Anxiety Community
*HELP*Any remedies for celexa withdrawals?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I am trying taper off celexa while currently taking klonopin.  I get these symtpoms like a rush in my head and numbness in my hands.  It's so annoying.  I was wondering if there is something to take natural to subside these symtpoms?  It's not fun at all.  I tried this once before and it happened and I wimped out and started taking them again, because it's a terrible feeling!  I need to fight this and be strong!  I am doing it very gradually.  I just want to make sure it's not just me that gets these symptoms from withdrawing?  I'm gonig to try and excercise a lot, but besides that I don't know.  Should I take extra klonopin to relieve me?

Hi there...welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry you are suffering....some people have a heck of a time discontinuing SSRI meds.

As for is there something you can take to help ease withdrawal symptoms?  That is something you need to discuss with your doctor.  There might be something that can help you along in the process.  It seems like you are doing a very gradual taper, so that is good.

Don't increase your Klonopin yourself.  Ask your doctor if that might be an option for you while you are coming off the Celexa.  Perhaps even adding a short term low dose of a short-acting benzo, like Ativan or Xanax, on an "as needed" basis would help.

Run this all by the prescribing physician...and let us know how you're doing.  I know it is rough.  Hang in there.
Thanks and that is exactly what I was thinking.  I'm going to go to the doctor today.  See if he can just give me xanax instead and take as needed.
Thanks for the info.  I'll keep u updated :)
Good luck...let us know what the doc said!!!
Hey i went to my doctor today he said he believes my symptoms he just don't know how long they will last and it's normal.  I'm not going to die or get hurt from them I am perfectly healthy.  My body has to adjust to all of this.  He told me to stop the klonopin too.  He prescribed me Xanax to take only as needed so I will see how that goes.
I'm currently weening off of Celexa 60mg. I have a schedule from my doctor.

Week 1 - 50mg Celexa & 25mg Zoloft for 4 days
Week 2 - 40mg Celexa & 50mg Zoloft
Week 3 - 30mg Celexa & 50mg Zoloft
Week 4 - 20mg Celexa & 50mg Zoloft
Week 5 - 10mg Celexa & 50mg Zoloft
Week 6 - No more Celexa

During that time I see the doctor on week 2 so she may up my Zoloft - I'm not too sure. I'm prescribed .5mg Klonopin 3x daily but so far I only require .25mg Klonopin 2x daily and .5mg at bedtime.  I have a headache but I think it's from starting Zoloft and I feel a little hyper. Aside from that all is well. Mind you it's only 2 days so far.
warning!!! don't take benzo's........if on them, ween off very slowly. never take again
Live Longer
1 min ago by gymdandee
opus88 commented on Hospital
gymdandee commented on Protect Yourself from...