I went to the er and he said I had anxiety but I stay dizzy n unreal every time I stand up dose any one else go throught I cry cause Iam scared and something I get scared to even go in a store cause Iam afraid Iam going to get worse someone help
this has been happening to me too i feel like im not real nothing was ever existent and im not real like im in a dream i feel like im in a coma and i can't do anything about it, it is so scary but what usually helps me is talking to people about it and if i have no one to talk to i get an anxiety attack
Wow that's the first time I met someone that is feeling the same thing I'm feeling ... I'm feeling exactly what u r and that's funny because I'm in 7th grade I'm 13 years old and it all started at school when I felt like there were slot of people and everything felt unreal! I experienced that too! I have a question for u does it feel like your eyes are starting too Hurt too or racing heart, high blood pressure and being tired, puffy eyelids and memory getting rally bad now like is hard to make a mental pic in your brain or remember what u did yesterday? Because that's what I'm also experiencing and what u have been too acactually exactly what u have been.
I have the same exact problem. I feel like i have no control over anything & i feel like everyones jusr staring at me, its like im in a weird dream. I used to be very social but now i avoid talking to people most of the time because it makes me so nervous. & the feeling always comes back in the same places. When im in certain classes at school or when im at work, i think it happens there because they're both public places with alot of people - i work at mcdonalds. I just wish i knew what was wrong & how to fix it.
Hi, I feel the same way to... Sometimes, everything is like just a dream.. I find no meaning in doing this, that and I get angry easily. I'm like angry with the whole world.. I also don't want to see a doctor (for different reasons) and so far I haven't. But, I agree with the others that we need to see one. They may say that it's normal or that we just want attention, but sometimes it's the truth even if we don't accept it... However, it can also be that your doctor is a ****** ******* that only cares about money or don't know what he or she is doing. So, If you think that the doctor you are seeing is not helping you, find another one, this world is a big one. Not everyone's method works for you and me... But, do give it some time. The problem and our feelings can't just be solved in a few weeks time.. But, DONT ignore it or drag the problem till it's too late..,
Cody, I'd like to tell you there's a miracle fix for this problem, but I can't. You can get on medication and it will definitely suppress your symptoms, but the real issue is in your mind. You have things all around you telling you to fear things that are trivial. I know, because I do the same thing. I even start getting really hot when I feel anxious and get a red splotchy chest/neck rash that when people point out, makes my mind even more hazy. Like I lose my brain and can't think because the fears are preventing me from finding myself. Trying to make me lose myself. I have found a few different ways to begin the transformation of changing this, and it all starts within your mind. You have the power you need to overcome all of these fears, as impossible as that may seem. See, my anxiety is due to unorthodox realities. Not what most people deal with. My reality is, I can feel God. I know, many people can. But this feeling, is more intense, like He has called me for a large task. Once I was in church, and I felt God's spirit filling up the whole room. I thought it was the second coming of Christ, and looked around the room confused. At that point, I knew I was born for a special reason and since I hadn't fulfilled it yet, it didn't make sense to me that it was time to end this painful world, and begin the most glorious journey into the next. I was excited, until I heard God telling me to go to the front of the church and speak. "But this service is on tv, what will I say?" I thought. Then the Spirit said, "You will know." That was far too vague for my liking, and I began to panic and tell myself I was not really hearing God and I was just going crazy. So I began to talk myself out of it, all the while still hearing and feeling an intense push that literally weakened my body to refuse. I became so weak, that I begun to fight to stand up. I lost my sense of gravity, and felt sick, while wavering from side to side, getting worse and more extreme with each time I caught myself. Then I called on Him, and prayed over and over, "God be with me, God save me, God be with me" and as fast as my sense of balance left me, it came back to me. I felt my body and gravity again and stood up still and straight, though my legs were still shaking violently. Then I thanked Him and