Anxiety Community
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two years i had my first panic attack after a night of heavy intoxication with a bunch of friends. at the time i was a very very overweight heavy smoker and drinker. i lived an extremely unhealthy lifestyle. over the next year it got extremely worse, i started going to sleep every night with an extremely heavy head, facial tingling dizziness, hearing my heart thumping in my chest, chronic heartburn, trouble breathing, tinnitus, sweating feeling sick etc. I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with GERD and anxiety disorder. i was first put on Nexium 20mg for the reflux but had a bad reaction so was then put on Ranitidine 300mg twice daily. i was sent to see a cardiologist because my whole chest was shaking with my pulse and you could see my heart beat in my neck aswell. he ran an ekg, echocardiogram and holter monitor which showed mild brachycardia but he said that was nothing to worry about. all these feelings were so strong throughout my body and i was constantly aware of them, i couldn't eat different foods, drinking any alcohol would really aggravate my anxiety for days afterwards and i felt like i was going completely mad. When all this started i weighed in at around 140 Kilograms. I remember every morning i would wake up all hot and dizzy and feeling sick with a really bad feeling that something was wrong. it would gradually fade throughout the day at work and when i got home it would return. i noticed if i smoked more than say 4 or 5 ciggarettes during the day i would feel extremely out of it when i got home and i mean i literally had to walk in the door and pass out because i felt so dizzy, nauseous and tingly with a racing heartbeat and trouble breathing. so i gradually cut down smoking over the next year and started loosing heaps of weight , but the same thing kept happening, id come home feeling so fatigued with the reflux hitting me like a train. Heres where i believe there might be something more to it happened. being silly one night i got really drunk. every ciggarette i smoked i could feel myself getting more hot and more dizzy and started to have trouble swallowing. anyway i woke up the next morning and my whole body just went completely numb. i couldn't feel my skin and my muscles just started cramping, i tried to have a drink of water and i couldn't feel any liquid run down my throat i felt like throwing up so bad but had nothing in my stomach. this lasted for about 6 hours non stop. i woke up 16 hours later in my bed and everything in my body felt different. i tried to eat some food and couldn't feel the food go down my throat or sitting in my stomach. anxiety was pounding in waves and waves when i went to work the next week. every day i was almost falling asleep by 11am after being at work for 3 hours, i could barely talk or function. i was walking into things and not really feeling them touching me. i kept eating and drinking but again i couldnt feel anything in my stomach. if i bent down to stand up again id just see stars everywhere and feel sick, i started urinating about 15 times a day. also every morning my hands and feet were icy cold. cold to the point where i couldn't even feel them. after about 4 months i gradually started to stop worrying about all these things but they are still here. it feels like all my body sensations are gradually fading. at the moment i still can't feel anything in my stomach no matter how much i eat, i can see my heart beating in my chest and my neck as always but now i can't feel the heartbeat, i still have heart palpitations but i can't really feel them anymore, my hands are still freezing cold but now i can't really feel the cold feeling, i can still feel the twitching in my body but now its not as aparent and i still have trouble breathing but its not as noticeable. i keep loosing more and more weight im down to 106 kilos, i've had to change my belt buckle twice in a month. and i can still feel my face tingling but not as much. I don't know whether its because im loosing so much weight that all these anxiety symptoms don't feel as strong or something else but it doesn't feel good. I can eat any food i want and i can barely feel the reflux anymore.  to give you an example as to why this worrys be greatly is the other day i went out in the sun and got sun burnt and my face was bright red and i could feel my skin was hot if i put my hand on it but i couldn't feel the sensation on my face. its really bizare. Even my usual heavy head doesn't feel as strong but is still definetely there. I basically just feel like a complete zombie  Is this my body's way of trying to cope with all the prolonged anxiety by stopping me from feeling these things or does anyone have any ideas what this could be. by the way i have been tested for all the obviously things (EKG,ECHO,MRI of brain,diabetes,thyroid,liver function etc)
please guys i have no where else to turn to. if any doctor could take the time to read this i would greatly appreciate this.
Well I am no medical expert by any means (more of an aeronautical once) but I will say you are doing the right thing by losing a lot of weight. Weight loss is very important for good health. Qutting smoking is crucial.

You could be having an intense series of anxiety episodes which can cause some pretty unpleasant symptoms for sure, ranging from all different sorts but since you came out from the doctor okay, with no problems then you have nothing wrong with you - except this anxiety about so many "feelings" that you're having.

Have you seen a psychiatrist for any of this? If you haven't, this would be a very, very good investment of your time. They can get you the proper therapy to get over this (yes, you can get over it and will with the proper treatment) and if necessary, you may have to take some anti-anxiety meds to help control it if you can't keep it at bay.

Anyway, I hope this can give some advice - and that feel better soon. Best regards sir.
HI, first thanks for responding. Well at the time i saw a neurologist i was experiencing all the classic anxiety symptoms so i believe her diagnosis that they are all anxiety related (also after reading other posts on this forum i can most certainly believe it as many people are having the same problems). what does confuse me now though is why can i not feel any of them anymore? let me try and explain what i mean to give you some examples.

I still get my muscle twitches (lets assume these are from anxiety)
i can see my muscle twitch but i cant feel it.

i can sit there eat a whole large pizza and feel like theres nothing in my stomach.

i could go for a run and my whole chest will be shaking and my heart rate will hugely elevated. but i can't feel it beating in my chest

the sensation that you get when you really really need to go to the toilet for a pee. well i can just barely feel that i need to.

i still get the same stomach cramps i got before but i barely notice them anymore but i can still feel them happening.

i don't feel the cold and the heat extremities as much as i usually would.

and then theres the fact that weight just keeps falling off me no matter how much i eat. every instinct in my body is telling me that somethings not right here so its hard for me to accept. before when i was having all these anxiety symptoms it was actually easier to deal with because i would look at them and go ok thats anxiety. now its just like im not feeling anything at all.
the only explanation i can think of is ive lost so much weight that these "feelings" don't feel as strong or that maybe such prolonged exposure to these "feelings" have made my body shut off everything. but it seems weird to me that i can go from feeling them all so strong to absolutely nothing. how can i not eat anything without getting severe reflux to just being able to eat a massive pizza and feel nothing in my stomach. its just so bizarre and confusing!
Well I think what you are describing is sort of peculiar.

However, if you have lost "heaps" of weight (I'm assuming you lost a lot of it) then you could simply feel different since you back at a normal weight level and this is what is making you feel these changes perhaps - like you suggested. This is all I can really say because I'm not sure how losing weight can result in these changes.

dkkonieczny commented on A very inspiring colu...
1 min ago
andrea_hemingway95 uploaded new photos
1 min ago
andrea_hemingway95 joined this community
Welcome them!
7 mins ago