HELP ME PLEASE!!
Im so scared!! I cant take this anymore!! I dont know whats happening to me. I cant enjoy anything, cant talk to anyone. I keep getting weird sensations, like a headrush, then a burning pain in my head. All i can think about is that im about to die. I just cant shake off the feeling that im about to hemmoridge or something. Does anyone else ever get this? I need help.
Yes, I do. I get sensations all the time, lightheadedness, headrushes, dizziness, stomach pains, you name it. sometimes all day every day for days/weeks, then it subsides, then it comes back. Have you had all necessary testing?
I know exactly what u r going through. That's my thing too. I always think I have some kind of brain tumor or some kind of hemmoridge. I worry a lot about my heart as well. It always feels like it's beating weird or too fast. I never let myself do anything too physical because I'm scared it'll beat out of control. It's a pain!! I too can't enjoy anything. I hate the fact that so much time is being wasted away on worrying but I just cant shake it either.
The whole headrush thing is really scarey. I've been feeling off balanced and I also get these little quick little head sensations sort of feels like something is being pinched or stabbed for a few seconds and then just goes away but leaves me freaked out for hours sometimes even days.
Thanks for the quick reply, i just doont know what to do!! Do you ever get these sensations in your head like your getting an electric shock, or that theirs a ball of air in there that you need to get out? How do you stop youreslf paniking about it? I just cant do anything anymore
Yes that's what I mean. It's like it shocks me and then goes away. I always think "omg did a blood vessel just burst?". Keep myself from panicking? Who says I don't panic?, lol.  
I dont suppose you ever get a burning sensation at the same time?
Burning? How and Where exactly?
on top of my head
No. Can't say I've experienced that. But give me a few days I'm sure I will. If I think about it long enough, lol. Have you gotten it checked out? If you have, what did they say?
I get the head sensations, like a ballon is in there, at first thought it was sinus issues but it wasn't. head pressure is how I explain it, sometimes lasts days. Just fatigue and anxiety, I have been tested for everything! Along with I get these "zaps" like short bursts of headrushes, but not really, sends you off balance, zaps, you for a few seconds.
Hi both myself and my daughter get the horrible feeling in the head, I call them electric shocks, they come quick and pass quick but there scarey but it is anxiety related so try and not worry to much, it not a tumor plese dont worry about that,
janis.
Thanks so much for everyones support, it really is good to hear that im not the only one with these weird sensations going on. I just want to be normal again, how long will it take?? I cant stand being terrified of everything anymore, im so scared of dying, what if i never get better? Im only 22!! Should i start taking some meds?
Thanks again.
Are you in therapy?  Have you been diagnosed with anxiety?  YOu need to start at the beginning...You have to go to your doctor...get a complete physical.  Once all that is cleared (in which you will be fine), then you get into therapy.  Your best bet is a psychiatrist.  If you need medication (of course that is a personal decision between you and your doctor) that is where you get it, a psychiatrist can best diagnose you.  Yes, you will feel better and you can beat this...but it does take time!  Hang in there and be proactive in your recovery.  If you let it consume you, it will...YOU have to take control.  Best to you!

PS:  You definitely are NOT alone.....
No im not in therepy, but i have been to my doctor. He gave me a blood test / urine test / monitored my heart and gave me a physical exam. He said everything seemed to be fine, so it must be anxiety and panic, right? Im just not sure about meds, will they work?
thanks for the support.
I just cant stop thinking that theres something weird in my head, i keep wanting to phone myself an ambulance. I cant stop crying
I am sorry that you are experiencing this.  Panic and anxiety are often can hit you like a ton of bricks, causing confusion, fear, and can lead to depression.  First of all, realize that you are not alone in this.  Most people here have been through EXACTLY what you are going through.  Do you have access to go talk with a therapist?  In my experience, learning about this, is the best way to confront it.  Please do not hesitate to keep you questions and concerns coming here on this forum...keep us posted!
You have taken the first step!  CONGRATULATIONS!  You went to your doctor and got a good bill of health.....Now you need to get working on your mental health.

Yes, medication WILL help you.  But, you need to get the right combination.  It is hit or miss, but there are meds that will help you.  Paxil and buspar are the meds I take and have helped me tremendously.  

I have felt exactly as you do now.  I couldn't stop crying and felt very hopeless.  I felt like I couldn't escape myself.  