left. I was not worthy of staying in His house when I had just refused Him so blatantly. What a disgraceful servant. Plus, after all that, He saved me from falling and I STILL didn't do what He asked me to. I was born to serve Him, True Love, Mercy, Grace, Holiness, the source of all that is precious and Good, and my fear has held me back. Fear of looking crazy, fear of having no words, but ultimately, a lack of faith caused me to hear my fears more than God Himself. They try harder with us, our fears, I believe, because we are special, and they know it. Just who "they" are, I am not sure and I'd rather not think too much about. I know it's a form of a demon we hear in us because it's been let in by us. And the more we let it rule our lives, the more we let it in. God is so much stronger than it, we are just too weak to see that. Humankind is not what it was intended to be, but we have to strive for being our true selves. And since God made us in His own image, we were made to have hearts of gold. To love with all we have, to let our love rule our decisions. That is the only way to finding true happiness. Everything else is temporary, superficial. He is there, a part of Him was used to make each one of us. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred. Our conscience, the very core of our beings, tells us that we are inherently good, therefore it is the source of Good energy we come from, the one we call God. And He is God. I was born with a deep desire to know Him, and I am growing closer to knowing Him truly, at my own rate. On lazy days, days I may not feel like confronting wrongs I witness, I let my pain subside instead of doing all I can do to turn wrong into right. I am too nervous, or fearful to confront something which pains me, so I don't. On those days, I am sad, tired, weak, and I do not feel God. Then I grow tired of being tired, and feel that deep drive from within striving to feel God. And then my love rules me, it becomes me. I am no longer full of fears or pain, But of purpose and truth. And though I may be scorned or opposed by many, I know the best possible outcome is to continue and persevere, because great feelings are ahead of me if I keep expanding on my good feelings. I heard recently that every seven seconds of dwelling on something negative puts you farther into a negatively-thinking state. Then, the thoughts become worse and worse, scarier and scarier, and it becomes increasingly harder to get out of that awful state of mind. It has led me to having panic attacks, even in a crowded room where the last thing I want to have, is a panic attack. The same goes with thinking of a positive thought, every seven seconds of dwelling on something positive expands your positive mood and thoughts. Whether you are a believer or not, God IS the source of life, the source of truth, and the source of love. And only with love, can you be truly happy. You want to change your tormented soul to one living with love for helping others and spreading kindness? Seek Him. You must truly seek Him too, it has to be a deep desire in your heart. For God looks not at outward appearance, but at the heart. He will see you, your plea, your agony, your downward spiral, and save you from hitting the bottom. With Him, no matter how long you are submerged in darkness, your ultimate goal will be in the light. True happiness beyond our wildest imaginations. You are special, and worthy of living your life without fears debilitating you. Your demons that are causing you fear, are trying to delay you, from reaching the light. And it's time we all fight back, no matter how scary or insane it may feel, take small steps, but never give up. If you take medication, it will be very hard to come off of it. Eventually it will creep back in and you will need to up your dosage if you rely too much on it. You are in control, completely, you just need to keep holding on, be raw and honest with the world, tell them, "yeah, I have pretty bad anxiety and it causes me to be unable to think completely clearly sometimes. I'm sorry I can't think of your name, but I definitely know who you are." They may judge, and they make laugh, but their judgments are far less than the Source of Good's judgments. He is the one to place your cares onto, not the rest of the world. I know you can overcome this, no matter what, everything you get through will strengthen you. And if you fail, you can still keep trying. That's the beauty of it, we get so many chances to find Him. Never give up, you were made on purpose, for a purpose, and that purpose is not to let fear drown you, that purpose was to keep living, forever and ever. With happiness filling up your soul. I will see you one day, and I really hope I will recognize you as the one I wrote this to. I will laugh with you and smile with you, I am sure of it. Even if you think I sound crazy... I am sure of it.
