Anxiety Community
Head feels heavy,dizzy??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Head feels heavy,dizzy??

I am a 20 year old male and an anxiety sufferer and I had a bad episode of panic attacks about three months ago..at this time I was in bed for a week really lethargic and had a pain in my chest..I had extensive tests done and everything came back clear I was convinced I was dying.

After my test results came back clear I felt fine again but in the last few days ive started feeling dizzy and lethargic again..I did finish up from full time work last friday as I am going travelling for 3 months in two weeks time. I have been fine up till now..I started going to a therapist about a month ago and have had a few sessions I don't know if what we have been discussing is triggering this??

Since my last bad anxiety spell I have had two suicides in my life..my cousin and my friend its the 5th ive had to deal with in 2 years..is this starting to take its toll?

Im really confused im starting to convince myself im dying again because I dont know whats wrong with me and why this keeps happening..

Any advise would be great

Jason
Tags: head, Anxiety, Work
with my experience of anxiety i am 21 year old female and have panic attacks so bad im out for a week and then when you go to the doc and they say everything is ok you start to feel better but it seems like now your wearing yourself down with all the working plus dealing with the loss and your walls are coming down and that lets the anxiety start coming in and telling you things are wrong when more than likely nothing is wrong you just need to take it easy and relax so it doesnt get as bad as last time
I am so worried right now I worry about my health a lot! Im convinced these symptoms are HIV I dont even know why ive never had unprotected sex, I have tried cocaine a few time when I was younger but not regularly..im not even sure if its possible to catch it from snorting..im stressing myself out I really dont know what to do..ive just got a constant fear that im dying.. I dont know what to do
I myself have been thinking im dying for the past 4 months, doctor said i had depression and have me fluoxetine only took it for 6 days and stopped never liked it!  just trying to get over it on my own, still thinking the worst most of the time, but try get a psychologist! im gonna go there for my next step :) challenge negative thinking!  anyway time for work *go away dizzyness*

hope you have a goodnight!
Im sorry to hear all the stuff you went through. I always say to myself try to take one day at a time. That's good you went to the doctors and everything came out fine. Anxiety can do so much to you. I was reading your post about what happened to your friends very sad Im sure that is hard for you. Try to take a walk everyday to relieve your stress. I been doing that and it really helps alot. One day I feel happy and the next day I don't feel good at all. It comes and go. Everybody is very supported here on this forum. We all work as a Team. I wish you the best and I hope you feel better.
my head has been feeling the same way for the past two months. i know your post is dated over 6 months ago, but i just typed my sypmtoms into the next and this came up.

i have been dealing with anxiety, and i think it might be traumatic stress related. my parents seperated in october, and we got a new neghbour who intimidates me (so bad that when my mum leaves the house i have to keep the door locked because she just walks into the house) i had to take sedatives before going to bed one night, and i still couldn't sleep. i'm struggling with uni, and have a job at the same time, so i think it's all decided to manifest into my head and it's all a psychosis thing. i'v to the doctor many times, and they came to the conclusion it's psychological, and due to my anxiety. i thought they were lying untiol yesterday i was talking to a guy at work who had something similar.

also as i was claming down at work, it was easing, then when some stupid children started throwing eggs outside the shop (i work in a supermarket) and my head started heavy again and i was getting scared.

i also remembered that it all started the afternoon when my neighbour had come ino my house and i couldn't gether to leave.

Hi there, I've been suffering from dizziness and anxiety for nine months now.  I typed this in and this forum came up.  Does anyone still go on here?  It would be nice to have a support team.  I can't believe other people have dizziness and anxiety like myself.  Usually the dizziness or the anxiety will come seperatly, but then the dizziness gives me anxiety because I feel like there is something wrong.  I have dizziness that comes and goes. Can anyone help if I should get a cat scan or MRI?  I constantly think that I have a tumor or something serious wrong because the dizziness keeps on coming back.  I just started taking fluoxetine (Prozac) 3 1/2 weeks ago and I think it may be helping but I still have the dizziness.....
I am a 27 year old male and have been felt like I have gotten totally beat down from anxiety and depression. The first, real panic attack I had was back in October of 2004. I was almost convinced I was having a heart attack. All the symptoms like shooting pain down left arm blah blah blah. But about 6 minutes after my girlfriend called 911 I felt like a total nerd for having her do so. So when the ambulance showed up went to the hospital all was fine. Just "too much on my plate" I was told. Well it never shook off. When I type in my head feels heavy on Google this was first. So now it has been over 4 years since my first full blown attack, which was the worst one. I have done therapy and medications of all sorts. One thing I noticed was my head feeling heavy and my brain seemed to make my vision seem off. Well it is all anxiety and/or depression.