It is very common to think there is something "wrong" with you.  I went for brain MRI's EEG's CAT scans...It is very common for people who suffer the way we do.  As I said, you are not alone.  Take deep breaths and know you will get better and feel better.  Just feel what you need to feel right now, but do not give up hope!
Thanks so much for the help, cant wait to be normal again. I wont give up hope. Its great to hear other peoples stories. Thanks again
Hi:
Just a question:
Have you been on antidepressants before?. This symptoms are identical to withdrawal from SSRI's (Brain zaps, strange eye movements, fatigue, panic attacks, etc)
Nope havent been on any antidepressants, have you had these symptoms? I have been taking beta blockers which i am trying to stop now.
Yes. I have had this symptoms (brain zaps like electrical sensations on my head, a heavy pressure also, dizziness, nervousness, depersonalization, among others). All these symptoms are , in my case, because of withdrawal abruptly from antidepressants.
I suggest that if you are going to discontinue the beta's do it slowly, reducing the dose each 15 days or so.
have you had an EEG?
whats an EEG? oh god, do i need one? please help
Just wondering, has anyone here tried something called st johns wart? did it work at all?
Also has anyone got any advice on acupuncture?
as i'm reading this i just got one of those brain zappy things! i get them alot too. st. johns wort works best for people that have mild depression from what i've read. i did try it myself and it did nothing for my anxiety and depression. you really should think about taking meds and getting some therapy. i take meds and i can't remember the last time i had a panic attack. you have a clean bill of health so your head is alright. can you get in to see your dr. soon so you can talk about meds and or therapy.he/she can give you something to calm you down right away. your so upset right now and my heart goes out to you because i've been there many times. take care. remar
Hi there alot of people with anxiety get the funny brain zaps, I call them electric shocks?
Its sounds like you could have what I call medical anxiety, I also suffer the same hang in there things will get better, you will get your bad days and good days, just check that your ok with takeing st, johns wort, as they told me I couldent take them along side the drugs I was taking as they can take the affect of the drugs your on for your anxiety.
janis.
Yeah, I too definitely have medical anxiety. I'm always worried about having heart disease, brain tumors, cancer or blood clots or something. It varies. It's such a pain!! Can't seem to enjoy much of anything because always worried about symptoms.
I do not have any great words of wisdom, but I just wanted to say "hang in there".  I know that sounds cheesy, but things can and will get better.  I have struggled with anxiety and depression for years.  It ***** but I have gotten much better with time.

Have you seen a doctor?  It would probably give you some peace of mind by knowing if you have a physical problem or not.  It sounds to me like you are probably having anxiety or panic attacks, but either way it would be good to have everything checked out.

I have been on anti-depressants for years.  I do not like taking them, but they probably saved my life.  I am currently in the Amazon looking into natural, shamanic solutions. Who knows if I will find any answers here, but it is a fascinating journey nevertheless.

Anyway, I wish you luck, and I hope you can take at least a slight bit of comfort in knowing that someone understands your pain and believes that things will get better for you.  
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let us know if you find anything!!, lol
I have a similar sensation when I get up from sitting or laying down. It seems to be worse in the summer on hot and humid days. I had that today...

I talked with my last doctor about it and she thought it could be possiblly a mild version of POTS syndrome (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia).

She recommended a higher salt diet with plenty of fluids.  I don't always notice an improvement, but today when I felt really heavy and limp, I drank some koolaid and ate a bunch of salty corn chips. I seemed to perk up in an hour or two. Maybe that would help, maybe not.
Gosh it was so nice to read your posts.  I am going through so much right now, IVF to have a baby which is so expensive and cant really afford it. Two grandparents and an uncle passed away.  Diagnosed with thyroid disease and endometriosis.  I am having such anxiety attacks.  Medical anxiety just the same a urdacrazy1.  It's awful, it jumps from one illness to the next.  I also feel like I cant enjoy anything.  I know I am driving my family crazy because I always feel sick.  Dr. says its anxiety and compulsive disorder gave me prozac feel like its only getting worse.  Just want to feel normal again.  Thanks for your support
Thanks for all the kind replies. Lets hope we all get better soon
Hi Niamac, I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL MY DEAR, 'cause I'm experiencing the same damn thing....burning ache on the top of my head, headrushes, like I'm always under pressure even when there's no logical reason to feel like that. My american friend, I've been trying to overcome this in so many ways.....medicine at first...but I feel like I have to get myself together again and start believin I can exercise without feeling I'm sick or that I'm about to die at any time....'cause this is not true and we both know that.
I'll keep in touch as I learn some new ways to face this trouble, ok?
I am right there with you - tons of tests, no results, a LOT of panic.  I keep wanting to call for an amblulance or drive to the ER too...its some sort of hypochodrisis, extreme at the least, and its not going away on its own.  The thoughts keep coming, and never stop.  Typing on here maybe is a good distraction, does anyone else feel that way?  I am also afraid to face friends, job, family because I can't let anyone see me like this.  Its really a no-hope situation and feeling, so I know what you are going through.  Try to talk to your doctor and try to stay with one, I know its hard to do though.  Thats a bit of the best advice I've gotten so far, although I can't say I've exactly followed it so far
Oh my, I am sorry you are experiencing all of this, but relieved to see that someone else is reporting these weird head symptoms!
I have a burning feeling on my scalp pretty much daily...my scalp muscles feel tight at the same time. Sometimes I get that little electrical "buzzing' feeling on my scalp too. I have been back and forth with Neurology on this, and they have nothing to offer. They have said it is tension or anxiety... but it's hard because it's not like this strange sensation is something you see every day on lists of anxiety symptoms!
I also get blurry vision/dizziness with this... head rushes sometimes, especially if I get cold. All of this odd symptoms seem to get worse if I get a chill or cold...I have found that wearing a hat or headband seems to diminish the symptoms.
NY7
..just wanted to tell you that you are not alone in this. a lot of people have anxiety,me included.
You should go back to your doctor,tell him/her what's going on,then let him/her decide if you need medds or just need some counseling.
Hang in there kiddo....it gets worse before it gets better.
If you want to talk,we're here!
N.
Wow I've recently started having heart pain and my heart starts beating super fast. Sometimes it feels like I can't breathe I had to call 911 a few months back. I'm able to talk myself out of it sometimes. But it's freakin' scary. My doctor says it's from being on oxycontin but now I'm not so sure! He wouldn't prescribe me anything so I went to a walk in clinic and they prescibed me these little white pills that you let melt under your tongue and they work great! I hope I don't need any soon because I just moved and I can't find them anywhere!!! I feel really bad for you guys with the headaches and burning scalps that must be an awful feeling. Hope things get better.  Mel
that sounds like anxiety and panic attacks.....