This thread was made like, 5 years ago but I just recently found it, and I'm really happy that you decided to reach out. Your feelings of being un real have probably felt others to identify with you and work towards the road to get help. I don't remember when I began to feel this way, maybe when I was in 9th grade. I've always felt different, I've always wanted to fit in, and I've always had issues with anxiety. This thread caused me a lot to look more into this disorder too, Depersonalization Disorder. It's like hell, because I know love is the answer, it's a safety and it makes you feel like you're not alone, but the problem is, because of this disorder, it's hard to make connections with people, to look them in the eye and take them for what they are. Everyone just seems like a stranger, like no one knows you, and you don't know anyone. Sometimes even my parents feel like strangers, I know I love them, but sometimes they don't feel real. Also the visual disturbances that some of you experience, I have them too, but they've been diagnosed as Visual Snow. It's like I constantly have a film of static over everything I see, especially in the dark and staring at solid colors. There are just tiny vibrating dots over every single thing I see. It get's worse after I smoke weed or drink, but eventually it dies down inn a few days. It never goes away completely though.The neurologist said It would go away if I went to bed and woke up the same time every night and day though, but common that's impossible haha. This disorder can make you feel like you are all alone, and it's cold, sometimes I feel like I could disappear and it wouldn't matter because I don't seem real, and nothing else seems real. It's sad to know that a lot of people experience this, but at the same time, at least we know we're not alone. This un realness doesn't have to be the reality. Then I think about infinity though and it all goes out of whack...if you constantly think about infinity and how it leaves no room for certainty though, you understand how it feels to never have a sense of direction. The endless possibilities of life leaves you no place to go, but everywhere to go...now I'm just rambling. POINT IS, I'm glad we're not alone, those dots you see all the time are most likely Visual Snow, it comes in many forms,  because of this thread I think I know what's wrong with me, and I'm going to try and look at this disorder in a positive way. Not everyone can see the world the way we do, even though sometimes it's scary. In some rights, it's a gift. It's been said that insanity is just genius. I don't plan to continue to live my life as if I'm not living it though. I think  a comfortable life would be having episodes of this un realness, but being able to live a "normal" life most of the time. I think everyone here should make an effort to connect with people they know they love, even though sometimes it's hard to make social connections with people. Have someone you can trust, even if it's a therapist. I know there are brighter days for us. This is just the first step.
How Are You Any Success Im A Female With A Kid I Think Im Going Through The Same Thing
★★★★★★★★★★★★ ★★★★★★★★ ★★★★
I know what you're going through and you are definitely not alone. What most of you are experiencing is called "personalization", which is a form or Dissociative Disorder. Please google both of these terms and you'll discover their meanings. I have also experienced these symptoms for most of my life (I am 26) and have been diagnosed and treated for this. Please know that you are not at all crazy and seeing a psychiatrist will help lessen, if not eliminate, these feelings.
  ★★★★  ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
i am suffering from exactly same problem i tried many things medicines meditation..it was good for few days but suddenly i realized that i was getting deeper into my problem..i guess there are many others out there dealing with this problem every day..its good to see people like you who are facing this problem with strength and courage.. INSPIRED
i am feeling those exact symptoms.. I think it may be something called depersonalization!
how did you get help for depersonalization and do you feel 100% better
I have the dream like feeling and was diagnosed with dysautonomia 2 months ago
hi! i've been having the same problem where every thing looks like im still high even though i'm not? i had a panic attack where i really thought i was going to die and ever since then i've had anxiety all the timee.  Did you ever find anything to help with that feeling?