The best way to get the heavy head feeling is to see your doctor regularly and discuss/talk about every thing you notice with anyone. Not just a doctor. A Psychologist is always good to talk to. There are sites for anxiety and plenty of self-help books. One of the biggest things us sufferers do is WORRY! We worry way too much. Way way too much. It can get like OCD with  It is what gets us down. The best things to do is learn to relax and expose yourself to a lot of what you are worried about. Fear is our worst enemy. Finally 4 years later I am really putting these tools to work. I have had this heavy head and dizziness feeling for at least 3 years. I have taken Lexapro, Xanax, Effexor, Generic Effexor and now Fluoxetine (Gen. Prozac). So I say this go see your doctor regularly, execute the self-help and professional help (if wanted) and the most important thing I have to say is this - Do not sit around worrying that anything and everything bad will happen. I sometimes feel that if I stub my toe, I may die. In all reality that would be a 99.9999999% chance that would ever happen. You can look back at your past. All you probably do is remember things that were good but long gone or bad things that happened. I picked up a really good book called, How to stop Worrying and Start Living, by Dale Carnegie. Anyone who has tried other self help systems, like the $200 midwest center's package, and had little or no luck with it working, sometimes just reading a simple book 10 or so pages a day can really help. I have been battling what seems to be a stand still fight for sometime now and the book I mentioned seems to help more then anything. Always practice these tips and things that work for you. Practice makes perfect.
I am 19 years old and I have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 13. I have been put in to 2 different treatment hospitals. My panic attacks are terrible and yes I do feel as if I am dying. I don't know where they come from, but I wish they would go back. I took Lexpro for a while and now I am taking Efferxor XR. It helps with the panic attacks, but I have this heavy headed feeling that just won't go away. It makes me feel like I can't do anything and need to stay in bed all day. I've had CT Scans, X-rays, EKGs, Blood work every test possible and I am medically fine. I've been trying to cope with this the best way possible. I do feel alot better then I did 6 months ago. I have noticed that my anxiety and panic only comes in late October and stays until early February. I don't know if the weather has anything to do with it, but I just want it all do go away.
anyone feel as though when you open your mouth like your jaw feels kind of not sore but numb kind of feeling its hard to explain because its not pain. Also if you have anxiety is it possible to have  a drip in the back of your throat because my head feels dizzy and heavy like there is a brick inside and im scared because i keep getting random sharp pains everywhere throughout my arms, hands, and legs. i  have also been feeling weak and tired and i have trouble breathing. I have been to the er and they did a blood test, ekg, xrays, emg, flu and mono test, strep test, ebv, thyroid everything and everything tested out negative. Im afraid i have a brain tumor or leukemia or something. Its really bothering me so if anyone can relate to this plz let me know asap!!
Hi Donna,
I have been suffering exactly the same symptoms as yourself for 2 years, I left my fiance because it was so bad, I have a three year old daughter and I'm doing the best I can to deal with it. Its gotten heaps better, I think its always related to something though I suffered a fair ammount of abuse in my past relationship and I think thats how the body has dealt with it like a safety mechanism.. I've had MRI's CT's you name it I've had it.. I tend to feel it always first thing in the morning and then mid afternoon. I notice if I have a small rest in the afternoon it helps, but sometimes if I'm at the shops and I feel dizzy I panic and I just have to leave bc I'm scared I'm going to faint and I have a little girl that I worry about.. I've joined a catholic prayer group and that really helps.. Goodluck we all have to stay positive..
can anybody help me my ears feel clogged my head just feels heavy and kinda blurred vision my neck hurts and i cant sleep half the time i get a rush of hot when i go to fsall asleep i went to hospital back in jan they said my blood work was fine they didnt do a ct scan or nething they said i was fine it was just pannic attacks or anxiety they put me on lorezapam to sleep and it helps just makes me wanna sleep and i get up the next day and im ok unless im sitting by myself i think of all these bad things that could happen and i just think i am dying and i have a 3year old and it scacres me soo bad anybody have any suggestions and my ears feel like they are burnin and just i dk please help
For the past three months i have been feeling dizzy/off balance.Sometimes my head feels heavy and my legs feel like they are just hanging there,also have had panic attacks but these feelings wont seem to go away.Ive bben to the dr and hospital  and have been told i was fine.Does anyone else feel this way
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have an 18 month old and I have been having this heavy head like someone is sitting on my head. My neck is tight, I am dizzy and lightheaded it feels hard to even hold my head up. I have been to the ER 2 times in the last month finding out everything is ok. But it seems like everytime I find out something is ok, I find another thing that is wrong. Like this head thing. I do not want to go to the ER again because this head feeling could be stress, anxiety, tension. So I will wait it out for a week or so. I had a CT scan done about 4 years ago with contrast and everything checked out fine. At that time I was having pains in my head. . The dizziness I would put your head in between you legs in a sitting position on the couch for a few minutes and then lift up slowly. My doc said this will help with dizziness. You mentioned your ears were burning? is it inside? you might have an ear infection, which causes dizziness. With antibiotics and eardrops it would clear up. I hope you get better soon. Ear Problems can cause so much dizziness and fogginess.
Hi, I am new to this, stumbled across this after looking for help for my situation on the net....long story so bear with me....

About a month ago I got a really sore throat and had penicillin to help but after that I was left with a terrible cough/cold/blocked up feeling which i've had now for a month and can't seem to shake it. Really wot i'm asking is can anxiety make u ill cos in the weeks leeding up to my sore throat I was getting dizzy all the time and feeling faint and would worry something bad was wrong then I did actually get ill which made my worry symptoms even worse, its like a vicious cycle.....I now have come to realise I might have a anxiety problem but I can't get in to see my doc for 10 days.....I feel like I am going crazy and find my symptoms so embarrassing when they are at theie worst, and along with all that I still have this irritating cough/cold.....is this not going away cos of my anxiety? symptoms that I get are as follows:

"surges" in my head and/or chest when trying to sleep
can't get to sleep
heavy head feeling/feel very lethargic
sharp chest pains randomly
dizzyness
"shaking" head when walking, feel faint like I could collapse
ears feel blocked (is this anxiety or my cold?)
occasional heavy sensation in chest like I'm being pushed on
general headaches
"rush of blood" when I stand up
I'm eating as normally as possible but don't have my usual appetite

These all happens at different times but afternoons seem particularly bad and when i'm trying to sleep, also I dread driving any significant distance cos I get the weird head feelings and heavy chest.....

sometimes if I drink alcohol I feel better but sometimes I cn still feel things and the next day I feel miserable.....

when I think back now over the past 5 years or so I can recall times when this has happened and it all makes sense but its never lasted this long before.....