THERE ARE MEDS TO HELP U GET THRU THAT TOO.

what kind of med is that? do you take it only when you get that panic feeling? shoot let me know, I want some!!, lol

Lisa
hi there  please feel free to contact me i live in gb to ive had exact same symptoms for 2-4 yrs now  its dreadfull i know i nearly went over the edge please take that step bk its anxiety and stress anypossible way i can help u i will  just drop me a note jane
Hi I suggest that you read up about Hyperventiation Syndrome as it sounds to me as if this is what you are experiencing.  All of these horrible feelings you describe are due to a change in your breathing pattern which starves your brain of oxygen.  To stop this happening when you feel it coming on breath in through your nose and count to 5 in your head. Keep this breath in for 5 (most important bit) and then let it out for 5.  Keep it controlled, calm and slow.  You should slowly start to feel a bit better
i just want to let you know i have the same symtoms for number of years i thought i'm going to die doctor kept saying it's anxiety , but suddenly all this pain gone how ?don't ask  i don't know ,but the same way it came it gone try to forget it and keep telling your self it's nothing till your brain believe it,s nothing .and wish all of you luck
Thank you all for posting! I have been having all of these symptoms for the past couple of months - the little zaps in my head, the pounding heart, all of it. I totally have medical anxiety, every new thing I hear about, I'm convinced I have it and I start to think I'm having symptoms. It's starting to interfere with pretty much every area of my life and it's gotten to where I don't want to be alone at all because I'm convinced that I'm going to keel over at any second and I'm having trouble sleeping because I think if I go to sleep, I'll never wake up. I know it's anxiety because if I'm distracted with other things, I don't have any problem, it's only when I have time to think about it that they pop up.

It's just so nice to know that I'm not alone and that other people have these same feelings. I'm trying to work through this by myself because I do not want to have to take medication for this, but it's getting to the point that I think I'm going to have to. Thank you to everyone who has posted their own experiences though, it helps a lot.
go to Truehope.com, it is an amazing site that offers a nutritional product for mental health issues.  IT really works and they have a support line to help with and issues and side effects that come up.
I just heard something on the radio about this about 2 weeks ago... there is some type of condition when you feel like you have little brain zaps in your head... BUT IT IS NOT HARMFUL... its just annoying... and there is medication out there to help it... people who are prone to getting headaches and migraines alot get these types of zap things..

It could also be b/c of anxiety...

or are you having anxiety b/c of this?
Yes, I've been there. I started when I was about 25yrs old. I suffered from debilatating anxiety. I thought I was going to die at any minute. Heart attacks, tumors, strokes, and aneurysms terrified me the most. I remember going to the bathroom to try and calm myself, but leaving the door unlocked so someone could find me in case the worst happened.

You'll be fine.

What you need to remember is that whatever you did to finally get your anxiety under control, do not take for granted. We are not built like other people and cannot handle anxiety or stress like others. After living 7 years without any symptoms I am suddenly having a relapse.

I know this is due to my lifestyle. I am recently married and within a month I spent a 3day weekend in Vegas, and eloped in Jamaica 2 weeks later. Basically, all the drinking, late nights, lack of sleep and stress (I'm also not the best flyer in the world) finally added up. It's not as bad as it was before because I know what it is, but that doesn't prevent the impending feeling of doom and death.