I once went through this hell and found a way out. Some people experience mild, moderate, to severe symptoms. I had unbearable. Every day was a question to myself of how much longer can I actually endure this before there is only one option left. It started mildly where I just assumed I was still high from the day before but I would realize non of my friends would be. Then I quit smoking and still felt slightly high for months. After a year of that it started turning into hell. Of course I have bad anxiety always had so this was all new to me. I couldnt drive or leave my house for years. Felt terrified and physically sick. Nothing looked real to me but my tv. That was my safe haven from the scary "unreal" real world. I couldnt even be a passenger in a car to go to doctors but when I did they made it worse with meds that were garbage. I ended up buying a blood pressure machine to see if that could be it because I felt also deathly sick, turned out I had high blood pressure too but that was from anxiety having this crap for so long.   Hell most doctors didnt even know where to begin with the symptoms I chose to express but pass me along to the next doctor. Even the "best" new age psychiatrists never came across what I had to explain but of course they pretended to know what was wrong with me and prescribe more crap meds that made what I thought couldnt get any worse a friken nightmare. Anyway I found a psychiatrist that reminded me of the show house that only dealt with the most difficult of cases because he knew what he was doing. Was diagnosed with anxiety which I already had known but also Depersonalization and derealism. Klonipin or any benzodiazipine helped to get me out of the stage I call unbearable into moderate. From there I forced myself everyday to try and drive farther, go out longer it took years I finally faced a major fear and drove 2 hours away which was a big step for me even after a year of being able to drive locally with no issues. These forums are horrible for people with real issues because most of the answers are from people with it not from people that got through it and came out on top. I now own many business,s at the age of 22 years old. This started when I was 16. Just dawned on me I made a promise to myself years ago while I was going through this hell all of you are experiencing that if I figured it out and got better I would share how I did with everyone I could because nobody on here could do that for me. Im happy to answer any private messages to my email. ***@**** leave a subject mentioning your issue so I dont think its spam. I can provide help with ways to control it, fight back , and just re assurance that even the worst symptoms can be reversed. Also doctors that can help instead of hinder. Sometimes seeing a doctor can make things worse not better so learn to choose carefully. My names Cameron im proud to say I beat this and I want to help all of you reclaim some normality and peace.
this makes soo much sense i hope it works
if you stop will you ever fully recover?
Every symptom is uncomfortable, but NOT dangerous....we don't get enough oxygen into the"belley"...every time you fear the symptoms Write down FEAR= False Evidence Appearing Real...it is general anxiety, and you can say SO WHAT!!! with every scary thought.  Act as IF  in spite of.  This is soooooo common as you can see, and it always has its end.  Don't be fooled into avoiding things because of the symptoms.  The more you outsmart them, tell them they won't hold you back, !!  Depersonalization very common during anxiety.  Your adrenal glands secret a stress hormone adrenalin, it won't hurt you, but you can overcome it by positive mind talk.  You're not crazy.  You will most likely help thousands of others with it.  You are, and always will be in control of "it"...don't buy into the lie that your weird, or weak, it always passes, it always will!
exact symptom as guy explained above, but how will you help ?
My name is Anne and i am 21, I am not a doctor but I am almost certain i'm can help. I know this was many many years ago and you have already probably had the issue straightened out. Your story is exactly like my, My anxiety started at the exact same age. The phenomenon your talking about it called derealization. I know it may sound scary but i promise its perfectly normal with people who are going through anxiety. Also you are in complete control of it. I know the worst part about all this is you feel like your going crazy, or reality is slipping from you. I know your probably sitting here saying id rather have a ulcer or my arm broken! I was there too. completely there.  Everything will be okay, take comfort in knowing that in this one specific case you are not special. There are forum and forums of people going through the same thing. Entire communities. Every anxiety is different because every conscious and unconscious fear is different. I know the doctor sounds horrifying. I know the least thing you want to do is go on the medicine. because i know your afraid to take it and what itll feel like and if youll loose control and what will happen.  I know your afraid that the doctor will listen to you and say wow your nuts and lock you up. They wont. I have seen many doctors. i basically have my own psychiatrist and psychologist. the Psychologist is great! You sit on a leather couch and talk about whatever you want. You just need to find the right one that personally suits you. you could take baby steps see a psychologist and maybe just that is all you need and maybe it isnt then you seen a psychiatrist.If so thats fine too. I see one. i recieved the medication, hell iv been on  like a 4 different types. My favorite was zoloft. wow that makes me sound like a addict haha im not!  But for me when  i took it nothing happenend. boring right? i thought id get high or become a different person and lose myself but i didnt. I was able to do amazing amazing things! like fly to NYC by my self and live far away from my parents to go to college. my favorite are scary movies! ironic isnt it. Im normal. No im not normal. Because im better than i was before anxiety.  Iv been given tools to help and talk people through things, kindness, compassion and most importantly the true meaning of bravery. Remember, being brave doesnt mean your not scared, it means your scared as hell but do it any way. Only a idiot would jump into a burning building to safe people without fear.  But im going off topic. Getting super emotional because ive been there. Any way if your set on not seeing a doctor and maybe you dont need one at all. You can always look at the book Panic To Power by Lucinda basset. shes my biggest hero. i know reading sounds boring and that it just sounds like rubbish  of inspirational words but its not thats the amazing thing its a book about everything youve said everything everyone with anxiety has gone through.