Any help/advice anyone can give me would be so appreciated.

Thank you for reading!
Hi i have the same symptoms as you the heavy head feelin & very bad dizziness and always feel faint when i walk and when i go into shops etc its horrible i got told by my doctor it is anxiety related but i also worry alot tht it is a tumor or something, i av ad bloodtest done MRI been to the ENT all came bck neg , but im reali scared still theres something wrong because i feel so dizzy and feel faint alday everyday. do you av problems with your eyes/vison???? anxiety can do so much to our bodies its unbelievable i also get chest/ left arm pain almost everyday and feel very tierd ! sounds 2 me like your one of us im afraid , jus tek 1 day at a time , if you want 2 chat more add me on yahoo or msn messenger lilly_lea***@**** ! take care ,
Hi Jason,

I'm 22 years old and my symptoms started 2 weeks after i heard my mom had a really bad terminal cancer. My first reaction was panic cause i didn't know what was wrong with me, i thought i had a brain tumor or something ( my symptoms are: stiff neck, pressure in the back of my head, forehead and sinus pressure, dizziness and fatigue. I still won't be beleive it's all anxiety related since i'm taking an MRI soon aven after the bloodtest and Ct Scan. I think all the anxiety is due to my symptoms but they say it's my anxiety triggering the symptoms... i guess if the MRI come clear i will have to accept it and start working with a therapist.

So yeah basicly the number 1 trigger for stress and anxiety is the death of a close one. So i bet it's related to the suicide events... I'd sugest you see a therapist to get to the root of the problem and take medications only if you really have too like you feel you can't live normally no more and it is killing you. For a long term use i sugest Lexapro and for short term i sugest benzos like Xanax, Ativan, Bromazepam. But remember that benzos are bad and really addictive and only for short term use since there's a really bad withdrawal assosiated with them...

Hope this will help you a bit, add me to your friend if you wan't to talk more about it.

Best regards,
M4
I had a huge release of emotion when i was reading through all the comments, so much of this is relative to what i have experienced in the
past. I am 30 years old and have been suffering with Anxiety and panic attacks for 12 years. It was a shock to the system coming from a normal upbringing playing lots of sport and socialising out with friends suddenly to get the strangest of feelings almost like a huge self awareness. Again like mentioned before this would often happen in a shopping centre with the symptons of my legs feeling heavy almost like having two dead legs, and feeling like gravity was pulling me down that bit stronger, this would then trigger off the anxiety and panic attacks often leading to myself running out of the building to find a quiet place to relax and catch my breath. This could also happen in a relaxing environment having dinner with a friend or simply getting a haircut, i often actually sit their during my haricut thinking ok i could always run out leave my wallet and then return later when i have calmed down, it sounds so silly writting this down but so true. The early years of this would often result with me in A&E only to be told i was hyperventilating and everything was fine and of course once that reassurance was their i felt fine and would be ok for another month or two. Several visits to the docs after convincing myself i must have a brain tumour,MS or some unknown fatal disease resulted in me having mri and ecg scans which didn't reveal anything wrong. The only advice i got was relaxtion methods. It's hard to explain this to people on the outside who put it down to mental illnes when to me it always feels physical, it seems a long time ago when i last went though a single day without worrying, It has helped to share this i only hope we can all truly make the most of our lives.
i totaly understand where you are comming from and what you are saying. i feel like i am on the ride the gravatron if you don't know what it is it is where you stand against the wall in a ufo shaped ride and it goes in circles really fast and it pushes you againt the wall and you feel very heavy and can't move.  i feel very offten like gravity is pushing aginst my face and head.i also feel like i am going to lose my breath or wont be able to breath.  i don't remember what its like not to worry when the next attack will hit.  i never knew people suffered like this before now and now i can't imagine life happy and good again.   i wish there were more success stories online
my head fells heavy and hot inside and i keep getting pains in my cheast is this a panic attack my doctor says it is but i havnt had any check ups and im really scared .. ?
my head fells heavy and hot inside i get pains in it and i fell dizzy sometimes my doctor says im having panic attacks does anyone else have these symptoms ?
I'm 14 and I have been Suffering the same symptoms since I was 12. I get Anxiety and Panic attacks a lot and lately my head feels very heavy and dizzy. I thought it was mainly stress and tiredness that was causing these symptoms but i'm not completely sure. I Suffer with bad S.A.D (Seasonal affective Disorder) And Hypochondria; where I'm scared of being ill. I would really like some help but, I'm scared of telling my Gp as I'm scared he will say I have something wrong with me. Could anyone help me with what I'm suffering with?

I am glad that I'm not the only one suffering these symptoms.
Hi, I'm 21 this year and I'm heading for my final university year. I used to have all kinds of panic attacks symptoms like all of you did and I even had severe depression and i used to be very very afraid and scared for nothing and hide in my room like a crazy person, the worst one was feeling dizzy all the time and unable to eat in public. I couldn't sleep, and basically everything that you don't want to know. (Believe me)

But hey, guess how i healed it? I faced it. That's right, I face it together with people who supported me, with all the self-help books, motivational courses, i seek psychologists (but i didn't really take much medication seriously) and I talk to people everywhere at anytime about my problem (even strangers) and lately i have been chasing after my dreams. Yeah i know there's a lot to do, but hey, it is for your own good! Trust me people, you want to get rid of panic attacks, depression, insomnia, dizzyness and what so ever forever, you'd better start opening your mouth and F**K your dirty-corrupted mind.