Just take care of yourself, you will get better.
I have had some of these sensations. I found the problems to be when etting up from sitting a sudden drp in blood pressure or a raise in blood presssure or a instant sugar spike. these problems should be monitor wih a blood pressure cuff for a month and with a blood sugar monior. elveate blood pressure can make you feel you are in space. weights on your head and other wired feelings. infected or sore gums in mouth can cause sharp and sticky like pain in the head. very unwanted scary feeling.using peroxide mouth wash stops this pain beause it goes into he gums deep and continues to keep infection or bacteria that causes the problem
Thank God. I just quit drinking after 10 years, 9 days ago, and iv'e been on celexa (10 mg) for about a month. I went to inpatient detox and the psyciatrist prescribed 40mg celexa while I was inpatient for five days, when i got out I had all the symptoms everybody described. I can barely type this right now. I knew something was wrong because i've quit before I never felt like this. I can't describe the relief knowing what the cause is. I can barely THINK. Just typing this makes me shake and feels like my head is going to explode. **** SSRI's, eat a pizza instead. and protect the internet.
The thing is the more you worry about it the more you will have them just like chest pains. All you can do is get a clean bill of health from your doc and ignore (or do your best to ignore) any anxiety pains. Try drinking a few beers it's helped my anxiety for years and now I pretty much have everything under controll. I hope lol
i exactly fell what you feel and when i lie down and close my eyes to go to sleep its like my worlds just spinning round and round, and i feel off balanced all the time day and night,
im only 19 though..
and i dont know what it is...
i hate it.. it so stops me from doing anything i can hardly hang Out with my friends either just because of this weird sensation--
i even feel like my eyes are heavy and i cant really see things properly and i feel like my head is in space--- PLUS i always have the feeling like my head is moving never steady-- i feel like im a soccer ball or something!
I would have your thyroid checked as well.. Thyroid disorders are one of the main causes of anxiety/depression.. SSRI's only "mask" the real issues.. They can be overkill for your anxiety.. Believe me, I have been on SSRI's for 11 years and they are not fun.. I am now weaning off Prozac which is awful. They say that prozac is the eaisest to wean off, but you still get head zaps and other SSRI discontinuation syndrome issues.. Check out they thyroid message forums here on Medhelp before you decide to take SSRI's for anxiety..
i have experienced it all!!!!! panic attacks, dizziness, nausea, pounding heart, headaches( feels like wearing a band, alot of pressure) those electric shocks, blurred vision. ringing ears and more.. all anxiety and stress.. the best thing i did was buy the panic away programme.. absolutely fantastic!! and he works! it will cure you of your anxiety and panic attacks.. i guarantee this will make you your old self again!!! as soon as you read it you will feel better already. i havent had a panic attack in 2 mths (since i bought it) my anxiety symptons went away pretty quickly but do pop u from time to time but thats normal and the book helps you get back on track... at least go to the website and read about it and listen to the stories of success.its amazing.. best thing ive done for myself!
I know what you mean, I started getting burning sensations in my head too It started at  the beginning of this year. I was out with my mum when suddenly I got a burning sensation, When I do get it its worrying and really annoying. I also get other strange fellings like Im not really here when I do get it stuff looks strange . do you ever get this    felling that theres something trapped in your head, its really not very nice I think ive had it for while but sometimes its hard to describe it.
I started feeling similar symptoms about 7 months ago.  I felt something you could call a zap, and then a numbness/tingling sensation all over the top of my head, but more towards the back and what seemed like my scalp.  no pain.  It just was extremely disorienting and distracting to the point I could not continue a conversation.  I went to the doctor to no avail.  I associated it with a cardio regimen I had just started, so I took it easy for a while since I am overweight.  What I failed to realize was that it was not the workout that was causing problems, it was the supplements I had started taking.  After a 2 month hiatus, I resumed the supplements, only to encounter the same symptoms.  I am convinced at this time, my symptoms were either caused by an allergic reaction to the supplements (seems to be related specifically to a green drink from Trader Joe's) or my bodies response to the detoxifying effects of this drink.  I don't know if this is could possibly help you, but I feel better and hope that someone reading this, may be helped by it.
chas
i feel like ive got something traped in my head like a light feeling bubble or other i cant describ it properly can any 1 please try and put in to words what this could be or explane to me how to put in to words for my doctor
ive had cat scan MRI scan and its all normal
many thanx
Hey! How long did it take for the feeling of not being really here to wear off? I've had severe panic and anxiety for nearly 10 days and it has finally started to calm down, but things still feel really weird. I just want to be my normal self again.
Wow me too.  I haven't exsperiance this for about 10 years? And now its back in full force. I'm so scared I know its panic disorder but its still scary