Go take back your life, live happy and be at peace and god bless,
Anne
Do not give up bran863. I know thats hard to say but you are not alone. i have spent many times crying my eyes out in frustration. here is what i wrote to cody and it may help you

Anne

Yes dlin I can relate to your exact feelings as you put them in to very good words.  I went through a period of around 6 months where I continually felt as you explained.  I also had it randomly in the future.  I somewhat attribute it to marijuana LSD and mushroom use   I have managed to control it by making Positive life adjustments, such as not engaging in drug use. combined with other things.   But I think it is more than just that.  It is a transformation that the mind and spirit are trying to acquire I believe it is your inner spirit and self looking for you to make a change in your life.  The subtle change, that you and only you can discover, will transform yourself and once again normalcy will return to everyday life. Random acts of kindness never hurts either:)
Try kundalini. Try to search how to open your energy centers of your body. (Sorry for my bad english) im also suffering from those syptoms.
finally an answer to all my questions!
someone who relates down to the point! KEEP STRONG BOY
Thanks for your post. I'm having problems again with my anxiety and that horrible feeling of being in a dream like state. It really *****. Reading your post help to calm me.
I am experiencing this too! It is so awful and at times I feel completely hopeless. I have been on medication for just about 3 weeks to control my OCD/anxiety and panic disorder, and it has helped to an extent, but I am still experiencing this dream like feeling. I am only on 10 mg of paxil (I was on for 18 months and then went off for the summer--went back on as soon as I got back to college). I'm scared this feeling will never go away.
everything you said is what im going through literally . everything getting dizzy . life feels like a dream , everything you said I can relate to . im so happy I found someone that knows what im going through . I feel like mine is getting worse with time . I feel really stupid now . like I cant act normal in front of people , like they think im on drugs or something . ive went to nuerologist , doctors and physiologist . and my physiologist said it might be adhd but I don't think that's it . but do you ever feel uncomfortable making eye contact with people ? do you ever get like bad headaches ? do you ever get afraid to like look someway cause the way you move your head? like i also feel things like that.
please reply , i just wanna figure out whats wrong with me. im 16 to btw
Have you figured anything out. I'm going thru the same thing
But sometimes I can't control it
Same exact thing that i experience. I've been trying to figure out why it happens but nobody has been able to give me an answer . It feels like I'm tripping out. And I have really bad anxiety and depression too. I'm 15 and a half but it started when I was in school one day the first week of my freshmen year and after that it happened a lot . Sometimes it freaked me out but I'm used to it now. It's weird though because I can control it. The ppl r so thin they look like aliens and I can't even make out faces and their bodies lag when they walk. It usually happens at school but it happens anywhere really.
Hi everyone, I am 19 years old and I have been dealing with these feelings of anxiety and depression for a while too. I have become so aware of it that it is all I can think about now, I feel such an out of body experience like I will look into the mirror and not recognize myself. I feel so far gone that I have almost forgotten who I am or I do not believe myself when I try to say inspirational things to tell myself I am going to be okay. I suppose it is good to say them anyway. Someone mentioned being involved in witchcraft which I also dabbled in a bit and although I still think it was harmless perhaps it did do something so I am going to continue to pray. I also smoked a lot of weed this semester of college which I know probably triggered a certain something in me once I opened my mind that much. I have convinced myself I am so alone in this world even with an entire family who loves me, friends, an amazing boyfriend whom I also can't feel happy toward anymore although I know I love him and he just wants me to be happy again. I feel like the entire world is inside of my mind and somehow no one can convince me otherwise, I am going to therapy today (for the first time because I finally told my parents) and even typing this has been difficult because of the immense weight I feel I have on my chest. Even as I say these words about myself I do not feel connected to them. I also cannot sleep and I feel that when I do I am still exhausted. It feels like there is a little voice which I know is mine that is just trying to break free from these bars I just cannot get myself to relax and I don't know how to let go and just live. Does anyone have any advice for changing the mindset of yourself? Training your brain into not thinking so depressingly about every aspect of life? Or at least on how to deal with it.