I notice, the more you start talking, or singing or any kind of physical release (exercising, play a game, watever) you will automatically feel alive again! I am just very happy that I did it but I notice that there are many of you are still stuck in it.

Ok here are my PERSONAL suggestions, follow it if you want, forget it if you don't, but it works for me and i've retrieved back my life (nah, i'm not asking u to buy any product either, so chill)

EVeryday when you wake up, before you start TALKING **** about yourself again (sorry for the vulgar words, but u have to start telling your mind that you are the boss, not him). 1) STOP TALKING TO YOURSELF! that's the first key. Forget about the "Breathing technique" whatsoever, just remember, whenever your mind is starting to think something, stop it, and START TALKING TO OTHER PEOPLE INSTEAD. :) and be cool.

I learned some free techniques from this website made by an Asian, it's totally free and I think all of you should see it, cos they teach you everything you need to know.

Thank you so much RussianWurst! That is what I needed to hear...I am also a college student. And have just started having those exact symptoms. Lightheaded all the time...breathing techniques, trying to sleep and waking up the next morning is the worst. This is soo not like me. And it *****, especially when it happens in class. I also do feel better when I talk alot and get do physical activity.

I've even cuss at myself all the time....but it doesn't really help. Hah. I really don't want to take meds for this, and hearing your success story has made me feel way better. Maybe I'll have an anxiety free rest of the day.

Thank You...and Good Luck to all.
And what's that website??
hi does anyone have constant heavy head and light head everyday all day?
Hello i am 23 years old. Just started dealing with this anxiety stuff. Its horrible. I get dizzy and lightheaded, the back of my head, neck and back feel really tight. my head gets shaky because of how tight it all feels which is crazy scary. i dont like the shaky feeling. Also i lost my job which made it all worse. So now i sit at home and nobody will hire me because of my anxiety. its horrible. i almost feel as if it took complete control over me. its ruining my life. i went to the hospital 3 times and heres what i got... "Oh its just sinusitis"..."seems like an allergic reaction to your new tattoo" (which my tattoo is perfectly FINE)... "ear infection"... they did blood work and an ekg. all clear. so while i still had a job, i finally picked up on some insurance so i can see what i call a "real" doctor who will listen and not just throw anxiety off as some sickness. so i went to this doctor quite a few times. he of course wanted me to have my ears checked...seeing as i had a lot of lightheaded-ness going on. so i seen an ent and had a hearing test. all came back good. so that was checked off the list as a possibility. then came thyroid and iron..which was clear as well. so wow finally its anxiety! lost my job and ins. so im going to prestera..seeing a therapist and a doctor there. ive been put on zoloft,lexapro, wellbutrin,buspar, paxil, celexa,luvox, and a few others that i cannot remember off the top of my head. none of them could even begin to help me because i am allergic to all of them! so i try to exercize...i hear thats the best thing for anxiety. so with that, it started helping...a lot! now its not! its like my  body is becoming immune to the exercizing! i dont know what else to do. i feel as if nothing is working. and im never going to be "normal" again. and if anybody would like to start a support group let me know. i think it would be nice and maybe help us all!  email me if you would like to,  ***@****
I get all these strange feelings in my head ALL DAY LONG! It's become so frusterating. Right now I'm feeling this dripping wet sensation and other times I feel tingly or theres pressure. It just doesn't feel normal at all. I feel dizzy all the time as well. I have been to 2 doctors and done all my blood tests came back normal. I'm going for a CT soon just to make sure theres nothing else wrong. But after reading through lots of blogs a lot of people have the same feelings and find out its just anxiety. I just can't believe its happening to me and I keep thinking about when I didn't have all this **** going on. I just want it all to go away!! Also nobody in my family understands so its comforting to read the blogs. Thanks for making me feel sane.
Hey I have had anxiety for a couple of years now and have been on Lexapro the whole time except one summer when I tried to ween off of it. But, my anxiety has been good with no panic attacks but recently I thought I had a brain tumor from all the head aches I got and now I feel as  if my head feels tingly and I think I have TMJ because my jaw is sore and I have been getting aches on one side of my head. I hate this sh** lol.
i hope you all have made some progress since your posts as i have since i started having the dizziness and anxiety and panic attacks in 2005.  i was on lexapro for 2 years, which helped with my anxiety slightly, but now i am off and have have not felt this well in years.  the disappointing thing is that i do not feel like i did before these attacks started and fear i will never feel the same again, but things are better.  everything mentioned from the above i have experienced or still am experiencing.  i love you all and other people do not realize how everyday can be the most challenging day of your life when experiencing this, but hope to those who feel like all is lost, i had no one to go to or afford tons of medicals tests and as the years past i feel stronger for having conquered my fears, which most arent even valid fears, so dont EVER give up.  idols hands are the devils playground so keep occupied, pick up knew hobbies, and NEVER forget, you are NOT alone!!!   :)    :)    :)   Everything is alright!!!!
..i've read up on this range of symptoms which i myself faced for the last several yrs..throw in a few more like facial tightness,eyes feeling heavy,blurred vision,pain in temples,inablitiy to speak coherently etc...i've had it for abt 10 yrs now...all antibiotics doing absolutely nothing to improve my situation..recently i started going to a local physiotherapist.It has worked wonders.I cannot speak for all,but i hope atleast people consider that alternative and see for themselves if it helps.I benefitted hugely in just two sessions after ten yrs of my prime life spent in this misery.Just check it out,folks.Take care all and do NOT lose hope.God bless!
Dont know if any 1 comes on here anymore but here is my story.

the last 5 weeks iv started to feel tired,withdrawn scared im going to die, dizzness,heavy head, feeling off balance and feeling out of body :(.

