Anxiety Community
Has anyone with anxiety had a hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I  posted on the hysterectomy forum but didn't really get any responses. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy(leaving right ovary) on January 4. I am just concerned that messing with my hormones will make my anxiety worse. I just wanted to know have any of you with anxiety and panic attacks had a  hysterectomy and if so how did it go?
anyone??
I go in for my hysterectomy on Monday. I am getting really nervous. I was hoping to hear experiences from others that have been through this. Thanks

I had a total hysterctomy and suffer massive anxiety, but after it was done, I was fine, more calmer than I ever been.  Did not leave anything in there.

I wish you well.
I havent had a hysterectomy, but I have posted a few post on hormones and the role I believe they have played in my anxiety. My understanding is that in post menopausal women, or women who are in forced menopause from a hysterectomy..the estrogen is what is declined...i have anxiety that seems related to the menstrual cycle, specifically when estrogen drops in the cycle. I also developed all this for the first time after I stopped breastfeeding and got my cycle back. This is theory of course, but I was told that taking low dose hormones through birth control could help me to level out each month and hopefully diminish the symptoms. Just food for thought.
Thanks for the comment. It's great that it helped your anxiety. I hope it does the same for me. I am leaving my right ovary as I am only 26 and not ready for menopause.
Thanks for the input. I too notice increased anxiety at times with my cycle. Mostly during ovulation and the week before my period. So basically the 2 weeks before my period. I hope the hysterectomy helps with the anxiety but if not at least it will help with the bleeding and pain problems I have with cysts and all. I hope you get your hormones back in check as well and good luck with the new baby.
I had slight anxiety before my hysterectomy on Dec 17, 2009. Since the surgery my anxiety is CRAZY! I have been to my doctor to discuss this with her and she said it is not likely from the surgery. I beg to differ! I do not feel the same anymore. Something is not right! I was happy go lucky type person. Now I am afraid to go places that I am not familiar with, don't want to go out to dinner, hate leaving the house. I am on hormones and anti-depressents. I have no patience and have become easily irritated. All I want to do is sleep.
LovemyKids86 commented on K_Bmomma's status
michhh commented on A very inspiring colu...
Amandag78 commented on Almost 8 months off S...