I'm 19 years old.I'm going through the same thing. I feel like things are unreal. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to die. I get headaches all the time and also head pressure. My heart beat is so rapid(fast) I even feel like I'm about to fate a lot. I went to the emergency room and they did an EKG and x-ray on my heart and everything and they couldn't find anything. They was trying to get my heart rate down so they gave me a pill for aniexty because that's what it seemed to be and that's what it was. I really don't take my anxiety pills because I try to handle it. I've gotten my anxiety from a really bad car wreck I was in but I wasn't the driver. I think everything is wrong with me and people tell me its all in my head it may be but how do I tell my mind that. Its really affecting my living hood I can't even enjoy my life. My anxiety sometimes just hits me out the blue when I can be acting just fine and then when I realize I'm breathing to good or something then it happens I don't know what to do.
Same, I have anxiety but I kept it a secret to my family, I always feel disconnected to the place Im at, I feel hazy and an incoming nausea whenever Im in a crowded place. I hate going out, which is unusual of me to do, because when I was younger than I already am I was the opposite, I was outgoing; loud; and optimistic, pretty much the opposite of the me after the anxiety. Admittedly Im scared, because as days and months pass by, it gets worser and worser. I slowly lose close friends of mine, and drifted further away from my family as well.
I feel exactly the same I thought it was just me going mad. I know it sounds horrible but it helps me feel better knowing that it's not just me and I'm not going crazy. I have every single symptom that you have said and I can only put it down to anxiety. Anxiety is horrible and cruel it ruins your life completely and cuts you off from your friends and family. I'm hoping I find myself again
Has anyone figured it out? i recently started going through the same things 3 times in the past month, im 13 and only a few of my close friends know about this and are worried, I am to of course.
Ya same it seems to start at like 7th grade or so because mine started last year and I just want it gone forever! I'm been told it's a "gift" but that's about as far as you can get about how I feel about this thing.
Seriously, I'm going through the same thing right now. Everything you said, I feel. Like it's not even funny. I've been so scared and I fear the same things you do. Even though this was from 6 years ago, I have the same feelings and the same everything. Did you ever find a way to cure it or find out what it was? Knowing what it is would make me feel better.
I personally find this scary reading your post and relating to it like you are describing how I feel. I went through a traumatic even at the age of 13 and haven't been the same since, I'm also 16 now. I diagnosed myself with bipolar and sometimes it eats better sometimes worse, my friends are my personal doctor and my parents are oblivious to what's really going on with me. I've been suicidal and self harmed yet I'm still pulling through even tho I don't feel worth it. lately I've had the weirdest feeling, like I'm always high and taht everything I'm doing isn't real, for example if I have an itch on my hand I would watch myself itch it but wouldn't be able to feel myself doing so, it's crazy!! I have had many panic and anxiety attacks but nothing like this, I'm just glad I'm not the only one...
Ok calm down no big medical issue here, but have you changed any of your normal schedules like missing lunch, missing meds, or even like watching movies aloot
The brain analyses what its taught or was taught maybe its a past experience or present its hard to fabricate things out of the norm even in psychosis it just analyses normal information abnormally but not fabricate i think you saw or went through something sometime
If you feel like this please readHello, I know how all of you feel, the same exact thing is how I feel. Feeling hazy like everything is a dream, I have been through some stuff in the last month and things feel so weird. So after talking to my parents about this they took me to a psychologist and the doctor said this was common, he prescribed me Zoloft which is supposed to do me a world of good. So talk to someone about this and see if it works. If not try a different type of drug there are many out there. Most important thing is to know 1. Your not alone 2.this will get better, you will not feel like this forever
What you have is derelaization.  It is a very really thing and it feels very real. But when you accept that what your going through is a part of anxiety you will be ok. Too much anxiety caused this because it is almost like the brain shuts down to help avoid anxiety when really it causes people like you more anxiety because of the unreal feelings
I am a highschool student from EU. This post pretty much sums up what I'm feeling. In addition I ovethink all the time and question EVERYTHING including whether life could be a matrix or maybe everyone except me is not real and only a simulation coming from my own brain. (I know it sounds crazy) I have always been a sensitive person but never had anxiety until 2 panick attacks which were triggered by drug abuse (I quit drugs immediately after the second panick attack) This whole unreal feeling started three weeks after the last panic attack. I try to stay positive but it is VERY hard and I think about suicide a lot. If somebody reads this, please PLEASE give me some advice I don't know how long can I last.