2 days ago my heart was going really fast and i was so scared i went to the docters they sent me up to hospital done some tests and they all came out fine, they are going to send me for a heart ultrsound just for peice of mind but they say that it is more than likley anxiety.

why does anxiety make me feel like this :(

my head feels so weird i keep tinking i have a brain tumour and i am really scared of dying somebody help please im scared i dont want to die :( x
What you are experiencing is quite common with anxiety disorder.  
If you read the posts on this forum you will find dozens of others who are going thru exactly what you are.
Anxiety has MANY physical symptoms.  When you think about it, anxiety disorder is a disorder of the nervous system. Your nervous system controls every part of your body so when it goes 'out of wack' any part of your body can be impacted.   This includes your thought processes, thus your fear of dying, etc.  It is believed that brain chemistry is altered and this effects your nervous system.  Some believe that your thought processes can in turn effect brain chemistry.
In any case, I suggest you speak to your doctor about getting a referral to a good psychiatrist.
He/She can help you get back to your old self most quickly and in a way most beneficial to you.  Good luck and be well.
Thank you all for commenting here.
I'm a 21 year old female who has suffered with derealization, anxiety, and panic attacks for the past two years. To worry constantly takea a tole on your body.. I know this first hand. I've had the pains, negative thoughs, hospital bills up the butt, all of it. This is what's helped me..

1. Prayer. I pray and I meditate on the Lord. Through prayer with patience I've learned to think about what I'm thinking about. Sounds weird but it helps me. Like, let's say I'm shopping and feel dizzy. "What if I faint?" If I faint, I'll wake up and get some fresh air. "What if I have a panic attack while driving?" I'll eventually calm down and make it to my destination. I pray to God to help me to be at peace in my mind and body, no matter what's going on around me. I talk to God as if He's sitting across from me at the kitchen table.

2. Though I use prayer to cope I also believe that when our natural "stress tranquilizers" get low, that results in our feelings of panic and anxiety. Being said, there's a natural supliment called St. John's Wort. It promotes positive thinking and has helped me as well as numerous friends/family members a great deal. It's cheap, too! I buy it at Walmart or any other pharmacy store for under ten bucks.

This forum has put my mind to ease knowing that I am not alone.
God Bless you all now and always :)  
  I am 14 and sometimes have wierd feelings in my head as if it feels like little movements and little pricks all over my head( maybe only in one or two spots at a time) sometimes throughout the day. Ive also had anxiety( it felt like i was dying when i had a anxiety attack) when i was younger, but i have learned to control it; although the anxiety is trying to hit again sometimes. It also feels like a brick is on my head also, putting pressure on it. Just wondering because i would hate for something to be wrong with me since i am young. I was also wondering if it is rare? Or if anybody else that is my age or older feels that way? Thanks!!!
I have had the samethings happen to me with the 911 once they are called an they do the Ekg and i get the good results im fine.but ive been suffering 10yrs i also have 24/7 dizziness ive gained so much weight because i think my suger or iron is low an i constantly think i need to eat does anyone else experiance this??
Ok, sounds like I am suffering from anxiety too. this attack started yesterday and basically I feel nausea, feel really strange and when I try to lie down I feel like my nervous system has gone haywire. I lay in bed and think that I am having a heart attack and I am going to die...so I pray and pray and then thank God when I wake up. I HATE this feeling. No today I still feel really strange and the back of my head and neck feels like it weighs a ton. and my head is tingling all over. *so does this sound like Anxiety*?
i have the same feelings...it *****...valium helps me sleep but i suffer all day long...
I have some of the same symptoms most of you have. It's funny because my symptoms started Dec 21, 2010 to be exact. I woke up at 3AM after sleeping on my back, the room was spinning. Then i felt nausea the whole morning till like 11AM. The next day Dec 22, i slept on my back again and woke up dizzy again. The same time like 3AM. So i realize not to sleep on my back. So i've been sleeping on my stomach since then. No more dizzyness, but my head feels light-headed everyday and sometime i have nausea. Been to ENT and he said my noise was a little congested so he gave me Omnaris. Doesn't do anything for me. Went to the ER on Jan 22,10 and had a CT scan. All clear. Doctor gave me Meclicine for dizziness, did nothing for me, so i stop taking it. Went to the neurologist and he tested my reflexes and my eyes. All okay. Now i have a follow-up with the ENT on Feb 16th. I will let him know i still feel the symptoms. I was fine up until Dec 21, 2010 and this is boggling my mind what this is. I've never been sick like this before and it makes me feel like i'm gonna die sometimes. The ENT did say he wanted to test me for sleep Apnea. My girlfriend did tell me when i sleep on my back i sometime stop breathing and she wakes me up. I'll see what happens on 2/16/11.
you could test for autonomic nerves a table tilt for blood p[ressure change, did they look to see if you had whole in your heart,did you try ent, there is also vascular loops that can cause dizziness
I csn totally relate to ur dizziness even now when im watching tv the heavy head dizzy feelings is coming on so I googled the symptoms an came up wit this forum its bin four weeks now an ive bon suffering from this vertigo feeling an in the last three days heart pulpitations ive always siffered from anxiety im certaianly a hypercondriact I just want to b happy an get on wit life but these feeling keep causing more anxiety :(
omg I'm not alone! I got these feelings too. dizzyness, lightheadedness, heavy feeling in head, weird feeling in jaw, worreid about dying. worried about leaving my family behind, chills and shakes.

ive been check out head to to and everything checks fine. so medically i'm fine. emotional is where i am messed up

I'm such a mess. i'm going to see my doctor tomorrow because I really think its anxiety and made an appointment with a phyciatrsit.

I have been a suffer of Anxiety for many years myself.  I think it started when I was around 10 and I am now 40 so I know how hard it is.  All the things that you are all feeling are exactly what I have been feeling for years.  It does come and go and I can go for years feeling okay and then BAM...  Do not fret there are ways to help it.  I do face it and say things like okay body do whatever you want to do have a panic attack if you want to but hurry up because I have things to do.  I also now believe that there is power in Gods word and that you can get peace with prayer and scripture (The New Test.)  It really is a real good place to go because Jeasus does so many good things and it helps you to think positive.....  
What keepingcalm, and KeepGodfirst said...along with herbal teas and more vitamins the One who has helped me the most is God. I try to read the bible a good bit but especially when im starting to feel panicky and start having anxiety i simply turn to His word. Jesus is the answer trust me, if you haven't found Him yet, seek Him out. He will do wonders in your life. He saves me every single day from myself. I have so much more hope then i used to and i don't feel as if ive hit a dead end anymore. We are always going to have bad days, things are always going to go wrong here and there, but when you have God on your side, i mean really really have Him on your side, He'll save you everytime. He has made many promises in that book for those who believe in him/Jesus, and if you just have faith in Him, He'll save you every day. My love to all of you, and i will be praying for all of you. God Bless you all!     PS the herbal teas ive been using are chamomile, double bagged 2 times a day sometimes more, and other days ill use Sweet dreams tea double bagged, really calms you down. (the sweet dreams tea may not need to be double bagged seeing that it has kind of a sedative effect) but all natural and so much better for you then the hard perscription meds.
Dizzness and week in legs. real dizzy when I bend over to do work or do anything at all
at times, and sore in my shoulders, I go to the doctor the run all kinds of tests and they
all are all ok. they cannot seem to find out this problem, does anybody know what it is
please let me know ok? is there any medicine or anything to cure it or help it any at atall?

Sincerely,

Mr, Glenn Baker
5608 Southfork Road
Carlsbad NM  88220-9160

my E-Mail address is ***@****
Hi, i'v been reading some of the comments on this site and have suffered from panic attacks myself for many years and this is a site which helped me deal with and in many ways stop the attacks from coming on: www.panicaway.com.
Showing how it is the 'fear' of having another panic attack that brings them back time and time again because the first time you ever experience a panic attack your brain acknowledges and remembers that feeling (the fright and the terror) therefore as a result you become anxious and panic constantly that this horrific feeling will re-occur. If you can get rid of that fear you should find that they are less frequent and hopefully stop the onsets and the cycle. Once you don't fear them, try bringing one on, crazy I know, but it is actually difficult to bring another one on when the fear doesn't control you anymore.
This web site asks for money to get the whole course, but I found that the mini course (which is free) helped enormously, you need to have it e-mailed to you. Here's some of the information it provides to help get over that fear and stop the onsets:
                                                    ************
There is one key factor that makes the difference between those who fully eliminate panic attacks from their lives and those who do not. The key ingredient is not medication, lifestyle changes or relaxation exercises. It is when the individual no longer fears the thought of having a panic attack. This may seem like a simplified and obvious observation but give it careful consideration. The one thing that has you searching for a solution to anxiety and panic attacks this very moment is the fear of having another one.

To begin with:

-when you start to experience anxious thoughts, it is very important not to force the thoughts away.

Let the thoughts in. The more comfortable you can become with them, the better. These thoughts will never go away fully but what you can learn is to change your reaction to them.

By changing your reaction to the anxious thoughts you become free of them.

Once you establish a new way of reacting to the thoughts it does not matter if you have them or not. Your reaction is what defines the whole experience (and that applies to almost everything).

Everybody experiences fleeting thoughts that many would consider scary or crazy. The difference between most people and somebody who gets caught up in them, is that the average person sees them for exactly what they are, fleeting anxious thoughts, and casually ignores them.

The anxious person is at a disadvantage as they already have a certain level of anxiety in their system. The thoughts easily spark feelings of further anxiety which builds into a cycle of fear. You break the cycle by changing how you react to the fearful thought.
Here is an example of how to approach this:

You are enjoying the way your day is going but then all of sudden a fearful thought comes to mind.

Before you would react with anxiety to the idea and then try to force that thought out of your mind.

This time, however, say:

“That’s a fear of X. I could worry and even obsess over that but this time I’m going to do something different. I’m not going to react to it. I’m also not going to try and stop it either. I’m just going to label the thought and not react.”

Then the thought comes again with more intensity and possibly with new ‘scary’ angles you never considered. When this happens you do exactly the same. As if you were observing a cloud passing overhead, you simply

-Observe it,

-Label it (fear of whatever), then

-Watch it as it passes by with no judgment.

then

-Move your attention on to what you were doing.

Observe, Label, Watch, Move on

See the anxious thought for what it really is: -one of the thousands of fleeting sane and insane thoughts every one of us experiences daily.

If you are a more indoors type of person then instead of thinking of the thoughts like clouds passing in the sky, you might try imagining a large cinema screen and the anxious thoughts are projected out onto the screen in front of you. Play around with this approach. Find what works for you.