Do you still feel like this.. because i literally feel the exact same. And cannot take ivlt anymore please let me know :)
I feel the exact same way I actually was looking for answers and it lead me here I'm only 15 and my anxiety is horrible I kinda feel relieved that its probably my anxiety but it scares me cause I feel like I'm not real and im scared if I tell someone I might be put in a mental hospital....
https://youtu.be/H564Dmsksz0   It can be a disorder of its own, or it can be a symptom of anxiety, it really helps to see a therapist or a doctor for medication hope this helps   I struggle with this myself on a daily basis good luck (:
So I am 16 as well and also feel like everything is unreal and sometimes I freak out and look up a ton of mental disorders and self diagnose. I smoke weed about 2 times a week to help cope, but it only makes me feel more crazy. Like now I constantly see **** out of the corners of my eye, and sometimes I'm in this dream like state where I can't move but I know I'm away. And I think I'm dying when this happens. I also sometimes think I'm seeing smoke come out of my mouth when I breath. I always freak out over this and I constantly think I'm schizophrenic. My mom also has been diagnosed with OCD and ADD runs in my family. I'm really scared and honestly can't tell if I'm going crazy or it's just anxiety.
Hi, I'm a 26 year old female who has complex ptsd and I live with this 24/7 I also feel disconnected from my body most of the time aswell and feel like I have no thoughts or feelings. I have 3 children and the  unreal feelings even effect my relationship with them bcoz it feels unreal they are mine. I have no sence of who I am pretty who any of my close friends and family are. However please do not think u are going crazy or something is wrong with u, these are feelings that ur brain haS done to protect u from extreme anxiety. I no it is very scary and frustrating and even tho i have learned what it is and coping mechanisms I still struggle every day with it. What u are experiencing tho is direalization and it is your brains way of trying to protect u from extreme overwhelming feelings, normally anxiety. If u go and c ur GP there are lots of things that can help u. X
I find this very relatable even though this was written a long time ago. It's impossible to pin point how I feel or why I feel so anxious because I have a happy life which I've usually always enjoyed. However I have a strange feeling stuck in my head which makes me feel flat and empty like nothing will change or anything is good in life. It makes me feel unreal like I'm not really there. I feel like I'm in a sleepwalking trance and everything feels unfamiliar. Every day is a challenge. I can't deal with this anymore. I feel like something has changed (in the worst way) although physically it hasn't. My mind is scaring me and I have the most terrifying thoughts. What do I do???? :((((( feels like out of nowhere life has turned upside down and I can't go back to normal. I get anxious thinking about home and i don't know why. My mums gonna try and get therapy but I can't explain how I feel and I feel like no one will understand. It's not an illness it's mental. Not physical but psychological. I feel alone. :((( I am not struggling with anything at home, no bad relationships - I am happy - but this feeling has changed me. My life is perfect normally and I am a happy person but that's all gone :(
You basically just explained my whole life...I too have all of these symptoms. I constantly worry about me having a tumor or seizure. I feel like I'm going crazy. I wish someone would help me but nobody understands.
Ive had this feeling for 4+ months and it SUCKS!! it's such a hard feeling to explain. I feel like a completely different person who is scared of life. That life is boring and there's nothing to do. My whole point of view on life has changed. And I just want to feel normal again. I feel disconnected from everything and I feel very unreal. My bed doesn't feel like it used too, and a lot of things don't feel like it used too. It feels like there is absolutely no cure to this.