The key thing to remember is to:

Observe, Label, Watch, Move on

By practicing this approach you gradually stop reacting with fear to the thought and you learn to treat it as nothing more than an odd peculiarity.

When you are at a stage where you are comfortable doing the above exercise and you feel you are making good progress, then try this additional step:

Actually invite one of your more regular fearful thoughts in.

Call the fear to you, say you just want it to come close so you can observe it.

It may seem like the last thing you would wish to bring upon yourself, as you don’t particularly enjoy these thoughts but this approach can be very empowering. You are now calling the shots. You actually invited the issue in.

By doing this you are discharging the dense vibration of fear surrounding the anxious thought. That fear was sustaining itself on your resistance, -the idea that you could not handle these thoughts.

The fear quickly evaporates when you turn around and say “yes of course I can handle these thoughts.”

Fear intensifies when we pull away from it. Anxious thoughts become a mental tug of war if we struggle with them.

It is the mental struggle of pulling against the anxious thoughts that creates the inner psychological tension.

The inner tension is fueled by thoughts like:

“I can’t handle to think about this -please go away”

“I don’t like that thought- I want it to stop!”

Take a different stance. Invite anxious thoughts in. Willingly sit with them, label them and do your very best not to react.

Yes, it does take practice but very soon you find yourself in a unique position of control. You are no longer a victim of fearful thinking but a decision maker in what you will or will not be concerned about.

As with every technique there is always a level of practice involved in the beginning. Initially you start observing but then suddenly get anxious about the fearful thought. That’s very normal in the beginning.

Keep at it. Practice and you will quickly see how less impacting those fearful thoughts become.

Do not let your mind trick you into believing that your anxiety is something you will always have to struggle with. That is simply not true.
To Learn more about Panic Away visit: www.PanicAway.com
                                                         *****

Anyway take a look, you got nothing to loose and hopfully it helps you out. There is light at the end of the tunnel, if your mind can think negative then surely you can filp the switch, take control and turn your mind the other way and think positive. Good Luck to you all :-)
i get dizzy all the time its like im going to pass out and wobbly legs and feel off balance .... i get hot and sweat all the time and pains in my head
I've had the same symptoms with dizziness and feeling of going off balance. It all started after my girl friend left me. I carried a lot of anger in my heart towards god and my dead mother who didn't bother when she alive. I have been suffering from depression for quite some time and i used to blame god and mother for that. I used to hate them so much that i would use the F and B word for them. If a sad song played on TV, i'd constantly relate that to my GF. Everything was about her, hating god and mum.

My GF left me because i was unable to sustain in jobs, what she didn't understand is that i had a rough childhood.

Something happened just a month ago and i realized that before my GF came in my life, things were much different. Why different is what i pondered on.

Did a lot of soul searching and finally realized that the cause for my panic attacks, panicked sleep was the ill feelings i had purposely developed to escape from pressures of life. As soon as i let go off all the anger, my health improved. Hyper acidity, dizziness and panicked sleep went away instantly.

Now, i am more or less like jesus! I have love and affection for people around me. I forgave my GF as she was unaware of my situation. I'm feeling much better these days. Although, not in my prime but still better. Remember, hate is a very strong word. Don't harbour any ill feeling for anyone, it consumes the host first.

Wish you a speedy recovery,

Sushant
How are you doing? Sounds like you may have seasonal affective disorder if you only suffer in the fall/winter months. Look into it.
What i don't understand is why aren't doctors able to see what's the problem? It's going on a year on DEC 21 and i still have the same symptoms. Did MRI and cat-scan and of course they don't see anything. But i know my body and i was fine until that night last year when i was sleeping on my back.
Hey,
Your post really helped me the instant I read it! Thank you. I shouted out loud, STOp THinking!!!!!! What is the website you spoke about, the Asian girls site? Ay more tips would be much appreciated!
Thanks again
Totally understand!  I am so glad to have found this site.  I am fighting through this right now.  Feel like every year more and more things are wrong with me, and I seriously wonder how many years left I have, haha!  

Latest issues are heavy, dizzy spells, and seems like I have to work to breathe.
It's so miserable and no one gets it if they've never had the feelings we have. Thank goodness there are people out there who understand. I wish it would all just stop though! Dizzy, constant worrying, heart beating fast, feeling faint, jittery......aaahhhhhhh lol
Hi could you post some more to give us all hope if you ae still out there!
Hi i'm Caleb i'm 18 now i have had anxiety and panic since i was 13 . a long time ago i use to be a bad punk smoke cigarettes and pot all the time . . . well one time i got high as usual it was dark out so i smoked beside the apartment me and my mother lived in . Later this night i decide to walk to the neighbors as for a smoke i asked her is it was possible for the world to end once she described me this awful answer i ran home and was never the same i tried to keep smoking pot but every time i did the the though of the answer came back !! So at 15 i quit for good was done after meds and help i started to work through it . . . i took myself off meds and was getting even better . suddenly about 4 months ago it has all came back and it's hitting worse i freak over everything , cancer , tumors , disease , anything you name it !
Sounds like me, I take adderal for head fog, I see a chiropractor for body issues, I have been told ive got menieres disease then told no it wasnt. It might just be your ears, thats what mine is. I have a ear disease that does that and when the weather changes so doesnt my head. Also your a hypocondreact I see which doesnt help your matters any at all. If somebody has something or dies your think youve got everything in the book. Well honestly you do have anxiety but your doing it to yourself by worring and freaking out which causes the light head, dizzy and fast heart beat and all that. Take deep breaths and member your really fine. Depression is sounds like also so id advise something for that. Ive been dealing with all this stuff for years and sad to say im only 28. I assure you your not going to die. If any of you have fb find living with menieres disease. We all go threw the same thing alot. In time you will find ways to cope with things such as anxiety. Get a massage (hot stone) and facial. Guy or woman both will relax you and you will feel great. I to thought i had a brain tumor and all that crap everything came back neg. I see a ent specialist every 6months. Dizziness can be caused by alot of things but if you really think you have a brain tumor just look at your pupils if one is bigger then the other then yes you probably do. I honestly wouldnt worry about it. Like I said get on some xanax for your panic attacks and a antidepressent for your worrys. Your not alone period. My head floats around and gets foggy, and i get dizzy, and sometime feel like im on a boat or stepping in pot holes. If anyone needs any other advice just fb me under charlotte powell hessley.
ok.....everyone who is in their 20s, 30s and 40s...who have head heaviness, chest pains, heavy legs, dizziness etc etc etc....I am turning 55 years old and have lived a wonderful life...with these same damn symptoms since I was in my 20s.......panic attacks....yuck...and I have been wise to keep meds to a minimum...but they're there in case.....sort of an emergency crutch....but the best thing I did was make up a test message I read during panic attacks: here it is:

*This panic attack is just a test of your emergency response system. When your ancient ancestors were chased by lions on the high plains of Africa, they were the first up the tree because of your genetically SUPERIOR emergency response system which you have just experienced. This was only a test. You can now return to your normal life until the next unscheduled test Until then, think of yourself as an ancestor of someone a hundred million years ago that was PRAISED for his/her SUPERIOR emergency response system...thank you.*

Somehow, after I read this to myself....I now laugh and think about all those poor saps that if aliens invade will be killed while people like us, with our superior emergency response (panic) system will survive....Until the aliens invade....just keep on testing...LOL...until we save mankind...

Seriously, kids, I have lived a wonderfully successful life....panic attacks for nearly 34 yrs now...and now when my chest feels terrible, can't breathe, legs heavy, head dizzy I just remember I have regular checkups of my heart and brain and I am fine..but it's just my SUPERIOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE SYSTEM...so hold your heads high.....even if they are dizzy...bye..
I'm 15 years old and I lost my uncle in januray I cried but I was fine untill march I've been suffering with panick attacks and depression and my head feels heavy and I'm scared I'm loosing my mind and I've got a brain tumour I'm scared I'm going to die its horrible :'(
Have you been diagnosed officially with panic disorder?  Death can cause disorders such as this.  Sometimes we think we have grieved enough but it sometimes manifests itself in many ways-not right away even.  You may feel like that and you may also feel as though you have a brain tumour--yup been there...You do not.  See if you can get your parents take you to a professional to have you properly diagnosed.
I'm 32 years old and I have been very depressed and I have been getting that heavy feeling in my head. I also been getting dizzy when I'm lying in bed. Does anybody know what I can do to stop this?
hieeee everyone..... iam having these heavy head symptoms for the last two months now... all medical reports normal and all tests done but with no success..... iam starting to feel down now... plsss someone help me.... its good to see that iam not the only one to suffer from this!!!.....
HAY MA I JUST STARTED HAVING THESE SYMPTOMS!!! UR STORY IS INSPIRING I'M GOING TO REALLY TRY THIS AND NOT HOPE BUT BELIEVE THAT THIS WORKS!
HAY MAN I JUST STARTED HAVING THESE SYMPTOMS!!! UR STORY IS INSPIRING I'M GOING TO REALLY TRY THIS AND NOT HOPE BUT BELIEVE THAT THIS WORKS!
Hey everyone!
I used to suffer from panic attacks and general anxiety, but God led me to a website called PanicAway! It is fun by a man named Barry McDonaugh. I subscribed to his newsletters about one year ago, and I have never experienced a panic attack since! It is totally free and definitely worth a try!
I hope this helps you in the future!
Good luck and God bless
That's good you went to the doctors and everything came out fine. Anxiety can do so much to you. I was reading your post about what happened to your friends very sad Im sure that is hard for you. Try to take a walk everyday to relieve your stress. I been doing that and it really helps alot.
Everyone..check your thyroid. Get the thyroid sensitivity test done. Most of the time just thyroid test alone comes out normal. All these symptoms can be caused by your thyroid gland.
Hi Everyone .... Its really helpful to understand you are not alone suffering from Anxiety & Depression in this world we are living.....its good to share opinions and read people's experiences .... its 2013 i have suffered Anxiety for few years ..... Heavy Headed ... Chest Sore .. Throat Sore ...Stiff Neck ... you name it its all due to ANXIETY dont waste your time CT scan or any other stuff .... maybe to you guys this sounds weird but to me i think this is a spiritual matter rather than Physical matter ! every one goes through Stress and daily life activities bla bla bla why isnt the millions around the world suffering Anxiety !!!! i think its time we SEEK GOD for help for those of you didnt try spiritual healing i wish if you could try i am sure you will get results .. join a prayer group from a LIVING church not a Business church ...i visited Africa for my matter and the results i got were amazing for more information about what i am talking about visit this site
www emmanuel . tv
God bless you
i am posting this message to let you all know you can be restored and healed and there is HOPE in JESUS CHRIST

Yes God can lead us to the right path if we ask for help :)
God bless you
specialmom, and 10356 commented on dominosarah's status
36 mins ago
CRSeaside, and 10356 commented on Jade59's status
37 mins ago
10356 commented on onthefence's status
38 mins ago